Truma error code

Dave Thomas

Yesterday I put the hot air heating on in the van for a while ( hooked up to electrics ) and it ran for a few hours fine, then I turned it off playing about with the control panel and now I cant get it to work!

It comes up with error 601 I eventually found what the error code means ( fault in the electrics ensure 12v under load at appliance input and check for AC voltage components that can be generated by the power supply unit )

I've checked all fuses and all OK I've reset the control panel and turned it off etc but as soon as I set it up again the unit I get the error code back.

I will check the voltages at the unit tomorrow and I believe there is a fuse at the boiler itself.

Just wondering if anyone else has had anything like this before and what did you do to fix it? Its probably something simple but this unit is new to me.

Thanks in advance Dave

It sounds like the fuse or a faulty connection. Not sure what setting you have been using, sometimes setting it on gas and electricity rather than just electricity has cleared that fault on ours, no idea why though.

Edited by Wildwood

• 3 months later...

Hi I have just experienced error code 601H on my caravan Truma Combi E in my 2019 swift sprite super quatro FB, this resulted in no heating and no hot water. I am connected to an electric hook up and ha e plenty of gas in the cylinder.  I have powered everything down and let it stand for a while but cannot get the fault to reset. Any ideas please ,on a caravan site in sunny but baltic conditions and don't want to have to return home.  Thanks.

I have copied these,  not sure if it's any help to you though as I have just seen the date 2020:unsure:

How do I reset truma control panel?

Press the rotary push button for long enough for the control panel to power and leave it for 20 minutes before trying again. Is the W255H flashing and if it is then wait 20 minutes and then try a reset.

Clearing codes

To clear the above fault codes carry out the remedy as necessary and the boiler in most cases with rectify itself. If the code remains use the CP panel scroll knob to select the warning triangle and either double click it or push and hold until “app” appears and then use the “back “ button this should clear it if the remedy has been carried out. If the fault is still persistent or “wait 15 mins” appears you can do a “boiler reset” (disconnecting the 12v supply is not a reset).

Edited by joanie

Happy Days

As I understand it, 601H means there has been an interruption to the 12v supply. 

Some codes require the system to be left on with the code present on the control panel for 15 minutes before you can reset them as they cause the system to lock-out. If you try and clear it before 15 minutes has elapsed it won't reset.

From what I have gleaned on Internet searches there are also 12v and 240v slow blow glass fuses on the boiler PCBs. The 12v is on the top but the 240v is buried underneath.

Edited by Legal Eagle

Non in legendo sed in intelligendo leges consistunt.

The laws depend not on being read, but on being understood.

On 17/04/2021 at 09:02, Legal Eagle said:

As I understand it, 601H means there has been an interruption to the 12v supply. 

Some codes require the system to be left on with the code present on the control panel for 15 minutes before you can reset them as they cause the system to lock-out. If you try and clear it before 15 minutes has elapsed it won't reset.

From what I have gleaned on Internet searches there are also 12v and 240v slow blow glass fuses on the boiler PCBs. The 12v is on the top but the 240v is buried underneath.

I'm with Legal Eagle on that, most Truma codes require 15 mins before they can be cleared (If memory serves, the exclamation mark in the triangle will stop flashing - then you can try again)

On 17/04/2021 at 09:02, Legal Eagle said:

2022 Swift Elite 860 & Santa Fe

Though not a solution for the OP, wouldn't it have been nice if the original poster in 2020 came back with however he solved his problem, or not, to add to the CT knowledge base, same can be said for many thread starters sadly.?‍♀️

We all can and do learn by the experience of others, finding solutions etc. but that's only when posters spend a few minutes typing their solution to help others in the future.

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

Dave was last on the forum on April 7th.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Not quite sure how but I eventually got it working I did all the resets inc the one with a pencil tried it on gas only and it came on left it a while then tried electric again and its all working now. Thanks for al your help.

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.