Well there went our few days away!

So Bristol and North Somerset are lowered to tier 2, meanwhile us in South Glos are stuck in tier 3!
Why?Rates are low. We share the same hospitals ! I Some areas one side of the road is in South Glos. The other side is in Bristol!

Some one somewhere has seriously lost the plot!

We can’t go away as we intended for a few nights either!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does that not depend on what tier you are travelling from / to  To be honest your post just sums up the I'm all right Jack attitude I've got what I need stuff you lot. When my/if my neighbor comes

I think your response is emotional and unduly harsh. Many people like me are trying to still live a life, working in a higher risk area I take extra care each day (more than most I observe ) but when

It would appear to me that the general public have had nothing to do with the spread of the virus.  It's been Boris and his henchmen/women going around the UK sprinkling it in communities for devilmen

We in Manchester are also right down.  Much, much lower than London.  Seems the Government doesn't know that England does extend north of Watford Gap.  

Awwww...

Sorry to hear that PR 1

Im not far from M32 so in tier 2 now.

As were not going away yet.....Im happy to swap with you m8 so you can have a nice break.👍👍

We have a large house booked with the National Trust at Powis Castle over Christmas. It was booked on 18th Dec last year!

Us two, son his wife and his two children, daughter her hubby and her three children. Three households in total. 

And last night that  nice Mr Drakeford, who just cannot bear to be doing the same as Boris announced at about 5pm  that only two households can be in a Christmas bubble in Wales BY LAW  

So that’s three households Christmas’s totally screwed up !!  We have said we will stay at home so the cousins can all meet up. 

I cannot put into print my feelings towards a politician that agrees to a certain course of action, with all other national leaders, to cover all 4 home nations, then plays silly boy politics with less than a week to go!  Shameful behaviour.

The daft part is if the two households were 15 people it would be allowed, but three households with a total of 11 is not allowed. I bet the odds on him getting re-elected in the future are pretty rubbish now ! 

41 minutes ago, PR1 said:

So Bristol and North Somerset are lowered to tier 2, meanwhile us in South Glos are stuck in tier 3!
Why?Rates are low. We share the same hospitals ! I Some areas one side of the road is in South Glos. The other side is in Bristol!

I think you can still go away, as long as you abide by Tier 3 rules at your destination or bubble. Who is going to check if you are in your caravan??

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

My son was booked next week on a C&CC site in tier 2 when he lives in tier3.

He rang the site and they said they would turn him away if he came so they refunded his deposit.

We have just cancelled our annual trip to CMC Wharfedale site from 28 December for over New Year- so frustrated. All because we are stuck in Tier 3 in Manchester even though the infection rates are on a par with the UK average!

Hoping we get away in February to Meathorp Hall all things being well but not holding my breath

The govt makes rules and we have to stick to them. The logic is to reduce infections but we know that over Xmas the infection rate will increase. 

It is bound to seriously affect people but not us as we would not dream of leaving home. 

We have to reduce the infection spread or this will carry on for months. I feel sorry for you all. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

16 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

We have a large house booked with the National Trust at Powis Castle over Christmas. It was booked on 18th Dec last year!

Us two, son his wife and his two children, daughter her hubby and her three children. Three households in total. 

And last night that  nice Mr Drakeford, who just cannot bear to be doing the same as Boris announced at about 5pm  that only two households can be in a Christmas bubble in Wales BY LAW  

So that’s three households Christmas’s totally screwed up !!  We have said we will stay at home so the cousins can all meet up. 

I cannot put into print my feelings towards a politician that agrees to a certain course of action, with all other national leaders, to cover all 4 home nations, then plays silly boy politics with less than a week to go!  Shameful behaviour.

The daft part is if the two households were 15 people it would be allowed, but three households with a total of 11 is not allowed. I bet the odds on him getting re-elected in the future are pretty rubbish now ! 

I think you can still go away, as long as you abide by Tier 3 rules at your destination or bubble. Who is going to check if you are in your caravan??

Similar has happened to us. We were booked to go to Tavistock 28th for New Year Eve period. We are now not allowed to travel out of Wales from 28th onwards. Mark Drayford is working his retirement notice and wants to be remembered. He will certainly be that all right!  Our bit of Wales is not high but yesterday Wales was told  (we dont have tiers) we are in "Level 4"  whatever that is. 

I don't know what they are doing, would have been easier to say stay at home for Christmas. Its only one day.:angry:

Wales leader has definitely not helped, agreeing to one thing then changing his mind.

However it seems numbers in Wales, may be higher than thought due to" IT issues"! That old chestnut!

Hope he is out on his ear next election.

maybe we should not lose sight of the fact that well over 60 000 souls won't be having a Christmas dinner anywhere this year and put things in perspective!

Oh, confused and inept politicians when they are up against it!   Well who would have thought it?:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, PR1 said:

You have to draw the line somewhere. No arguement.

2 hours ago, WispMan said:

The govt makes rules and we have to stick to them. The logic is to reduce infections but we know that over Christmas the infection rate will increase. 

It is bound to seriously affect people but not us as we would not dream of leaving home. 

We have to reduce the infection spread or this will carry on for months. I feel sorry for you all. 

It has carried on for months! 

2 hours ago, BOAC said:

You have to draw the line somewhere. No arguement.

I live & work in South Glos, I work with several lads from Bristol who continued to go on day trips to Devon, Dorset etc & vist friends whilst they were in tier 3, shortly they can legally go out to the pub etc when they go into tier 2, that's what is frustrating & annoying for us staying in tier 3. I understand the need to get the infection rates down but it still sucks !!!!

This will be the first new years Eve for six years as a static caravan owner ( on our 12 months site )...That we have NOT celebrated new year at our caravan !..

This the official letter we've received from out park owners ....( We are in Northumberland tier 3 )

Dear Owner 

Following the latest Government Announcement it has been confirmed  that Northumberland 

will remain in Tier 3. Unfortunately this means that the caravan park has to remain closed 

except for the period from 22 to 28 December 2020. 

The Regulations allow caravan parks and campsites to open on the 22 December to 28 

December for people/owners staying alone, with other members of their household or a 

support bubble.  

However, under the Regulations if you decide you need to form a “Christmas Bubble” you 

can only do so between the 23 and 27 December 2020 with people from no more than three 

households. During this time you can also travel between Tiers throughout the UK. 

For further Government Guidance please visit www.gov.uk  

I hope you all remain safe and well through the Festive Season and wish you all a very 

Happy Christmas and lets look forward to a better 2021. 

Best wishes 

We have been away in the van for Christmas every year for the last 7 years and this year we booked to stay at  Sandringham CMC site, 11 months ago.  However, I could see that we would remain in Tier 3 (East Yorkshire) and with Norfolk being in Tier 2, I could see no sense in travelling to a lower Tier, whatever nonsense the Govt said about Christmas 'bubbles'.  We cancelled about three weeks ago and will be staying at home this year.  Yes, we are disappointed - but this situation needs the 'spirit' of the law to be followed rather than looking for every little loophole that will allow the selfish to do exactly what they want to do.  I think we all know what the outcome of all this Christmas bubble nonsense is going to be and I just hope that I am wrong - but I doubt it.

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695

Standby for basically a return to last years total lockdown in early January. 

I think a telling thing is that Rishi Sunak is extending the furlough scheme until,April, so it’s clear how long the Govt think it’s going to be before things are even half normal. I shudder to think what the long term financial cost will be. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

I shudder to think what the long term financial cost will be. 

I shudder to think about the people who have lost and will lose their jobs and livelihoods, their homes and their children who will be forced into extreme poverty.

It would appear to me that the general public have had nothing to do with the spread of the virus.  It's been Boris and his henchmen/women going around the UK sprinkling it in communities for devilment! Otherwise why does everyone seem to want to blame the government?

11 minutes ago, MalH said:

It would appear to me that the general public have had nothing to do with the spread of the virus.  It's been Boris and his henchmen/women going around the UK sprinkling it in communities for devilment! Otherwise why does everyone seem to want to blame the government?

Because, in this modern age, if anything goes wrong in people’s lives it must be someone else’s fault! If people trip on a road it’s the “ Councils” fault for not checking every mm  of pavement every day, not the pedestrian who was far too engrossed on their phone and not looking where they are walking. Buy a coffee and scald yourself? That’s the  retailers fault for not telling you it was hot!  

Best I have ever seen?  A pair of trousers for my young grandson “Remove from child before washing” :rolleyes: Yes really ! 

1 hour ago, Mr Plodd said:

Because, in this modern age, if anything goes wrong in people’s lives it must be someone else’s fault! If people trip on a road it’s the “ Councils” fault for not checking every mm  of pavement every day, not the pedestrian who was far too engrossed on their phone and not looking where they are walking. Buy a coffee and scald yourself? That’s the  retailers fault for not telling you it was hot!  

Best I have ever seen?  A pair of trousers for my young grandson “Remove from child before washing” :rolleyes: Yes really ! 

A sad example of how we now live in blame and compensation culture !...

(I remember when we used to have some thing called "accidents !")....

17 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Andy, the stupid thing is that Mark Drakeford has said that people can mix over Christmas, but has also said that we in Wales will enter a more stringent lockdown from the 28th December, (apparently because Covid rates are higher than thought due to a computer error). My thoughts are, if the rates are THAT serious, why leave it until the 28th to impose the lockdown? Why not introduce it NOW? We've already decided that we won't be visiting anybody over Christmas, we'll be having Christmas at home on our own. We can celebrate Christmas around Easter if necessary!! (At least we'll hopefully still be alive to celebrate it!)

As far as Mr Drakeford being re-elected, he won't! I believe he is retiring from politics (HOORAH!!) at the next Senedd election. The Welsh labour party might be in trouble though.

1 hour ago, Mr Plodd said:

Of course it's the governments fault !  Treating people as if they are adults who are capable of being responsible for themselves as well as others. 

BTW, you left one out, the lady who brought back a near empty bottle of scotch asking for a refund because it gave her a headache.

3 minutes ago, Townie said:

As far as Mr Drakeford being re-elected, he won't! I believe he is retiring from politics (HOORAH!!) at the next Senedd election. The Welsh labour party might be in trouble though.

The Welsh Senned is a mess isnt it?  Mark Drayford is like a lost soul trying to put up a show of defiance. As a head of a so called government he is a joke but seriously, Wales needs and deserves much better.

18 hours ago, PR1 said:

You can travel legally within your own tier level, for instance when Merseyside was in tier 3, we could travle and stay in the 'van on the Wirral and as far north as Southport., I'm sure there will be sites open within your tier .

12 minutes ago, lunarloopy said:

You can travel legally within your own tier level, for instance when Merseyside was in tier 3, we could travle and stay in the 'van on the Wirral and as far north as Southport., I'm sure there will be sites open within your tier .

This was my point, earlier, about sticking to the 'spirit' of the law/guidance rather than looking for ways around it.  I am sure there are lots of things that are 'possible', but any human interaction is going to increase the rate of infection, no matter how careful you might think you are being.  There is only one way to defeat this virus and it's especially important to adhere to that now that we are so close to having a way out of this situation.

Anyway, I thought that within Tier 3, campsites were supposed to be closed - unless it was your primary place of residence?

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695