Non essential travel & Motor home.

Hi Went along the sea front this afternoon &found around 15Motorhomes parked up--so much for non essential travel.........

motor homes.PNG

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

• Gordon changed the title to Non essential travel & Motor home.

You are a bit short on detail. What tier etc. Personally can't see they are doing anyone any harm compared to say the crowds in Cardiff shopping area yesterday?

David

• Like 1
  • I do not understand 1
  • I disagree 1

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

1 hour ago, macafee2 said:

Were they only doing what you were doing, going to the see front?

macafee2

Yes do tell what you were doing at the seafront OP

• I do not understand 1
3 hours ago, WispMan said:

Where? 

kings parade , wallasey sea front, One m/h had a car on a trailer behind it....

1 hour ago, klyne said:

You are a bit short on detail. What tier etc. Personally can't see they are doing anyone any harm compared to say the crowds in Cardiff shopping area yesterday?

David

today --total lock down.....

1 hour ago, SilverSurfer said:

Yes do tell what you were doing at the seafront OP

Wife is a member of a local church--She does shopping for older church members &as she doesnt drive thats my part--taxi driver .... O.K ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, klyne said:

David

Think you are a bit mixed up --We are total lockdown (see rules on travel) while Wales being a different country is not in lock down (they came out of lockdown a few days ago ) so quite a difference......

• I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 4

There is no restriction on travel.

As I've seen umpteen vans being towed and MHs out. Last lockdown they were getting stopped left right and centre here

• Like 1

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

33 minutes ago, JanandJay said:

There is no restriction on travel.

As I've seen umpteen vans being towed and MHs out. Last lockdown they were getting stopped left right and centre here

Is there not?--

People in England are being told to avoid all non-essential travel as part of a month-long lockdown that came into place on Thursday 5 November

The latest rules mean people in England will have to stay at home, unless they have a specific reason to leave, in a bid to curb the spread of Covid-19.

• I agree completely 4

A friend of ours who lives in this area,  says it’s been like this all year. 

Lunar Zenith Citroen C5 2. 2 HDI Citroen Picasso 1. 6 HDI. , Vauxhall Vectra Design 150 bhp Soon to be, 2014 Sprite Major 4 sr. With ATC.
The Internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever. com

So it would seem that M/H are excempt from the law........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If there is little enforcement then all aspects of any lockdown will remain optional. We have a depleted police force who are not equipped for paramilitary   style enforcement.

If we did then following a phone call by the op to a police hotline a locally based swat team would have arrived in force in less than 10 minutes. They would have then arrested the motorhome occupants & given them a beating for good measure.

The motorhomers suitably battered & bloodied would have then been thrown into a van & transported to the nearest detention centre where they would have languished for at least 3months. Their vehicles would have been seized & sold at auction.

• Haha 4

We in Wales have no restriction on travel within Wales, the police however have the powers to stop anybody suspected of entering Wales for "non-essential" reasons. Yesterday, (28/11/20), police stopped 10 vehicles during random checks around Cardiff including a group from Essex who were taking Christmas presents to family in Cardiff and another group of 9 people who were travelling in convoy to "visit friends in university". These powers were granted following concerns that people from locked down areas of the UK where pubs and bars are closed helped to pack out Cardiff city centres streets last weekend, (as mentioned by klyne in his post above). (Sky news 28/11/20 10:08pm)

Edited by Townie
  • Like 3

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

with all these lock downs  rules, can anyone say whether or not these rules are law, do they carry a prison sentence. I know that the police have some powers, but what exactly is a bit of a mystery. I was told that the 2 m. rule in Wales is law, but looking at the crowds in Cardiff , as already mentioned, how many were arrested.  Has anyone actually  been stopped by the police, I'm not talking about heresay.

Edited by joanie
32 minutes ago, david 1220 said:

So it would seem that M/H are excempt from the law........

This publication - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november#travel

clearly states -  If you live in England, you must stay at home and avoid travel in the UK or overseas, unless for work, education or other legally permitted reasons.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 3

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

My mother lives on the coast and said that last weekend the place was packed and the beach full. They are in  tier three, so some people are taking no notice of the restrictions,

• I do not understand 1
  • I agree completely 3

Hi,Looking at our neighbors its things  as normal..........

2 hours ago, SilverSurfer said:

Perhaps they were on there way to do the shopping and stopped to take a photo 

At least one of them had a car on a trailer-nearest Supermarket is 1/2mile (Morrisons) perhaps they take it in turns ?

• Haha 2

david 1220...

While I appreciate your concerns and frustrations about what other people are doing unfortunately many people will interpret the rules to enable them to do as they wish......just for the record I'm not taking sides just an observation ;-)

These people will be the same ones complaining when they have to wear a mask to the shops, cant book their summer sites due to restrictions and moaning that the pub is closed.

The reason this country still has a high covid rate as opposed to countries like Japan, Denmark etc is we now have a country of spoilt selfish people who have no respect for the law or anyone but themselves

Edited by Marcusp
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • I agree completely 6
6 minutes ago, Marcusp said:

we now have a country of spoilt selfish people who have no respect for the law or anyone but themselves

Agree!   Here's 150 of them at it last night.      https://www.expressandstar.com/news/crime/2020/11/29/bottles-launched-at-police-as-riot-officers-called-to-break-up-illegal-rave/

• Sad 1

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

13 minutes ago, Marcusp said:

we now have a country of spoilt selfish people who have no respect for the law or anyone but themselves

Run by a bunch of lying scheming self serving buffoons,  so, a good match 

• I do not understand 2
  • I disagree 5
  • I agree completely 3

It did make me wonder about the demonstrations in London over the last few days...those same people who are against the vaccination and wearing of masks should they unfortunately be infected by this terrible virus.....will  be the group at the front of the que at the hospitals demanding our underpaid and over stretch NHS staff to attend to their needs 1st....grrrr!!!

• Like 3