Travelling and staying in lower tier areas

We’re booked to travel and stay within our our tier level for a few days.  I cannot see sites vetting and turning away those that have or are going to ignore the rules. 

I’ll call them tomorrow find out how they are vetting those travelling from higher tiers. 

interesting situation 

beebs 

<p>Live for the weekend!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why this obsessive need to skate along the edge of the rules? The world won’t end tomorrow if we just stay at home and wait a little longer. The converse may be true.  

I firmly believe that Boris 'lost' the country when he failed to dismiss Cummings,  up until then it was pretty much United 

What’s crazy is the inability or unpreparedness of large swathes of the British population to accept short term inconvenience and suspension of their freedom of movement to stop the spread of this vir

Posted Images

I can't see sites taking any notice of the tier system unless you point it out to them that you live in a high tier area.

However, I can imagine some coppers being assigned to do some spot checks near the boundaries.

It's not their responsibility, any more than to check your car is insured.

Both are jobs for the Police.

Edited by daveat92
  • I do not understand 2
  • I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 1

When the first lockdown was lifted all van sites had to, or should have, asked questions ref. area coming from, i.e. post code, any contact with anyone with Covid etc. and keep a log which could be examined by the local council if required, with punitive penalties for the site owner if there were any failings by the site owner, the ultimate being having the site shut down.

The rules are derived from  combination of local councils, the Welsh government, the NHS and local health service decisions.

That some site owners may not, or do not enforce them, or that some van owners would give false information is a distinct possibility and just shows the crass stupidity of such folk with the same mentality as those who have and do break the Covid rules, chancing their arm because the risk of getting caught is minimal.

So contrary to some ' beliefs ', the site owners and employees have the responsibility and are legally bound to check visitors and maintain a log of who they are, address, phone number, etc. be it holiday makers, workmen or visitors.

The Covid addition to my site's T&C's which I feel that all UK sites would have similar rules.

NHS TRACK AND TRACE

It is a legal obligation on park owners to keep a temporary record of exactly who is on the park at any given time. Caravan owners to inform the park owners the following by email to:

################
I. When staying in the caravan and who is in your party. Names, dates, arrival times and contact details.
II. Contractors to the caravan. Names, dates, arrival times and contact details.
III. On departure inform the park owners that no one has display any covid-19 symptoms while staying on the park.
IV. When the time is right for family members and visitors to visit, for the day or to stay over, you will need to remind them of our park rules and for you to register their details with us (by e mail) for the purposes of “Track and Trace”.

• Thanks 1

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

In the first two weeks of the original lockdown, I was out in the front garden when a neighbour wandered by.  I asked if she needed anything.  "No!  I am 75.  Lived through the war.  No-one is going to tell me that I can't go where I want" .... She carried on to the bus stop.  Another neighbour told me that she had continued to get the bus twice a week into town, and had been going around to her friend's three times a week ..... Until she caught Covid.  Her son is presently selling her house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • I do not understand 1
  • Sad 2
28 minutes ago, weekender said:

CMC sites reopen from December 2 except those in tier 3 not sure if this is a good idea?

I think technically they are open only for arrivals of people who have already booked for the 3rd onwards but I may be wrong.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

I fully expect there to be an increase of covid cases after the 5 day relaxation. I have not seen my son for over a year or my daughter for some 9 months. I'd love to see them particularly as my daughter has just had a baby.

Should I travel to see them? No! Neither of us are suffering mentally, as I am sure some are with the lack of human interaction.

Perhaps those of us that can cope with not seeing family or going on holiday should do so and stay home. Let those suffering mentally travel in the hope it helps them. Let us not be responsible for the spread of this infection.

We may not like lockdown but if we keep having lockdowns because we cannot be responsible, will it ever end?

It is not always someone else fault!

macafee2

• Like 4
  • I agree completely 2
6 minutes ago, Woodentop said:

I think technically they are open only for arrivals of people who have already booked for the 3rd onwards but I may be wrong.

I received an email the CMC this evening and all sites in Tier 3 will remain closed.

COPY

Very High Risk Tier 3

Unfortunately, we do have a number of campsites that are located in regions which are designated as Very High Risk Tier 3 from 2 December. Under the latest guidance, these sites will remain closed and no new bookings can be taken from members who reside inside or outside the region until it is no longer designated as Tier 3.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Agree with macafee2.

We've been deemed tier3 as have our 2 sons, their families and our 7 grandchildren.   We don't have any close relatives within 100 miles so Christmas will be a stay at home one. 

We could break the rules but that would be anarchy at best, irresponsible by any stretch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 2

Our van went up on axle stands at the start of second lockdown and will stay like that until we review what’s happing around March next year so if sites are  open or closed it will be of no interest to us . 
  I do think if you have/want to travel staying in your own unit with facilities and be self contained is probably quite a safe way and the least invasive to others.

• Like 2
  • I agree completely 1

Am on the list to be one of the first to get "The Jab" but I won't be going out and about caravanning until a lot more people have protection.  

Our static is on a site that is in tier 2. Although we’ve received an email saying the park will reopen on 2 December, there’s no acknowledgement that many of their owners live in what has become tier 3 so can’t be allowed to stay (except over the Christmas period). All they ask is that we tell them when we’re going to be on site, for the NHS track and trace service. Don’t they have a responsibility to ensure those in tier 3 don’t come on site? 

• I disagree 1

Hi Sueca, this is taken off the gov.uk site

"avoid travelling to other parts of the UK, including for overnight stays other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities. You can travel through other areas as part of a longer journey" Un quote

Seems pretty clear to me, sorry.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-restriction-tiers-what-you-need-to-know#very-high-alert

Doosan

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Yes, know that but let me give you a for instance. Some people have lived on site for over a year, having given their permanent home address as elsewhere. Their real home is in tier 3 and less than 20 minutes away. During the first lockdown they were allowed to live on site as they were shielding. This time, the park pointed out everyone would be expected  to return to the address on file. Who/what’s to stop them returning to what they see as “home”,ie the caravan?

6 hours ago, Sueca said:

Yes, know that but let me give you a for instance. Some people have lived on site for over a year, having given their permanent home address as elsewhere. Their real home is in tier 3 and less than 20 minutes away. During the first lockdown they were allowed to live on site as they were shielding. This time, the park pointed out everyone would be expected  to return to the address on file. Who/what’s to stop them returning to what they see as “home”,ie the caravan?

Does this site have a 12 month licence to make it residential?  Or are they already breaking the planning regulations by allowing people to live there over a year? 

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

22 hours ago, weekender said:

Our van went up on axle stands at the start of second lockdown and will stay like that until we review what’s happing around March next year so if sites are  open or closed it will be of no interest to us . 
  I do think if you have/want to travel staying in your own unit with facilities and be self contained is probably quite a safe way and the least invasive to others.

What a sensible post, but tier 3s can go on holiday by plane !! should have kept site's in tier 3 open 

23 hours ago, YorkshireLhasa said:

In the first two weeks of the original lockdown, I was out in the front garden when a neighbour wandered by.  I asked if she needed anything.  "No!  I am 75.  Lived through the war.  No-one is going to tell me that I can't go where I want" .... She carried on to the bus stop.  Another neighbour told me that she had continued to get the bus twice a week into town, and had been going around to her friend's three times a week ..... Until she caught Covid.  Her son is presently selling her house.

Thing is.. I bet she had no regrets. That is an important point that is often overlooked. It would be interesting were you to ask her son if she had any regrets as I'm sure that attitude applies to many older people. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PaulR said:

Thing is.. I bet she had no regrets. That is an important point that is often overlooked. It would be interesting were you to ask her son if she had any regrets as I'm sure that attitude applies to many older people. 

I have been with a few people when they have died ..... All of them talked of regretting opportunities or things that they left unsaid.  As for that lady?  My guess is that faced with a choice of not going into town and seeing friends for a few weeks, and dying probably ten years before her time ..... She would have given up her "freedom" for that precious extra time.

• Like 1

I accept your point, but my comment was made due to experience of my own family members, who clearly said 'what is the point of living any more'. To each there own, as the saying goes. But I supported the lady's personal choice  and at 75yo who is anybody to question her decision .

• Like 1

On 26/11/2020 at 20:29, YorkshireLhasa said:

56 minutes ago, PaulR said:

I supported the lady's personal choice  and at 75yo who is anybody to question her decision .

If she passed away through her actions, I wonder how many other unfortunate innocents she condemed to follow her.

• I agree completely 2

A researcher will reason, while the ignorant argue.

11 hours ago, PaulR said:

Tend to agree with you,  so the week before lockdown it was perfectly safe?  If Boris had took the advice and lockdown a week before how many more lives would have been saved, same as lockdown 2,  late again,  oh dear Mr ditherer.

Personally I take my own advice and just don't have any faith in a word that comes out of his mouth, I stopped going to the pub one night a week about a month before the tighter measures because I saw the way things were heading.

My dad is 91 and does his own shopping,  his choice so I understand that  lady's mindset.

• I agree completely 1

fwiw ....

Last weeks 1918 / 19 'Spanish' Flu TV Documentary was very enlightening and a forgotten lesson on basic failings - do watch !

Lots of new rules again - am in West Yorkshire so Tier 3 - will adhere & comply.

As I understand Tier 3s should not leave their area / stop elsewhere regardless or Travel unless for a listed exceptions. 

Some will read the new Rules & follow fully, some will adapt or adjust to suit needs & circumstances, but some will just ignore.

I doubt again there will be any formal prosecutions though - one of the pandemics biggest issues is lack of even basic enforcement.

M

Edited by montesa

I see he's turned a swath of the map red, tier 3 coast ro coast across the North and Midlands,  no matter some area's are falling and below the national average.

Like your avatar picture montesa,   is it the Pyrenees?