Avondale Dart 556/6 2002 for my woodland - first caravan help with operation

Hi All i have bought a avondale dart 556/6 2002 - i have spent the last three nights in it in my woodland. I am having problems as i have no user manual. I have tried some of the links on here to get one but to no avail. Does anyone have a user guide or can advise on setting for fridge to work in gas, how to get the water pump etc working. I attached a generator for mains power, figured out the gas heater, cooker, lights etc but stick on water and fridge mainly.  Thanks in advance for any help Shell

I have moved your post to this, Avondale, section and at the head of this section are pinned topics including where you can download 2001 or 2003 handbooks. 

They are probably very similar. The gas side of your caravan may need servicing after those 18 years. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I am on my phone this evening but will tomorrow get the manuals for you from my desktop. They should download easily enough and then you can print them out. 

But I suspect some gas appliances will need servicing unless serviced recently. Gas appliances in caravans particularly need regular servicing. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

It may well be that this isn't an option ..... But wouldn't you be better staying at home in the warm until you have got the caravan up and running?  Or do you have a friend that will put you up for a week to give you time to get heating etc in place?  Good luck 🍀

Hello Shell657. You mentioned that you have the gas heater and hob working so thats something. A couple of points-

1. Probably located under the kitchen will be some gas isolator taps and one will be for the fridge. Bear in mind that a previous owner may have isolated it because its faulty.

2. I agree with Wispman that some gas appliances in caravans are prone to deteriorate over time, and particularly if they havent been used. Fridges are sometimes never used on gas for years and years.  A rusty or dirty burner box is quite possible. A safety check on the fridge and heater really is neccesary after so long.

3. Look inside the fridge and you will probably see a small round window (about 1" diameter) which enables you to see the flame and even see the egnition spark. 18 years ago fridges had to be lit by holding a flame failure override button down while simultaniously operating the spark, then continue holding the flame failure override button down whilst the sensor heated up, before releasing it. It's very important to waite a few minutes after each attempt so that unburned gas clears away from the combustion box (to avoid an explosion of the excess gas). If you dont get it going have a look for the fridge model number on a little label just inside the fridge, so that you can tell us the make and model number. Starting systems changed according to models over the years.

Edited by Ern

Ern

Here are the lighting instructions for what I believe is the model fitted in your van.   You can check the model number.   Look inside the fridge close to the bottom and see that attached label.   The model number is shown there.

Untitled.png.f65979d1f4217981174ef3428431cd84.png

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

14 hours ago, Shell657 said:

thanks i tried the pinned handbooks but kept getting an error message 

That will be because (as indicated in the heading) their download is restricted to "Approved Members" of Caravan Talk.

Now that you have submitted a post on the forum, our automatic checking of new members will have been completed, so instead of "Registered Member" your profile should now show you as an "Approved Member". Please therefore feel free to download whatever handbooks have been made available to our members.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.