Jump to content

Will you be having the covid vaccine?


Recommended Posts

On 26/03/2021 at 12:01, MalH said:

Just had the call from GP for our second jabs next week.

 

In this area to my knowledge all 2nd stabs are booked when 1st one booked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, SamD said:

 

In this area to my knowledge all 2nd stabs are booked when 1st one booked.


We got ours the same, both came through at the same time just 3 months apart.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

 

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SamD said:

 

In this area to my knowledge all 2nd stabs are booked when 1st one booked.

 

Here, rural Hampshire I could either book online through some central clearing centre for both appointments at one of the major inoculation stations, in our case all many miles away. Or wait and respond to a text message from my surgery for the first jab that would be done in another local surgery, one with an adjacent large leisure centre car park, that was the route we took not wanting a very long round trip. 

 

There whilst waiting for the jab we were advised we would receive another text invitation at some date about 12 weeks on, for our second appointments. Now it is only two weeks off so hoping we get the call soon. We were also told at the time, it would be, as the first jab another Pfizer.

Seems here there are two differing routes, an online one and a surgery based one, a neighbour took the former, but got two appointments and faces another long drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, JTQ said:

 

Here, rural Hampshire I could either book online through some central clearing centre for both appointments at one of the major inoculation stations, in our case all many miles away. Or wait and respond to a text message from my surgery for the first jab that would be done in another local surgery, one with an adjacent large leisure centre car park, that was the route we took not wanting a very long round trip. 

 

There whilst waiting for the jab we were advised we would receive another text invitation at some date about 12 weeks on, for our second appointments. Now it is only two weeks off so hoping we get the call soon. We were also told at the time, it would be, as the first jab another Pfizer.

Seems here there are two differing routes, an online one and a surgery based one, a neighbour took the former, but got two appointments and faces another long drive.

 

same in our area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi just had our second jab put back a week 😡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had my 2nd last Tuesday and the wife gets her 2nd on 17th April no side effects at all 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had our 2nd jab ( 8 weeks after the first) at 8.30am this morning at our local surgery. Only 2 hours but no problems as yet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our local Residents' Association queried with the local health trust why there seemed to be differences in the booking system, and it was explained that there are two systems running, and they are not interchangeable.

 

One is when you receive a letter inviting you to book via the NHS website, and dates for the first and second dose are booked together. These are at the large NHS organised hubs only, not the GP run centres.

 

The other is via local GP practices, when they contact you (phone,text or letter) to book you in for your first dose. Some practices are giving a date for the 2nd dose at the same time, but the majority tell you that you will be contacted again for the 2nd dose. These are given at local centres set up by the GP practices themselves, and cannot be booked via the NHS website.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, 2seaside said:

Our local Residents' Association queried with the local health trust why there seemed to be differences in the booking system, and it was explained that there are two systems running, and they are not interchangeable.

 

One is when you receive a letter inviting you to book via the NHS website, and dates for the first and second dose are booked together. These are at the large NHS organised hubs only, not the GP run centres.

 

The other is via local GP practices, when they contact you (phone,text or letter) to book you in for your first dose. Some practices are giving a date for the 2nd dose at the same time, but the majority tell you that you will be contacted again for the 2nd dose. These are given at local centres set up by the GP practices themselves, and cannot be booked via the NHS website.

 

 

 

My wife had call up notices under both systems. Currently she is waiting for the call up for the second dose under the GP system, my second was booked online  at the time of booking the first under the NHS system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We both had our second Pfizer jabs over the weekend. We live in Wales and they have really been on the ball getting these vaccinations out. Pfizer 2nd doses are being administered around 6 weeks after the first - Astra Zeneca around 11/12 weeks. We’re good to go now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Glen and Les said:

We both had our second Pfizer jabs over the weekend. We live in Wales and they have really been on the ball getting these vaccinations out. Pfizer 2nd doses are being administered around 6 weeks after the first - Astra Zeneca around 11/12 weeks. We’re good to go now!

Maybe there's a clue in these figures from Google?

Total UK population is estimated at 67,886,011 people of which Scotland has  5.46 million, Wales has 3.15 million and Northern Ireland 1.89 million.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

what I found puzzling was that only 18 people , I think,  had the flu this winter, I don't think anyone had a  common cold, apart from myself . It seems that  the only virus that anyone had was covid.  

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55274833

this link gives % of the UK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, joanie said:

what I found puzzling was that only 18 people , I think,  had the flu this winter, I don't think anyone had a  common cold, apart from myself . It seems that  the only virus that anyone had was covid.  

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55274833

this link gives % of the UK

It makes complete sense that measures to prevent one virus will also help prevent the spread of others whose method of transmission is broadly similar. 

Bearing in mind though, that many people suffer colds and flu without telling anybody at all.

It does make you wonder how much the nations health could be improved, even in non-Covid times by a little more social distancing and mask wearing in crowded enclosed spaces!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Stevan said:

It makes complete sense that measures to prevent one virus will also help prevent the spread of others whose method of transmission is broadly similar. 

Bearing in mind though, that many people suffer colds and flu without telling anybody at all.

It does make you wonder how much the nations health could be improved, even in non-Covid times by a little more social distancing and mask wearing in crowded enclosed spaces!  

The problem with this is, if you don't get, you don't develop resistance .. 

 

(Waits to be shot down ...... )

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Disco Kid said:

The problem with this is, if you don't get, you don't develop resistance .. 

 

(Waits to be shot down ...... )

 

Well I got it, and had a 6 day all inclusive break in hospital in Plymouth, and have now had my first vaccination.

 

I have no idea if I have any protection from having Covid, as the doctors pointed out I may have but they don't know, but do know I have some from having the vaccination.

 

For the asymptomatic no problem but I would rather have the vaccination than Covid 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Allan Guest said:

Well I got it, and had a 6 day all inclusive break in hospital in Plymouth, and have now had my first vaccination.

 

I have no idea if I have any protection from having Covid, as the doctors pointed out I may have but they don't know, but do know I have some from having the vaccination.

 

For the asymptomatic no problem but I would rather have the vaccination than Covid 

 

A recent BBC article reports that having the vaccine after being infected by Covid raises the response six fold.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56538983

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Disco Kid said:

The problem with this is, if you don't get, you don't develop resistance .. 

 

(Waits to be shot down ...... )

 

Now that's grasping the stick from the other end!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had Covid in November and was badly for most of the month. I had the first jab  (OAZ) about 2 weeks ago and had mild flu like symptoms for about 24 hours, a day or so after.

 

For the conspiracy theorists, my 5G reception improved and I had an unnerving urge to get up in the middle of the night and update Windows 10

Edited by Towtug
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Towtug said:

I had Covid in November and was badly for most of the month. I had the first jab  (OAZ) about 2 weeks ago and had mild flu like symptoms for about 24 hours, a day or so after.

 

For the conspiracy theorists, my 5G reception improved and I had an unnerving urge to get up in the middle of the night and update Windows 10

:D:D:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I couldn't believe it when I was told that almost 500 people didn't turn up for their vaccine  in one day in a Swansea vaccine centre, now that's what I call selfish. That was 28% of the people who had appointments that day. The vaccine centres have a reserve list of people that they can call on , so it was a very busy day to make sure that no vaccine goes to waste. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given that covid  seems to effect people in different ways. From mild to killing you. It's no wonder that the vaccine works in a similar way (hopefully not killing you). With that in mind is it possible that the people who reacted badly to the vaccine may well have experienced a more serious reaction to the actual virus.

Hoping the reverse is not true as I suffered no effects what's so ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MOH and I had our 2nd Pfizer jabs yesterday. Apart from slight soreness in the area, no side effects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

booked mine & other half today for Monday as they are now doing the 45-50 year olds in N.Ireland

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see there is now a variant been discovered in Paris. Wonder if this one will be named as the French variant, they were quick enough to label the British one. I doubt it though.

 

The boffins at the Henri Mondor hospital in the Paris region have been probing the new variant since February, when they first identified it.

They say it contains 18 mutations, with two of these – the 501Y and position 452 mutations – potentially more transmissible and more resistant to vaccines than the original Covid-19 virus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, CraigP2005 said:

Given that covid  seems to effect people in different ways. From mild to killing you. It's no wonder that the vaccine works in a similar way (hopefully not killing you). With that in mind is it possible that the people who reacted badly to the vaccine may well have experienced a more serious reaction to the actual virus.

Hoping the reverse is not true as I suffered no effects what's so ever.

 

Actually, AstraZeneca was withdrawn yesterday in Germany for all over the age of 60 following a not insignificant number of deaths attributed to their vaccine. Strange that, as only about a month ago it was temporarily held back for all over the age of 65. As a result, the public has lost all faith in AstraZeneca and large stocks of their vaccine are just stored away while on the other hand the vaccination rate is one of the lowest in Europe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...