Jump to content

Will you be having the covid vaccine?


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Lutz said:

 

Actually, AstraZeneca was withdrawn yesterday in Germany for all over the age of 60 following a not insignificant number of deaths attributed to their vaccine. Strange that, as only about a month ago it was temporarily held back for all over the age of 65. As a result, the public has lost all faith in AstraZeneca and large stocks of their vaccine are just stored away while on the other hand the vaccination rate is one of the lowest in Europe.

 

It remains entirely possible the risk is zero as vaccines are not proven to cause the brain clots.

Germany's Paul Ehrlich Institute has reported 31 cerebral venous sinus thromboses and nine deaths out of 2.7 million people vaccinated there.

However, the most recent UK data reported far fewer clots, just five, despite vaccinating far more people - 11 million.

I wonder if we will ever know the reason

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Lutz said:

 

Actually, AstraZeneca was withdrawn yesterday in Germany for all over the age of 60 following a not insignificant number of deaths attributed to their vaccine. Strange that, as only about a month ago it was temporarily held back for all over the age of 65. As a result, the public has lost all faith in AstraZeneca and large stocks of their vaccine are just stored away while on the other hand the vaccination rate is one of the lowest in Europe.

and still they are harping on about AZ delivery, and not using what they already have. I think they just don't want the UK to succeed in vacinating all our people no matter if they don't use it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read somewhere that a lot of the negative press that the AZ vaccine is recieving is due to the other vaccine manufacturers. 

 

It said they are not at all happy about AZ selling their vaccine at cost price as it makes their vaccines a second or 3rd choice so they were suggesting that a lot of the bad press may be industrial posturing rather than legitimate medical concerns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even if there is the minutest risk of a blood clot from the AZ or Pfizer vaccine (they have been reported equally in both), it has been said about 30% of those who get covid have blood clots. So using the German number from SamD, 31 possibly had clots from a vaccine out of 2.7 million and if they were to instead catch covid, 900000 might get a blood clot. I suspect scare tactics are being used, wonder if they are also aimed at Sweden as well as the UK (AZ is both countries) and I would be more than happy for the EU to hand over the AZ vaccines to those who want it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Paul1957 said:

Even if there is the minutest risk of a blood clot from the AZ or Pfizer vaccine (they have been reported equally in both), it has been said about 30% of those who get covid have blood clots. So using the German number from SamD, 31 possibly had clots from a vaccine out of 2.7 million and if they were to instead catch covid, 900000 might get a blood clot. I suspect scare tactics are being used, wonder if they are also aimed at Sweden as well as the UK (AZ is both countries) and I would be more than happy for the EU to hand over the AZ vaccines to those who want it.

 

Agreed - methinks the German Health Authorities will, eventually, be shown to have acted contrary to the best interests of the German People.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On a broader health alert than just the blood clots.

 

From the BMJ:

 

“...As of the 14 March the PfizerBioNTech product registered 1 Yellow Card report for every 286 doses (10.9m/38,084) and OxfordAstraZeneca 1 in 175 (13.7m/78,223). Meanwhile, the average number of adverse events per card is similar to two weeks ago and there are now 585 "fatal reactions" (249 for Pfizer, 326 for Oxford)....”

 

 

I suppose the Euro AZ haters would point out you are 31% more likely to die from the AZ vaccine than the Pf....as they switch ‘this weeks’ allegiance to Sputnik. 🙄

 

Edited by ericfield
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SamD said:

 

Agreed - methinks the German Health Authorities will, eventually, be shown to have acted contrary to the best interests of the German People.

There are elections soon in Germany, I can imagine the debates between prospective candidates for government.

I should have also put that out of the 2.7 million who might catch covid, around 3% might die so about 90000 and many more will have long term health problems. In normal times blood clots are common and on the Jeremy Vine radio show I think they said there are about 30000 a month in the UK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is not publicised is if there are more definitive reasons and what they may be.

 

Were the vaccines a sole direct cause of death with no underlying illnesses and no contraindications for the deceased, or were they a contributing factor to a death, where there was an underlying disease and if so what to what extent did the vaccine affect the end result.

 

Yes, in either case folk died, some with underlying problems may have died regardless, but it would not be expected of apparently healthy individuals, however many thousands of apparently healthy folk, die from or suffer from thrombi of various sizes annually.

 

Still, the press never get the minutiae, however important, in the way of a good headline.

 

Vaccinations cause death, full stop..............or Vaccinations may cause death, depending on the details in the following long article, which would sell the most papers ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First law of journalism......

 

”Never let the facts get in the way of a good headline or story” 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/03/2021 at 11:38, joanie said:

I couldn't believe it when I was told that almost 500 people didn't turn up for their vaccine  in one day in a Swansea vaccine centre, now that's what I call selfish. That was 28% of the people who had appointments that day. The vaccine centres have a reserve list of people that they can call on , so it was a very busy day to make sure that no vaccine goes to waste. 

since I posted the above, the reason why so many failed to turn up for the vaccine, was that the appointments were sent out too late so the people never knew that they had an appointment in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recent events seem to be painting a new light on the AZ vaccine. As someone still waiting for theirs (though not young enough to be offered the choice), it does make you think.

 

I'm sure everyone who dismissed this as scare tactics will be the first to adjust their views!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Scarab said:

Recent events seem to be painting a new light on the AZ vaccine. As someone still waiting for theirs (though not young enough to be offered the choice), it does make you think.

 

I'm sure everyone who dismissed this as scare tactics will be the first to adjust their views!

 

Not at all - why should they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SamD said:

 

Not at all - why should they?

 

Simply because our own government now seems to be acknowledging a link and that this vaccine may not be as safe as others.

Edited by Scarab
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scarab said:

Recent events seem to be painting a new light on the AZ vaccine. As someone still waiting for theirs (though not young enough to be offered the choice), it does make you think.

 

I'm sure everyone who dismissed this as scare tactics will be the first to adjust their views!

oh dear, perhaps you don't realise that every drug has side effects. 3 to 9 out of every 10,000  women are at risk of blood clots when taking the birth  control pill .  The Oxford AZ  side effect of blood clots is 1 in every 250,000, so to balance the side effects with the benefits of having the vaccine, the benefits win hands down. For those of you who have had the first dose of AZ, you should be okay for the second one as any side effects should have shown up  on the first jab

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, joanie said:

oh dear, perhaps you don't realise that every drug has side effects. 3 to 9 out of every 10,000  women are at risk of blood clots when taking the birth  control pill .  The Oxford AZ  side effect of blood clots is 1 in every 250,000, so to balance the side effects with the benefits of having the vaccine, the benefits win hands down. For those of you who have had the first dose of AZ, you should be okay for the second one as any side effects should have shown up  on the first jab

 

I do realise that most drugs have side effects, of course.

 

The figures I have seen (BBC) for getting a clot are 1 in 25,000, while deaths from clots in those who have had the vaccine run at 1 in 105,000.  The problem with the figures is that they ignore that there are other causes for clots, so probably over-estimate the risk. On the other hand, we are still collecting data on this.

 

Mortality rates for Covid are still being worked out but everyone agrees that they vary dramatically by age (and also gender).  I have seen rates of 1 in 20,000 for young women being suggested - and that is for those catching the virus - who would care to estimate the likelihood of that?

 

It seems to me that the MHRA are taking a wise approach. For those most at risk from Covid, it's still a very easy call to make - get as many vaccinated as quickly as possible.  For those at less risk, you can see why they might hesitate in recommending a treatment where the risks are even remotely similar to treatment especially when there are alternatives and where data is still being collected.

 

As I said, it makes you think! I won't have choice so, based on the current evidence, will take the vaccine I am offered albeit with slightly more nervousness than I would have last week!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Risk of clots from AZ is 0.000095%

Its a no brainer whivlch is why the family of the man who died recommend the rest of us to continue to accept the AZ jab. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But “The Media” have to find something to criticise ! 

 

The odds are far far higher of getting killed whilst on the way to have the vaccine than there is from it. But don’t forget.....

 

”Never let the facts get in the way of a good story” 

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

But “The Media” have to find something to criticise ! 

 

The odds are far far higher of getting killed whilst on the way to have the vaccine than there is from it. But don’t forget.....

 

”Never let the facts get in the way of a good story” 

 Spot on but I wonder how history will view the German approach to this which has caused such a rejection of a life-retaining jab?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I shall be having my second jab of Oxford AZ on Monday and grateful to have it.

J

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our second vaccinations are are due on May 1, we will be there!:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, joanie said:

3 to 9 out of every 10,000  women are at risk of blood clots when taking the birth  control pill . 

The Oxford AZ  side effect of blood clots is 1 in every 250,000,

Interesting stats that does tend to keep things in perspective Joanie.

I've had the first AZ jab and have no concerns about having the second on 7 May and further 'top-ups' as deemed necessary. 

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 664DaveS said:

Our second vaccinations are are due on May 1, we will be there!:D

:Plus1:  Mrs 'at and I are due in the week after, both AZ and will be happy to have them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, johntog said:

I shall be having my second jab of Oxford AZ on Monday and grateful to have it.

J

Same here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My second jab is due on 26th April. I trusted them to cut my chest open and operate on my heart 18 months ago, I think I'll trust them again this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

But “The Media” have to find something to criticise ! 

 

The odds are far far higher of getting killed whilst on the way to have the vaccine than there is from it. But don’t forget.....

 

”Never let the facts get in the way of a good story” 

 

We are talking about MHRA guidance here though, not just media sensationalism.

 

I'm not sure that your statement about the odds of dying on the way to get the vaccine is correct, though I understand the point you are making.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...