New member caravan buying and collecting

Northernron

1 hour ago, richardandros said:

Tried that in June - it doesn't work!  Being a retired senior police officer, I emailed the current Chief Constable of our local police force prior to taking the van to Doncaster to get an E&P system fitted,  asking what their interpretation / policy was with regard to the (then) lockdown rules.  All I got was a non-committal answer.  What Stevan says above is about right! 

Agree,  It's probably now even more complicated in Scotland.  Even the First Minister gets it wrong !! :D

16 hours ago, Fly-Fifer said:

Agree,  It's probably now even more complicated in Scotland.  Even the First Minister gets it wrong !! :D

And as for South of the Border! :rolleyes:

22 hours ago, richardandros said:

However, because of the lack of response from Knaus, I'm between a rock and a hard place with regard to maintaining the warranty by meeting their servicing their requirements.

Your suggestion of telling them what I intend to do rather than asking them what they will permit is an approach I hadn't thought of and I will do that.  At least I will have a paper trail should it be required in the future. Thank you.

That was exactly my thinking, given that Knaus have demonstrated a lack of understanding of the current situation by not assisting you - a person whose money has helped to support their profits!

I wish you well.

Gordon.

Keep us informed as to how you get on Richard. Fortunately I don't have to address this issue with Knaus unless we are still in the same situation come July - God forbid!

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a sequel to my saga with regard to maintaining the warranty on the van by complying with Knaus's servicing requirements - needless to say Gordon's advice of telling Knaus what I expected rather than asking them for their response - didn't work - or at least I haven't had a response so far (but perhaps I'm impatient!).  However, my dealer - ALV at Tebay - have offered to come and collect the van and bring it back (which they are allowed to do under lockdown because it's 'work') for not a lot more money that it would have cost me in diesel to do the two 300 mile round trips myself. So van will be serviced within the appropriate interval - warranty therefore maintained - and I'm a happy womble!

• Thanks 1

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695

Richard,

My point about stating that you would only deliver the caravan if it is permitted legally was to ensure that Knaus were aware that you were not deliberately choosing to ignore their requirements for service, neither had you forgotten. Whether they respond or not was of no consequence as they would not be able to deny knowledge of your reasons in the event of a claim.

As it is, it sounds like you have resolved the problem by the dealer collecting your caravan for you.

Glad you're a "happy womble".

Gordon.