VAT refund on annual fees for Static Caravans

Message added by CT Advertising,

clesse-320x120.jpg

Message added by CT Advertising,

Prima logo.pngOur supporter Prima Leisure has Caravan Parts/Accessories for Bailey and all other makes of caravan and motorhome. Take a look at their massive range of products.

Well worth a visit!

19 hours ago, Paul1957 said:

Maybe you could ask why the fees excluding VAT have gone up by 15% when inflation is supposed to be about 1%. You might find the council tax part has gone up by 5% but that would only be a small part of the total. Have a look at your contract with the park and see what it says about fee increases, hopefully it will not say they can be increased by whatever the site can extract out of you.

The government were quite clear in saying it was up to the site if they chose to reduce the fees by the VAT reduction and pass the saving on to the caravaner, or chose to keep the end price the same and benefit themselves from the VAT reduction.

Unfortunately some just saw pound notes and kept the benefit, not seeing how it would make the caravaners feel, and as ABI dais has found out they are in a very strong position in that you have to balance the cost of the increase against the loss if you choose to sell up. I would guess the cost of the years fees is a lot less than the losses made should they sell up.

Looking at the bigger picture had COVID not come along,  ABI would have paid the same amount so would not have been out of pocket, but the sting is  they have paid and probably not been able to use the caravan as often as they would have liked.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Here's an interesting article ......I think if enough disgruntled caravan owners complain then maybe ...(...Just maybe .....)....Something may happen ...

I'm NOT holding my breath though ?..

https://theconsumerlawyer.blog/2021/02/06/are-caravan-park-owners-breaching-consumer-protection-laws/

Click this link to sign the petition "Public Inquiry into Unfair Trading Practices of Holiday Caravan Park Owners"

https://petition.parliament.uk/signatures/106784840/verify?token=NixrFWorPoMISQhugyzm

Thanks,
The Petitions team

I wonder what the chance is, due to the present situation,  of some static, touring or mixed sites going to the wall due to no, or limited cash flow, these being bought up, as has been seen recently on CT by larger organisations who then turn the residents off at a moments notice and turn them into far lucrative lodge sites ?

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

Yet another one !

Feelings are definitely running high !

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/legislative-law-for-the-static-caravan-holiday-parks-industry?bucket&source=facebook-share-button&time=1604965628&utm_campaign&utm_medium=socialshare&utm_source=facebook&share=a94535a6-f511-40d9-9c04-0a89959b69a5

2 hours ago, Silversurf said:

I wonder what the chance is, due to the present situation,  of some static, touring or mixed sites going to the wall due to no, or limited cash flow, these being bought up, as has been seen recently on CT by larger organisations who then turn the residents off at a moments notice and turn them into far lucrative lodge sites ?

I don't think smaller parks / sites will suffer too much ....(furloughing etc...obviously helps )...they will do alright I'm sure .....I do remember a few years ago reading that a lot of small park / site owners ....Were selling up to the " Big Boys ". who were trying (successfully in some places).. to corner the market .

50 minutes ago, PeterR said:

I don't think smaller parks / sites will suffer too much ....(furloughing etc...obviously helps )...they will do alright I'm sure .....I do remember a few years ago reading that a lot of small park / site owners ....Were selling up to the " Big Boys ". who were trying (successfully in some places).. to corner the market .

The big boys are still at it.

For smaller sites, even larger ones, furlough is a drop in the ocean, due to being family run with family as staff, or a small number of staff, many of those part time or seasonal.

I know of a couple or so of smaller ones in North Wales who only survived last year due to having other income, farm etc.

So, for some, not at all promising.

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

We have a static on a small family owned site in North Wales and they’ve been very good, they have given us a discount on this years fees, Vat at 5% paid for our water rates and kept our gas and electric at old prices.

It works out that we have had £740 knocked off this years fees, and I’m quite happy with that.

John.

1 hour ago, John1950 said:

We have a static on a small family owned site in North Wales and they’ve been very good, they have given us a discount on this years fees, Vat at 5% paid for our water rates and kept our gas and electric at old prices.

It works out that we have had £740 knocked off this years fees, and I’m quite happy with that.

John.

That's a keeper !!  👍👍👍👍