I think it will be up to the citizens of the various countries to decide what is best for themselves and not to listen to the governments as to what they can get away with. We're so close to a vaccine now, it's not worth throwing it all away for the sake of one day. (My opinion of course).

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think its a good idea to have a lock down over Christmas in the hope it does reduce the pandemic, and because I dislike Christmas. Given the choice I would far rather be in the van on a deserted CL

Our MH has not been used for a trip away since the NEC show last Februrary and sadly the way things currrently stand it's unlikely to be used in the forseeable future. We all need to take the current

Well looks like the majority of us agree lets stay in lockdown so covidididiots take note THIS MEANS YOU .   Martin

Posted Images

Those that ignored advice given before Christmas will ignore it over Christmas and continue to ignore it after. :angry:

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

Do you mean the DUK?

The Dis-United Kingdom?

Don't worry, the UK will cease to exist before long anyway, once Scotland declares Unilateral Independence, and the Welsh will follow not long after. The Northern Irish will take a bit longer to follow, but I anticipate they will, particularly once the reality of Brexit hits home.

If you guys dont mind I will keep my glass half full and hope for happier healthier days rather than doom, gloom and despondency :lol::rolleyes::P:Thankyou:

2018 Volvo XC60  D4 AWD + Penshurst Premier Plus (AKA Elddis Affinity 550)

That the leaders of these communities are talking about it is good. Would it be too much to ask that just fo once, we say we are pleased that they are talking about it? No. Its much easier to have a little poke. I agree with Jacko1, and Townie. 

Ern

I agree, they should put politics aside and work together and get past the the pandemic. Then get the country up and running properly.

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

42 minutes ago, daveat92 said:

The Northern Irish will take a bit longer to follow,....

Is that solvable?

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

39 minutes ago, daveat92 said:

Don't worry, the UK will cease to exist before long anyway, once Scotland declares Unilateral Independence, and the Welsh will follow not long after.

Just as a precaution I will renew my passport then.

I wonder if the powers that be will duristict country stickers for vehicles. I wonder what letter(s) Wales will be? :D

6 minutes ago, BOAC said:

I wonder if the powers that be will duristict country stickers for vehicles. I wonder what letter(s) Wales will be? :D

Probably a 'V'

Welsh will have a red one and the Scots a blue.

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

People really need to grasp that if the disease is to be defeated good practice is FAR more important than regulations.

Avoiding all unnecessary social contact.

If it can't be avoided, washing/sanitizing hands, social distancing, masks if social distancing cannot be done,

etc. Precise details of regulations and, worse still, easing of regulations DO NOT help stop the spread!

5 minutes ago, Stevan said:

People really need to grasp that if the disease is to be defeated good practice is FAR more important than regulations.

If it can't be avoided, washing/sanitizing hands, social distancing, masks if social distancing cannot be done,

etc. Precise details of regulations and, worse still, easing of regulations DO NOT help stop the spread!

Come on Stevan, stop spreading common sense. 😉 

Edited by ericfield
9 minutes ago, Stevan said:

But surely you are aware that the Virus is taking 5 days off over Christmas so we can all enjoy it.  At least, I think that is the assumption of the people making this decision. 😉😉

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

Don't think we've got much chance of people upholding the regulations at Christmas when we've got morons like the ones in Basildon, Essex yesterday where police arrested 12 idiots for breach of Covid restrictions, (or Corona-fascist regulations as these imbeciles call them). They then have the gall to call the police fascists because they were "peacefully protesting". Hope all their houses were robbed while the police were dealing with their tantrums. Every single one of them should have "do not treat for Covid" tattooed on their foreheads and should not be given the vaccine if/when it becomes available.

7 minutes ago, Townie said:

Don't think we've got much chance of people upholding the regulations at Christmas when we've got morons like the ones in Basildon, Essex yesterday where police arrested 12 idiots for breach of Covid restrictions, (or Corona-fascist regulations as these imbeciles call them). They then have the gall to call the police fascists because they were "peacefully protesting". Hope all their houses were robbed while the police were dealing with their tantrums. Every single one of them should have "do not treat for Covid" tattooed on their foreheads and should not be given the vaccine if/when it becomes available.

Out fo a population of around 68 million a few are misbehaving - probably around the same percentage are grumbling about those not sticking to the rules ... but it seems much more.  

24 minutes ago, Townie said:

I dont know why you dont speak up and say what you think Townie! :D 

Ern

2 minutes ago, Ern said:

I dont know why you dont speak up and say what you think Townie! :D 

Probably get arrested!

15 minutes ago, Pheasant said:

Probably get arrested!

No chance of that. The police are too busy dealing with moronic "protesters". (fingers crossed).

Allowing family get together will cause massive jams on the roads, . Shops will be worse than usual at the end of lockdown:angry:.

We should accept that just once it has to be a quiet Christmas. Decent vaccines are on the horizon so put up with it.

II have every sympathy for retailers and hospitality  industry who are suffering.

Unfortunately  as we have seen, a fair few individuals will not obey the rules.

Do they want to give someone Covid for Christmas? (Possibly resulting in a stay in hospital or worse!)

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

On 21/11/2020 at 00:41, BOAC said:

I think its a good idea to have a lock down over Christmas in the hope it does reduce the pandemic, and because I dislike Christmas. Given the choice I would far rather be in the van on a deserted CL chewing on humbugs. :rolleyes::D

Sorry - run out of cards and I do not plan to buy any more.

Here you are Sir-- (Scottish)humbugs..........

Dave

Humbugs.PNG

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

On 21/11/2020 at 22:35, BOAC said:

Some people might think so however I do not so long as you both wear masks - maintain recommended distance away from one another and no phyical contact. That is my opinion though.

Not when she's virtually blind and deaf as well.  So its ok for all people who can meet up and have Christmas day, they can hug and kiss, but I can't do so to my own mother?

5 hours ago, 664DaveS said:

Allowing family get together will cause massive jams on the roads, . Shops will be worse than usual at the end of lockdown:angry:.

We have always had to travel to Leeds on Christmas day to visit relatives and I have found the roads on that day are very quiet so I would not think this year will be different. However, Boxing day was always bad due to shops opening for sales and possibly sports fixtures.

On the BBC radio 2 Jeremy Vine show they discussed the shops in Ireland today which have opened after a lockdown but only for a week before another starts. Apparently it was very busy with everyone trying to get their Christmas shopping done over the weekend.

Boris in his daily briefing today put it nicely saying this Christmas is the time to be jolly careful.

Edited by Paul1957
2 hours ago, joanie said:

Babs,   have you heard anything about these visitor pods that are building for the people in the old folks home to to be able to see their family ?

Not heard anything as yet.  During the year, the care home would only allow one member of the family, as they screened them for potential virus, and they could only visit once a month.  My older brother did the visiting as my mum is particular about her clothes, so my sister-in-law would do her washing and bring the clean clothes back.  Both my brothers live close to the care home, whereas I live nearly 30 miles away.  Don't know how they do the meeting, I think it was in a room with a sheet of plastic in between family and residents.  I'll wait and see what happens nearer to Christmas