Hi

If got a Bailey patent 1999 and am looking for the size of the waste convulute pipe that runs from the sink to the back  diameter ??

Regards

Ron

Many people replace these pipe runs with domestic plastic waste pipe, This might be an alternative option for you?

The sink will drain better and less chance of blockages and odours.

Best to measure it / get a sample from the caravan to be certain. 

20 years later a lot of bits may not be to the original specification.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

I agree with both replies above. If you get the domestic stuff (probably 32mm solvent is your best bet) its much cheaper than the leisure industry 28mm at rip off prices. 

Ern

3 minutes ago, Ern said:

I agree with both replies above. If you get the domestic stuff (probably 32mm solvent is your best bet) its much cheaper than the leisure industry 28mm at rip off prices. 

Earlier vans had a smaller diameter than 28 mm so measuring is critical.

I think I have some old pipe in the shed - when it's light tomorrow morning I will go and have a look for you and measure the diameter. Which type you have , I cannot help though  -sorry.

Edited by Fenester

If worked out the size it's 20mm 

No point in upgrading to 28.3 as would need to adapt the sink apiture and rebore the flooring in van then upgrade the fixing clips Easy to replace like for like,

Always work the problem for the easy solution

R

2 minutes ago, chris007 said:

No point in upgrading to 28.3 as would need to adapt the sink apiture and rebore the flooring in van then upgrade the fixing clips Easy to replace like for like,

Always work the problem for the easy solution

R

If you know the diameter then I don't need to measure the old pipe for you? Is that OK.

From memory 20 mm sounds about right.

The old pipes used to block easily though.

• Thanks 1

I agree that a 99 van would be 20mm not the modern 28mm. 20mm is 3/4in in old money ANADITS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

11 minutes ago, Fenester said:

If you know the diameter then I don't need to measure the old pipe for you? Is that OK.

From memory 20 mm sounds about right.

The old pipes used to block easily though.

Also found the pipe on Bay and Amazon so will order it and get it fitted after lockdown,,,

Always work the problem for the easy solution also found the pipe on eBay and Amazon so will order it up and fit after lockdown

Thanks for you Info

All the best from Edinburgh

Alba guy Bra

Mac