Non essential travel & Motor home.

I doubt it as the younger end of the public have very few or no symptoms. They may never know they have C19 till they go to their grandparents funerals. 

• I agree completely 2

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

4 hours ago, joanie said:

with all these lock downs  rules, can anyone say whether or not these rules are law, do they carry a prison sentence.

By not adhering to the rules you are indeed breaking the law, you would only be given a Fixed Penalty.  The non payment of that penalty would mean you end up in a magistrates court, where they would more than likely increase the fine and add costs.  Prison is very unlikely.

• Thanks 1

I have family in Spain where conditions, cases, deaths and restrictions are similar to ours. 

Except the police seem to have different powers and people are keeping to the rules. They are strictly adhered to, by all accounts. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I had to take my van out last week. 6 miles to get a service or I would have lost the warranty.That is the only time it has moved since April.

• Like 2
  • I do not understand 2
21 hours ago, JanandJay said:

There is no restriction on travel.

As I've seen umpteen vans being towed and MHs out. Last lockdown they were getting stopped left right and centre here

There are restriction on travel. Just because idiots chose to ignore it doesnt make it a free for all

4 hours ago, WispMan said:

I have family in Spain where conditions, cases, deaths and restrictions are similar to ours. 

Except the police seem to have different powers and people are keeping to the rules. They are strictly adhered to, by all accounts. 

thats because the police are respected. In this country we pander to the do gooders and lefty woke brigade who cry at any  attempt to stop them doing what they want even though its against the law or puts others at risk

• I agree completely 1
21 hours ago, charlieboy2608 said:

will  be the group at the front of the que at the hospitals demanding our underpaid and over stretch NHS staff to attend to their needs 1st....grrrr!!!

Of course they will, these folk are entitled folk, entitled to do whatever they want and would insist they are entitled to treatment, expletive deleted 😉

• I do not understand 1
  • I agree completely 1

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

On 29/11/2020 at 10:27, joanie said:

with all these lock downs  rules, can anyone say whether or not these rules are law, 

It takes a bit of trawling through but where the government publications say you "MUST" do something, it will be backed by law but if it says you "SHOULD" do something it is a recommendation, request, guidence or advice.

Since March this year I have been receiving daily updated emils from the government and posting links under GOV-UK - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates for all to read. Where the rules differ from the rules in England, in most cases links have been added with the information I have linked to for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Gordon. 

• Thanks 3

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

On 29/11/2020 at 14:41, WispMan said:

Can't be doing much good then if there numbers are similar to ours.

• I disagree 4
8 hours ago, Gordon said:

It takes a bit of trawling through but where the government publications say you "MUST" do something, it will be backed by law but if it says you "SHOULD" do something it is a recommendation, request, guidence or advice.

Gordon. 

How did you come to that conclusion re 'must' and 'should '  ?

• I do not understand 3

People generally may not be obeying the rules on essential travel, but when it comes to going to work, it seems that people are complying. One of my daughters caught the 8am London Bridge train at her stop in Sussex this morning. Although her office is at home, she makes day visits to several hospitals around the country on a six-week rota. Because of Covid, today’s visit to King’s was her first since March. When she came to see me yesterday she was worried about travelling on the train, because in normal times, after boarding, she walks through several carriages before finding a seat. This was today’s commuter train.   Only three other travellers in the carriage

IMG-20201123-WA0000.jpg.f992ea10017675658ba30cc20c905e69.jpg

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

11 hours ago, SilverSurfer said:

I see somebody has put I do not understand it Mojo to my post. If Gordon is correct and I've no reason to doubt him I believe that this is deliberate confusion by the guidance , that is the reason why I was asking how he came to the conclusion he has.

• I do not understand 2
14 hours ago, SilverSurfer said:

It is the terminology that has been used in the government emails I have been receiving on behalf of Caravan Talk each day since March 2020, and placed as links in the "GOV-UK - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates" sub-forum that I have been keeping updated for CT.

I cannot quote chapter and verse, but I assure you that it is included within those emails, and is the same termanology that is used (for example) in the highway code. when referring to legal obligation, and advice.

I am sure that those with greater legal knowledge than I have, will be able to confirm the meanings of "must" and "should" in legal-speak.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

Gordon is correct in his understanding of the wording. It is common throughout legal matters. It can sometimes be slightly different in that the words might be “shall” (no options has to be done) or can (it’s optional) as in..........

“All motor vehicles shall be fitted with rear fog light but they  can have more than one.

Edited by Mr Plodd
  • Haha 1

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills