Service pitch, is this what I need?

Pembssurfer

Ok so I have a booked service pitch coming up this weekend for first time ever and have just bought one of these and 6m of 28.5mm drain pipe..  is there anything else I need? I’m staying at Brecon Beacons club site, stay here loads  , no idea on whether the mains attachment is make or female tap plug.

Check this out: Care-avan Water Mains Kit for Aquaroll 40 ltr with 10 Mtr F... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XW68LV2/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_awdb_imm_t1_1FsVFbYMH4CGG

Yes one of these is ideal! Also available from caravan dealers and ebay so shop around!

Be aware that the hose and waste lengths required are very variable, depending on the site(s) you go to, where the tap and drain is located on (or near) the pitch you choose and where the inlet/outlets are on your caravan.

10m of supply is probably OK for most pitches, but may be too short on others.

Some share water and waste stations in-between two pitches so you may find you're 'wrong handed'.

I have an extra water hose extension, and will get more rigid push-fit 32mm waste pipe when I need more than I currently carry with me.

Something to ensure a consistent fall from the caravan outlets to the drain may be useful?  I hated having coiled waste full of water to contend with when packing up, so now use rigid 32mm household waste pipe.  I've been on some where the drain is higher than the pitch ground and only a tad lower than the caravan outlet. (CMC Cromer you know I mean you!).

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

You would do well to get yourself a double tap fitting so that you can draw fresh water from the tap without it going through the barrel and without having to disconnect the hose.

Something like this eBay item number - 293697517258

It also has the advantage that you can use the unconnected tap to release pressure in the hose after you have turned the supply tap off. If you don't the you will not only have difficulty releasing the hose connectors due to the remnant pressure but when you do water will fly everywhere and you will get wet! Yes, I know you can rock the barrel so that the float valve does the job for you - but its darn easy to forget!

I would advise against using Hozelock or Gardena adapters as there is some suggestion that there may be carcinogens in the materials used for colouring the plastic. They are a very good product for the garden but I am told not for drinking water.

Also get yourself a back-to-back adapter (male) of the same type - plastic will do this time - so that you can plug the hose ends together to avoid any remnant water getting out.

Finally, if you are intending to use the hose in cold weather think of disconnecting the hose overnight so it doesn't freeze up, and get a muffler for the Aquaroll to stop it freezing too. Fill you kettle the night before so that you can boil it and pour the water on the supply tap as that will freeze up as well (been there, done that, got the.....etc.)

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

2 hours ago, Woodentop said:

!

I would advise against using Hozelock or Gardena adapters as there is some suggestion that there may be carcinogens in the materials used for colouring the plastic. They are a very good product for the garden but I am told not for drinking water.

Oh for heavens sake man :rolleyes:

For a couple of weeks a year the amount of any such product might leach out into the water supply is going to be totally insignificant. 

The possible risk is a very long way down my list of risky things!!

I have used a standard garden hose to fill up Motorhome onboard tanks and aquarolls for years now and haven’t grown webbed fingers or a second head.

• Haha 3
  • I disagree 2
  • I agree completely 1

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

You will also need waste pipe. You can purchase grey convoluted pipe, or sink waste or the new Colapz sectional waste piping, (It's expensive but very good). Your water pitch supply Tap may not have a threaded end, so you may need an array of connectors to cover all eventualities.

Swift Elegance 480, towed by a Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian X series 6.