As it is a possability though not very likely, that we could be in lockdown over Christmas  how many people think this would be a good thing to rid us of this damn pandemic answers on a Christmas card please .

Martin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think its a good idea to have a lock down over Christmas in the hope it does reduce the pandemic, and because I dislike Christmas. Given the choice I would far rather be in the van on a deserted CL

Our MH has not been used for a trip away since the NEC show last Februrary and sadly the way things currrently stand it's unlikely to be used in the forseeable future. We all need to take the current

Well looks like the majority of us agree lets stay in lockdown so covidididiots take note THIS MEANS YOU .   Martin

Posted Images

I think its a good idea to have a lock down over Christmas in the hope it does reduce the pandemic, and because I dislike Christmas. Given the choice I would far rather be in the van on a deserted CL chewing on humbugs. :rolleyes::D

Sorry - run out of cards and I do not plan to buy any more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • I agree completely 6

Our MH has not been used for a trip away since the NEC show last Februrary and sadly the way things currrently stand it's unlikely to be used in the forseeable future. We all need to take the current situation seriously by acting responsibly, therefore whatever the rules may be at the time, I would not encourage leaving home over the Christmas period.

• I disagree 2
  • I agree completely 6

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

We were supposed to be spending a week over Christmas down south with one of our sons and family, including our only grandchild, 15 months old.

However, we made the decision a few weeks ago to stay at home this year and not put them, us or anyone else at risk, regardless of what the rules or advice will be.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 3

If you can go away and not mix with anyone what is the problem with going away, say within 1 hours drive?

This means no dining out, no going to the shops (food or others) just going to the site, parking up, perhaps going for a walk as you would at home, going to the waste points then going home.

mentally it will be good, financially some money to site owners. 

We will stay home and hope for freezing conditions and snow and go for a walk while dinner cooks.

macafee2

• I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 5

this is a difficult one as on the one hand people like to celebrate Christmas with their family  and on the other hand there is the risk of spreading  the virus.  There is a greater possibility of a longer lock down after Christmas if we have the 5 day Christmas break that is being talked about. There is a greater chance of the infections increasing if we relax the rules.  For myself I don't think that the rules should be relaxed too much . We need to keep on top of things , the figures are just starting to drop, but not enough to relax the rules. To put it bluntly , if too many people get together, it will be like throwing Granny under the bus. 

• I agree completely 4
25 minutes ago, joanie said:

This is a difficult one as on the one hand people like to celebrate Christmas with their family  and on the other hand there is the risk of spreading  the virus.   To put it bluntly , if too many people get together, it will be like throwing Granny under the bus. 

With respect Joanie, its NOT a difficult one. What people like has to go by the board this Christmas and missing one Christmas once in our lives is no big deal.:rolleyes:

You said there is a risk of spreading the virus and in my opinion that risk is a risk too far. I would far rather be healthy in January rather than possibly in a hospital bed wondering if the three or so hours I spent having a 'normal' Christmas was really worth it.

• I disagree 2
  • I agree completely 3

I would rather have this Christmas without all the family IF it meant they had a chance of keeping healthy and being around for many more Christmas's - my parents are in the 80's bracket and not having them at Christmas will be different but necessary.

• I agree completely 3

personally , it's not difficult for me as my family are key workers so I wont see them at Christmas , but I'm hoping the lock downs and rules are eased a bit for us to meet up before and exchange gifts.   You may ask what's the difference, none I suppose.  We will only meet up with my son, not anyone else. He has cancelled before when he had a cold, so we are being sensible.

fwiw ....

Christmas celebrations, and the holiday period for some, will still happen albeit should only be with immediate bubble.

Giving Gran & Grandad etc presents personally along with a good dose of CV19 seems something to avoid.

So far seems proven the biggest danger to the mature age group is contraction from children and younger Adults who show little or no symptoms, often are un-tested, but wandering around CV19+ & infectious. 

I'd accept a continued on-going higher level of restrictions given this mk2  'lockdown' seems much more vague.

M

1 hour ago, BOAC said:

With respect Joanie, its NOT a difficult one. What people like has to go by the board this Christmas and missing one Christmas once in our lives is no big deal.:rolleyes:

You said there is a risk of spreading the virus and in my opinion that risk is a risk too far. I would far rather be healthy in January rather than possibly in a hospital bed wondering if the three or so hours I spent having a 'normal' Christmas was really worth it.

could be a big deal if it is your last Christmas :)

macafee2

• I agree completely 1
26 minutes ago, junglejim said:

I would rather have this Christmas without all the family IF it meant they had a chance of keeping healthy and being around for many more Christmas's - my parents are in the 80's bracket and not having them at Christmas will be different but necessary.

We are in our 80's and we do not want to be wrapped in cotton wool, we would like our family to treat us as normal.  If we catch it the most likely place will be at the supermarket.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

We've already made plans to have Christmas at home without visiting the rest of the family. It's (hopefully) only for one year as we'll all probably get inoculated during the early part of next year. The main problem will be the "we won't mix with anyone" brigade who will go out, have a few drinks and just have "one hug for Christmas" who will keep the spread of Covid going. I've managed to be sensible since March, no mixing, just visiting my local shops, no touching anyone etc, etc. It will be a shame when the Christmas morons undo all the good work by selfishly continuing the spread of Covid for the sake of one day. 

• I agree completely 2

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

8 minutes ago, David 38 said:

We are in our 80's and we do not want to be wrapped in cotton wool, we would like our family to treat us as normal.  If we catch it the most likely place will be at the supermarket.

You have to remember your family might not like to treat you as normal so don't be too disappointed if they don't.

I am nearly in my 80's and I would like to be wrapped in cotton wool rather than the wasteland that is an intensive care bed. Your choice though.

Why not opt for a Whats App video link instead? Free and for as long as you like.  ;)

Edited by BOAC
  • Like 1
  • I agree completely 2

We are both in our 70s and have not seen our family since February.  We have also not been in a supermarket.

Since there is now a good prospect of a vaccine becoming available, I would rather continue to stay safe until then.  It would be ridiculous to have avoided it this long and then to succumb to the disease when the end is in sight.

• I agree completely 2
3 minutes ago, BOAC said:

You have to remember your family might not like to treat you as normal so don't be too disappointed if they don't.

I am nearly in my 80's and I would like to be wrapped in cotton wool rather than the wasteland that is an intensive care bed. Your choice though.

I spent the best part of a month in the cardiac ward and intensive care last year following my heart attack and bypass surgery. As brilliant as the NHS staff were, I'd rather not have to spend any more time there! They deserve NOT to have to look after a group of people with Covid, simply because SOME Covidiots want to visit their relatives. 

• I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 1

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

9 minutes ago, Cheltenham Caravanner said:

The lockdown will be eased over Christmas.

This will be followed by a huge spike in new cases of Covid in mid January.

H'mm. You could well be right. However,  writing for myself, I will be hopefully filming scenes near the Talyllyn railway over Christmas and sitting in my caravan chewing my humbugs and having a Christmas dinner of scrambled eggs on toast thus avoiding any infection in January. Does anyone know how many millilitres of vodka I should add to the eggs.

My cook books don't mention it at all.:angry:

Edited by BOAC
2 hours ago, BOAC said:

:goodpost:I totally agree just have a quiet Christmas this year. Cannot  be bothered with it much myself.

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

Well my wife as just told me the local part of our family are coming to us on Christmas day for lunch.

Our daughter will do the cooking here as apparently we have the better oven.

• I do not understand 2
  • I disagree 3
  • I agree completely 1

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

It looks like there will be some relaxation over the festive period but just what the limits will be is not clear. Many people have been in lockdown for most of the year and  there is a difficult balancing act between giving some freedom to help prevent mental and other problems and protecting the public from the virus and not overwhelming the NHS and lastly not go bankrupt as a nation.

Being brutal this is a choice with winners and losers on both sides, there is no happy medium. As a nation we have to decide where we set the limits and take the inevitable losses wherever they fall.

I am glad that the decisions are not my responsibility, as whatever is done will be criticised by people who think they know better. You just have to say that the people in charge are making hard decisions with the best of intentions and hope they get it as near right as possible. You can see some of the people aging in front of you as they battle with the conflicting choices they have to make and I think many will be just too weary to go on in the end.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 3
4 hours ago, joanie said:

this is a difficult one as on the one hand people like to celebrate Christmas with their family  and on the other hand there is the risk of spreading  the virus.  There is a greater possibility of a longer lock down after Christmas if we have the 5 day Christmas break that is being talked about. There is a greater chance of the infections increasing if we relax the rules.  For myself I don't think that the rules should be relaxed too much . We need to keep on top of things , the figures are just starting to drop, but not enough to relax the rules. To put it bluntly , if too many people get together, it will be like throwing Granny under the bus. 

You can make as many rules as you like--getting people to observe &obay is another thing......

Dave

• I agree completely 5

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

6 minutes ago, david 1220 said:

You can make as many rules as you like--getting people to observe &obay is another thing......

Dave

People not working to rules now here in the north so certainly not at Christmas.

• Sad 1
  • I agree completely 1

Regards, David

9 minutes ago, david 1220 said:

Dave

it is a small minority of small minded people who are making it bad for the rest of us. Since March  we have had  about 10 weeks out of lock down, in that time we did go out in the van 3 times but kept close to home in case we were ill and had to get home fast.   I do find it near impossible to keep away from folk in supermarkets, but other than that I do my very best to keep to the rules  so why can't these  covidiots do the same.

• I agree completely 2