Travelling and staying in lower tier areas

On 26/11/2020 at 20:18, ericfield said:

Why this obsessive need to skate along the edge of the rules?

The world won’t end tomorrow if we just stay at home and wait a little longer. The converse may be true.

Totally agree.. Bending the Rules to suit themselves and totally selfish attitude. I know of two Sites who are NOT taking  Bookings from higher tier areas...

• I agree completely 1

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why this obsessive need to skate along the edge of the rules? The world won’t end tomorrow if we just stay at home and wait a little longer. The converse may be true.  

I firmly believe that Boris 'lost' the country when he failed to dismiss Cummings,  up until then it was pretty much United 

What’s crazy is the inability or unpreparedness of large swathes of the British population to accept short term inconvenience and suspension of their freedom of movement to stop the spread of this vir

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, SilverSurfer said:

I see he's turned a swath of the map red, tier 3 coast ro coast across the North and Midlands,  no matter some area's are falling and below the national average.

Like your avatar picture montesa,   is it the Pyrenees?

Indeed he has for England. I don't have a map showing the situation in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.

image.png

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

41 minutes ago, SilverSurfer said:

I see he's turned a swath of the map red, tier 3 coast ro coast across the North and Midlands,  no matter some area's are falling and below the national average.

Like your avatar picture montesa,   is it the Pyrenees?

Thanks, Northern end of the Felbertauerntunnel In Austria at c.5400ft - couldn't resist an outfit pic in July 2015 = happier times. 

M

5 hours ago, HappyTourer said:

If she passed away through her actions, I wonder how many other unfortunate innocents she condemed to follow her.

This is exactly the point ..... So glad that someone is clever enough to see ..... It stops being your decision to act the way you choose when your actions put other people in the community at high risk of losing THEIR lives.   I only wish that all the people bemoaning these regulations could spend half an hour watching people die in Intensive Care, but sadly, even then there will be some saying ..... "It just won't happen to ME, so why should I care?" .  And don't get me on the subject of the daft conspiracy theories floating around ..... The 65 year old dying but telling us that it isn't Covid ..... Covid isn't real but in the meantime, he had managed to infect his wife, daughter, and grandchild ..... But hey, he got his weekly pint.

• I agree completely 4
On 26/11/2020 at 20:29, YorkshireLhasa said:

In the first two weeks of the original lockdown, I was out in the front garden when a neighbour wandered by.  I asked if she needed anything.  "No!  I am 75.  Lived through the war.  No-one is going to tell me that I can't go where I want" .... She carried on to the bus stop.  Another neighbour told me that she had continued to get the bus twice a week into town, and had been going around to her friend's three times a week ..... Until she caught Covid.  Her son is presently selling her house.

At 75,  hardly  lived 'through the war'

• Like 1

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

A significant number of the population will never obey the rules. They know the authorities won’t follow through in the final reckoning, with imposed fines. They aren’t concerned about their contribution to spreading the virus. And the more the virus doesn’t touch them or their circle of friends...the more they think it’s all a fuss over nothing.
They are not listening!

The young man that helps in the garden was telling me yesterday that his younger brother and ‘a mate’ drove to Brighton last weekend (160miles from here ). He said the pubs were open and ‘everything seemed to be normal’ there. 

The longer this goes on, the more leaks will appear in this already creaking ship.

All we can do is ‘be the adults’ and keep  clear of people until Spring.  

Edited by ericfield
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There was a reporter on This Morning in the week, I think her name was India or something like that, anyway she was say that come Christmas she was going to see her Nan and kiss and hug her as she hasn't seen her for months. Just hope she isn't going to her funeral in January.

• Like 1

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

On 28/11/2020 at 08:57, montesa said:

Last weeks 1918 / 19 'Spanish' Flu TV Documentary was very enlightening and a forgotten lesson on basic failings - do watch !

I watched it last night on catch up. Easy to see how governments throughout the world failed to act, (with the exception of Australia). In those days,(early 1918), the flu was transported mainly by troop ships transporting troops from America to the European theatre of war, and from there by troops going home on leave to the rest of the world. Australia was the exception, when they saw the way flu was spreading around the world, the put an exclusion zone around Australia and imposed strict quarantine on anybody entering the country. The program went on to mention how much quicker it could/would travel today with air travel. It could/would spread around the world in 24 hours. These lessons all happened 100 years ago, and STILL governments and more importantly people of today are choosing to ignore a pandemic that claimed between 50 and 100 MILLION lives.

As montes says, DO download and watch this program, it might teach some very important lessons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 1

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

On 28/11/2020 at 18:14, ericfield said:

The young man that helps in the garden was telling me yesterday that his younger brother and ‘a mate’ drove to Brighton last weekend (160miles from here ). He said the pubs were open and ‘everything seemed to be normal’ there. 

Many of the rules (backed with legislation) would be unnecessary if everybody could be trusted to act responsibly.

Sadly that is not the case, hence we are being hit with blanket restrictions that are not necessarily appropriate for all situations. Consequently we are all suffering (often unnecessarily) because of the thoughtless actions of the inconsiderate ones.

• I agree completely 2

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

The rich and famous seem to be leading the pack.  Rita Ora had a birthday party in a restaurant in Notting Hill at the weekend with 30+ there.  Be interesting to see what the police do about it, but a  £1000 fine will be meaningless to her.

• I agree completely 2

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

5 hours ago, MalH said:

The rich and famous seem to be leading the pack.  Rita Ora had a birthday party in a restaurant in Notting Hill at the weekend with 30+ there.  Be interesting to see what the police do about it, but a  £1000 fine will be meaningless to her.

Apparently, she has "voluntarily" paid a fine of £10,000 (!!) and has apologised for her actions saying that it was "an inexcusable error of judgement". Thats alright then. If you can afford it, say sorry, pay the fine and everythings ok again. By the way, Ms Ora launched covid safety merchandise earlier this year which was emblazoned with the logo, "Stop the spread", and her mother just happens to be a nurse. Police were called to the restaurant on Saturday night but "at the time, found no evidence". (Mail Online 30/11/20).  Wonder why she paid the fine then?

Edited by Townie
  • Sad 2

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

Ms Ora is not sorry she arranged the party. She is sorry she got found out. 

Nothing has changed as she knew exactly what the rules were and what she was doing. But great publicity at very little cost to herself. 

Cynical? Moi? 

• I agree completely 2

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

People deliberately flouting the rules should be fined big time AND given a criminal record. Often a criminal record can be a greater deterrent than a monetary penalty, given the potential impact on employability, ability to get insured and to get a loan.

The site I’m talking about has a 12 month license but isn’t residential so not only are owners breaching their license with the company, the company is in breach to the local authority, putting all of us at risk of the site being closed. This seems to be a widespread problem though. . .

As of today, us folk in T2  (and those in T1) are allowed into Wales.  Llandudno looks nice........

Personally I have a new van to pick up from a dealer in the Cotswolds-I live in Essex.

I wont be travelling just because both areas are in T2.

The warranty doesn't start until I accept it and what with the bad weather most people are getting I will stay put until next year.

Hopefully once the vaccine starts being rolled out maybe it might relax the present rules but who knows with this volatile situation.......

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

I'm in North West Leicestershire (Tier 3) but travel to our office in Swindon (Tier 2) every week, although I am officially home based.  I have had to remind some senior people at work of the Tier system a few times in the space of a few days........

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

7 hours ago, David 38 said:

Crazy, the police stopping people going about there lawful business. 

• I disagree 5
28 minutes ago, SilverSurfer said:

Crazy, the police stopping people going about there lawful business. 

What’s crazy is the inability or unpreparedness of large swathes of the British population to accept short term inconvenience and suspension of their freedom of movement to stop the spread of this virus. If it wasn’t so serious it would be laughable.

Interesting numbers coming out of Spain. Since they made wearing masks obligatory everywhere they have seen infection rates and deaths drop to less than half of the UK, France and Italy.......where its absolutely unthinkable to infringe civil liberties and enforce mask wearing.

• I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 5

Today I was shocked to see someone I know put several pictures of himself ,wife,enjoying a long weekend at Warners hotel in Hungerford, because,his home is in the valleys of Wales!

I have checked it out,it’s true! I cannot believe Warner’s are open,I checked,it’s true!, Ice rink,several shows on and every thing almost normal.

Theres us staying at home! Are we the bonkers ones?

14 minutes ago, Pheasant said:

I cannot believe Warner’s are open,I checked,it’s true!,

Theres us staying at home! Are we the bonkers ones?

Why not?  Travel from Wales to non-tier 3 areas is permitted, albeit not encouraged https://gov.wales/coronavirus-regulations-guidance#section-46349

Warner's Littlecote House Hotel is in Tier2 so permitted to be open.  They are asking guests from Tier 3 areas to cancel without charge.  Face coverings are required in public spaces.  They are running at much-reduced capacity so tables can be spaced apart, and fewer guests mean lower profits. 

They have timed bookings for breakfast and evening meals to ease the pressure on the waiting staff and minimise any queuing.

100% table service no bars, no buffet meals.  Entertainment is either recorded or well-distanced to protect the guests. 

Access to site is later than normal and similarly you have to leave site on the last day.  (Previously you were welcome to stay and use things / have lunch etc.,.)

Similarly they've made alterations to things like the swimming and other activities to make them safer with no off-site visitors permitted.

Lots of cleaning being done and sanitisers available (more than usual).

Dining tables are limited to one household/bubble indoors and the rule of six applies outdoors. Alcohol is available with a substantial meal and government guidelines also permit us to serve alcoholic drinks during the live shows. Last orders are at 9.45pm but our public spaces are open until 11pm so there’s no hurry to finish drinks and conversations.

We went to one in August to see the excellent Pink Floyd Experience and other tribute entertainers on a "Festival Weekend".  Had a good time, but it was very different to the normal...

These leisure industries need to make hay while the sun shines - what little there is, currently, if we want them to survive.

Next thing is you'll be surprised the Clubs have re-opened their caravan sites!

• Like 4

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.