Jump to content

Will you be having the covid vaccine?


Recommended Posts

Since having the Pfizer Jab I thought all was well, until this week that is.

I have been diagnosed with P.L.D.S.  (Post lock down syndrome)

Symptoms apparently include.

Involuntary loud exclamations when seeing a Caravan or Motor Home on the road.  It can become Cronic identified by being able to name the make and model.

Nightmares about some sort of building called a pub and not being able to actually find one.

Uncontrolled cravings for Beer and Wine, but is must be drunk away from your home address and in the company of strangers.

Changes in taste from foods you normally like to cravings for things like a Big Mac or Kentucky fried chicken.

Sleeplessness and spending hours planning trips away, coupled with a total lack of confidence in actually booking a site, in case we have a Covid outbreak.

Told they will be worse after the 2nd Jab.

No treatment they tell me  Help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No way on this earth would I let them give me this vaccine.    99.7 chance of survival Covid 19  that's good odds.   Danny  

This has not been rushed by the govt. You surely don't believe the govt has any thing to do with the development and testing of this vaccine. It has had normal proper testing that any vaccine has. 

Posted Images

Alan.

 

A reasonable quantity of good quality Gin, with a Fever Tree mixer is a very good treatment for your particular ailment.  The benefit is somewhat transient, but the treatment can be repeated at will.

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Paracetamol would not pass the clinical trials we have in place now. Not sure why people should be so worried about taking Astra Zeneca, when the 'over the counter' drugs are more dangerous.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dave Capiro owner said:

Paracetamol would not pass the clinical trials we have in place now. Not sure why people should be so worried about taking Astra Zeneca, when the 'over the counter' drugs are more dangerous.

 

 


because it doesn’t feed the antivaxers neurosis, obsession or agenda.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

 

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dave Capiro owner said:

Paracetamol would not pass the clinical trials we have in place now. Not sure why people should be so worried about taking Astra Zeneca, when the 'over the counter' drugs are more dangerous.

 

 

I hadn't heard that about Paracetamol before? Is that based on its side effects? I do know a lot of people avoid it or aspirin. I suppose it's a drug we take regularly, rather than a one-off vaccine so we get chance to learn.

 

I think people are right to consider the relative risks of taking something over the benefits it offers without being labelled as antivaxxers (though these people will obviously be making great play of any negatives in an effort to be proved right). That seems to be the MHRA line too. I'll be taking whatever vaccine I'm offered, though I'd be happier if it turned out not to be the AZ one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You are far more likely to be injured on the way to getting the AZ than you are to encountering any problems with actual vaccine. 

 

Some (very few) passenger aircraft crash each year, but that doesn’t stop millions of people using them :rolleyes: I simply cannot understand the reluctance some have because the known and proven benefits vastly outweigh the totally unproven possible side effects. 

 

One of the  possibke side effects listed on a very common medication I take is actually death! Hasn’t stopped me, and I am sure millions of others taking it though.

 

Second jab in three weeks, it is AZ but I am delighted to be getting it, I have seen what Covid does to people, my elderly father in law (90 with diabetes) got it in January! He’s now alive and well but by gum he was very ill at one stage. 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

you don't have to take many paracetamols to have liver damage , but it will take about 2 weeks  before you die a very painful death. However do what it says on the bottle and you should be okay. 

TBH we could go on and on about side effects of drugs and especially herbal  medicine and vitamins that people never realised how harmful these things can be and I think that there lies the rub, because the government and the experts have been so open about the covid jabs, people just never realised the dangers that lie within and are shocked by what they are being told. 

The experts have been testing the drugs all the way through and like any other medicine  we have to trust the experts.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

I simply cannot understand the reluctance some have because the known and proven benefits vastly outweigh the totally unproven possible side effects. 

 

I think the reason is that for some (the young) the MHRA seem to be saying that this might not be the case (depending on your definition of "vastly"!).

 

When there are alternatives that seem to be lower risk, you can see why they (the MHRA) might be cautious in their advice.

 

I don't think this reflects on you or I, where what you say holds more true and, I repeat, I will be taking whatever I am offered unless something changes in the meantime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Scarab said:

 

I think the reason is that for some (the young) the MHRA seem to be saying that this might not be the case (depending on your definition of "vastly"!).

 

 

I think the MHFA are being exceedingly cautious because, as yet, there is insufficient data on the AZ vaccine and it’s  use on the younger members of society.  

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/04/2021 at 17:42, Mr Plodd said:

Alan.

 

A reasonable quantity of good quality Gin, with a Fever Tree mixer is a very good treatment for your particular ailment.  The benefit is somewhat transient, but the treatment can be repeated at will.

You were right. The simple treatment of visiting that pub building for lunch today has worked wonders. I’m cured yippee! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am doing my second stint providing a transport service for a nurse to go around the housebound of the town to give them their second injection.  

 

Amazing how many of these “housebound” have a car (or more) parked on their driveways. Even if they don’t drive clearly [I]someone[/I] in the house does, so they could easily get to a vaccination hub rather than expect someone to come to them couldn’t they?? 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

I am doing my second stint providing a transport service for a nurse to go around the housebound of the town to give them their second injection.  

 

Amazing how many of these “housebound” have a car (or more) parked on their driveways. Even if they don’t drive clearly [I]someone[/I] in the house does, so they could easily get to a vaccination hub rather than expect someone to come to them couldn’t they?? 

The clue here is in the fact they are housebound - “unable to leave one's house, typically due to illness or old age”

You did a good deed therefore 😊

Cheers, Martin

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MartinJB said:

The clue here is in the fact they are housebound - “unable to leave one's house, typically due to illness or old age”

You did a good deed therefore 😊

my neighbour is housebound, she is unable to go out on her own and she gets help for a lot of things  around the house. Although her son has a family and works he is very good to her and helps where he can.  He took her up  in the car for her to have her jabs, she just made sure she made the appointment that was okay for him ti do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joanie said:

my neighbour is housebound, she is unable to go out on her own and she gets help for a lot of things  around the house. Although her son has a family and works he is very good to her and helps where he can.  He took her up  in the car for her to have her jabs, she just made sure she made the appointment that was okay for him ti do it. 

As they say one size does not fit all, I still think Andy did a good deed for those needy. 

Cheers, Martin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my second pfiser jab last week. It seems that the side effects come with the second jab wheres AZ it comes with the first.

But thankfully, I only experienced a pain in the arm for 24hrs at the site of the injection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Amazing how many of these “housebound” have a car (or more) parked on their driveways. Even if they don’t drive clearly [I]someone[/I] in the house does, so they could easily get to a vaccination hub rather than expect someone to come to them couldn’t they?? 

We have a neighbour who does not drive but still has a car in the driveway. Her husband passed away last year so very much needed someone to drive her to receive a jab. In the example you gave, it could very well be that the 'someone' referred to was actually at work, trapped abroad, or unable to drive for some other reason when transport was needed to attend an appointment for a jab. Sometimes we may jump to conclusions that are inappropriate, so probably best not to judge if we're not in possession of all the facts.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gordon said:

We have a neighbour who does not drive but still has a car in the driveway. Her husband passed away last year so very much needed someone to drive her to receive a jab. In the example you gave, it could very well be that the 'someone' referred to was actually at work, trapped abroad, or unable to drive for some other reason when transport was needed to attend an appointment for a jab. Sometimes we may jump to conclusions that are inappropriate, so probably best not to judge if we're not in possession of all the facts.

 

A fair point, but some houses had 3 cars on the driveway. 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

A fair point, but some houses had 3 cars on the driveway. 

I take your point but there are four vehicles at my home, yet I am the only driver, so we really should not assume . . .

Vehicles.jpg

 

Edited by Gordon
picture added

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gordon said:

I take your point but there are four vehicles at my home, yet I am the only driver, so we really should not assume . . .

Vehicles.jpg

 

:goodpost:

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

 

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/04/2021 at 20:32, Mr Plodd said:

I am doing my second stint providing a transport service for a nurse to go around the housebound of the town to give them their second injection.  

 

Amazing how many of these “housebound” have a car (or more) parked on their driveways. Even if they don’t drive clearly [I]someone[/I] in the house does, so they could easily get to a vaccination hub rather than expect someone to come to them couldn’t they?? 

 

I had a call several weeks ago asking if my husband and I could go to Salisbury Cathedral for our vaccinations.   When I enquired whether I could park at the entrance I was told that the disabled car park was 400 metres away but a buggy was provided to take people to the cathedral.  I explained that my husband would not have been able to climb up onto a buggy.    She asked if I could get my vaccination done at the cathedral and I  mentioned I didn't want to leave my husband on his own for up to 2 hours whilst I drove to and from the City, found parking, got taken on the buggy to the entrance  and then joined a queue, etc.   My husband had been having quite a few falls and leaving him alone was not and still is not an option, but I offered to take him and myself to the surgery for our vaccinations, as parking is very close to the entrance, but she said she would arrange a home visit for both of us.   

 

I was surprised that they picked somewhere to vaccinate people in the middle of the City without parking outside.   Those elderly or disabled people living in villages several miles from the centre could have been vaccinated somewhere more accessible.   They could have made use of village halls, public houses or surgeries that have closed recently.   Not all people in villages have cars and the buses are very few and far between.

Where there are cars on driveways, it doesn't necessarily mean that the owner or driver lives in that house.  Some people rent their drives out especially if their house is near a station.   Others might let their neighbours use their drive for free.   Some people may be ill or injured and unable to drive until they are well.   

 

I agree very much with Gordon's comment:  "Sometimes we may jump to conclusions that are inappropriate, so probably best not to judge if we're not in possession of all the facts."

Link to post
Share on other sites

They deliberately went for large local places to vaccinate rather than smaller places. It was done, I believe, to increase the number vaccinated per day. In S Cumbria my first was in a local centre and the second in a larger location in a shopping centre. 

 

Hence the move away from smaller more local venues. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WispMan said:

They deliberately went for large local places to vaccinate rather than smaller places. It was done, I believe, to increase the number vaccinated per day. In S Cumbria my first was in a local centre and the second in a larger location in a shopping centre. 

 

Hence the move away from smaller more local venues. 

 

It depends what you call  "local centres".  The cathedral is about 10 miles from where we live and some villages are further out than us!  They haven't "moved away" from having local venues, as they just didn't have any local ones in the Salisbury area.   

 

They showed  people queuing for their vaccinations outside the cathedral  on TV.   How can people  queue if they cannot walk very far or stand for very long?  My husband doesn't have a wheelchair as I wouldn't be able to push him because I am disabled too.   I would say that at least 80% of our villagers are over 65 so something nearer and easier to park may have cut down on home visits.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had ours at the Lincs show ground in a large hall. They were doing about 700 people a day. It is far easier logistically to do many people this way than to do a few at lots of small centres. Here though car parking was good and next to the hall. Having it at our GP was not an option as they have not been doing anything for nearly 14 months and being a smallish building, the ventilation is not as good as a large hall so the risk of catching covid would be higher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paulines7 said:

 

It depends what you call  "local centres".  The cathedral is about 10 miles from where we live and some villages are further out than us!  They haven't "moved away" from having local venues, as they just didn't have any local ones in the Salisbury area.   

 

 

 

I travelled over 20 miles for my vaccination, and was more than happy to do so. 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my 2nd jab on Thursday at the same place I had my first, the local smallish hospital three miles away.

other half having his next Thursday at the same place he had his first, the local sports centre four miles away.

Both had Pfizer, no idea why the different locations but we’re not complaining.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...