Not seen this before!

A super serviced pitch ??? 

D2BBDB40-CEBC-4F7A-9E53-791B0AA96580.png

• Like 1

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Hi Andy, how the heck does that work, solids won't go down that pipe or is it for something else? 

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

I did wonder that myself!!

The only conclusion I could come to was “Macerator” 

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

Andy, looking at the background, it looks like it's pitched upon a landfill site so he may have tapped into a free methane gas supply. 😉

• Haha 2

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

Rechargeable food mixer? The one with a soup blender?

• Haha 1

Ern

I assume there is a saniflow in there, I have seen it before on seasonal pitches. 

Mercedes E350 CDi AMG Cabriolet, Lunar Freelander 640EW Twin Axle @1700kg

********* Naughty Step Aficionado And Grand Collector Of Naughty Points *********

OK, I fess up, this wasn’t on a campsite, it was on a building site as accommodation for the owner!

• Like 1

Whatever it is, the  fact that the pipework has to be lashed down with a couple of turns of well knotted bailing twine, doesn't bode well for next doors awning, if it lets go, after the pipe van owners have had an evening of,  a great Phaal curry, with copious side dishes of  chana and onion dhal and a stack of onion bhajis, washed down with a gallon of Guinness. 😱🤢😁

• Haha 1

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

I will admit the ones I have seen were a bit more professionally adapted. It struck me as a good idea, in principle but you would be stuck to pitches that offer a suitable facility, I doubt it would be easy if possible at all to go back. 

********* Naughty Step Aficionado And Grand Collector Of Naughty Points *********

45 minutes ago, Doosan said:

Hi Andy, how the heck does that work, solids won't go down that pipe or is it for something else? 

You're obviously not old enough to remember the larger Co-op stores, where a large solid container with money in went whhhooosshhing  up a pipe to who knows where, only to re-appear a moment or two later with your receipt, change and a note of your divi. 👴🤭

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Silversurf said:

You're obviously not old enough to remember the larger Co-op stores, where a large solid container with money in went whhhooosshhing  up a pipe to who knows where, only to re-appear a moment or two later with your receipt, change and a note of your divi. 👴🤭

Oh the good old days.... 

• Like 2

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

I worked with one of those briefly, and they are still used in some shops to transfer large denomination notes to the cash office. 

21 hours ago, Silversurf said:

You're obviously not old enough to remember the larger Co-op stores, where a large solid container with money in went whhhooosshhing  up a pipe 🤭

The supermarkets belonging to the Spanish Mercadonna chain use a similar system still.   The cashiers on the checkouts every so often remove a quantity of higher denomination Euro notes from their tills, roll them up and put them into a twist-to-open container.    The containers are placed through a spring loaded flap into a long tube  above the checkout where they are presumably whisked away to the accounts department.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

I remember going with my Mum to the "International Stores" in Worcester as a kid back in the late 1940's (maybe 1950) and seeing them in use. 

Vin Blanc

It is sometimes better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to speak out and have it proven!

Frontera 3. 2L V6 4x4 tugging Compass Magnum Classic 540 (quite easily!)

Tripod mounted 57cm "Arcon Multi" prime focus dish - Humax Foxsat HD Recorder.

There is still one in use in our local Sainsbury's, although it is strictly one way, for sending banknotes to the security office. I suspect that many branch's have them.

On 23/11/2020 at 22:25, Silversurf said:

As I recall from my GPO days, the pipe worked on a vacuum system which sucked the money container through the tube when operated.

I think some Post Offices must have had them which would be why I (as a technician) was sent to replace the failed electric motor that powered the vacuum, it all worked rather like like a powerful Hoover.

Vin Blanc 

It is sometimes better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to speak out and have it proven!

Frontera 3. 2L V6 4x4 tugging Compass Magnum Classic 540 (quite easily!)

Tripod mounted 57cm "Arcon Multi" prime focus dish - Humax Foxsat HD Recorder.

I remember the vacuum pipes being used in shops.

You handed your money to the sales assistant, who sent it, together with the sales note, off to the remotely located cashier (obviously elsewhere in the same building) who had access to the till, and who then sent back any change plus the receipt.

How times have changed.

Edited by daveat92

An even older mechanism for cash movement which I remember in a general store as a boy was a wire system. Containers were sent between stations on a wire propelled either by gravity or an initial shove from a compressed spring.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

22 minutes ago, KnausCol said:

An even older mechanism for cash movement which I remember in a general store as a boy was a wire system. Containers were sent between stations on a wire propelled either by gravity or an initial shove from a compressed spring.

I remember this system as well. My mum would take my brother and my self to Gamages in Holborn, London and I'm pretty sure they had this system.

image.png.8236dfedb0a3d0bfc1823892bde6fd15.png

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

58 minutes ago, Doosan said:

I remember this system as well. My mum would take my brother and my self to Gamages in Holborn, London and I'm pretty sure they had this system.

image.png.8236dfedb0a3d0bfc1823892bde6fd15.png

I never visited Gamages, but do recall seeing similar systems and thought they were great!

Oh my god Gamages that use to be our Christmas treat go and visit father Christmas, board the bus from east ham to holborn it was a lovely day out thanks for reminding me of the lovely childhood memories shame the children now will never be able to do this .The other shop was Hamleys the toy shop in regent street  which i believe is still there fantastic times no money but  who cared.

regards Martin