Will you be having the covid vaccine?

Hi had anyone had their second Pfizer jab and if so any reactions 

49 minutes ago, dobbo said:

Yes!   I had my first Pfizer in mid December and the second one three weeks later.   No reactions at all.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

20 hours ago, dobbo said:

Yes, my Mrs had her second Pfizer jab last Thursday, (along with her twin sister), and they're both fine. Slight bruising around the injection site, but no other reactions.

On 11/03/2021 at 09:54, ericfield said:

And the temperature of the vaccine. I remember having regular anti-tetanus shots back in the 70s

Brings back memories of the mid 60's when I had a Bells Palsy and had to have a jab every couple of days for ten days.

It was the time, where I lived, that the doctors house was only a couple of streets away, he knew you from birth and knew all your family.

After the first jab, which made me jump, he said when you come for your next jabs just get your vial out of the fridge and knock on the consulting room door, no need for an appointment, I had an aunt who was a nursing matron who said the same, rub it in your hands for a few moments to warm it up and make it less viscous, it worked.

The days of almost everything being cured at the docs from stitches to minor breaks and visits to the ' emergency ' rare, unlike today and he couldn't be hoodwinked, he didn't wrap anything up and if it was going to hurt he said so, saying why say it won't hurt when it will, the next time I say it won't hurt I won't be believed.

The advances since then in needle manufacture and technology has resulted in sharper slimmer needles which helps a lot.

Had my Oxford AZ on WEdnesday-still not a single side effect other than a slightly sore feeling where i was stabbed-and at the time didn't even feel that-not in the slightest-very happy.(and feeling lucky)

I had my AZ jab early March, no side effects apart from insomnia after jab. 

Felt rubbish yesterday, one minute hot next cold. Today much better. A late side effect, don't know. Maybe. 

Had the AZ jab in February with no side effects at all, not even a sore arm. My wife had the Pfizer a couple of weeks after me, and she had a sore arm for a few days which soon wore off. Second jabs coming in April.

1 hour ago, Jezzerb said:

Had my Oxford AZ on Wednesday-still not a single side effect

Astra Zeneca have had a worrying couple of weeks.   Not only did several EU countries halt their AZ vaccine programmes because of doubts about the efficacy,  but a 43 year old Spanish woman suffered a brain haemorrhage three weeks after having the AZ vaccination.     Fortunately two separate pathologists have carried out postmortems and both have ruled out any possibility of the death being caused by the vaccine.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

12 hours ago, Jaydug said:

Fortunately two separate pathologists have carried out postmortems and both have ruled out any possibility of the death being caused by the vaccine.

That won't deter the anti vaxxers from peddling myths.

On 15/03/2021 at 22:39, ericfield said:

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone experienced delayed side effects?

Ericfield,

Thanks for posting the above because I am now experiencing symptoms similar to those you described 19 days after I had the Pfizer vaccine. So, rather than worry/puzzle over it, I've retired to bed to get on with being 'poorly'!

My wife had the AZ vaccine and had the more immediate reactions described in this thread.

Mick

Jaguar XF-S Sportbrake (2018) towing Coachman VIP575 (2018).

1 hour ago, Mickyjb said:

Ericfield,

Thanks for posting the above because I am now experiencing symptoms similar to those you described 19 days after I had the Pfizer vaccine. So, rather than worry/puzzle over it, I've retired to bed to get on with being 'poorly'!

My wife had the AZ vaccine and had the more immediate reactions described in this thread.

Mick

Hate to mention it, but if the stories of the 2nd Pfizer jab giving more side effects are true....the worse may yet to come. 😢 

My husband and I, both in our 70's, had our Oxford AZ vaccinations on 8th February and neither of us have had any side effects.  I didn't even feel the needle going in as it was so thin compared to the one used for blood tests.    Our second jabs are due on 8th April.  

15 minutes ago, ericfield said:

Hate to mention it, but if the stories of the 2nd Pfizer jab giving more side effects are true....the worse may yet to come. 😢 

Nothing beats having  a very positive attitude does it? 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

whatever you hear there will always be someone that will tell you the total opposite, so let me say that I had both pfizer  jabs and was fine, my OH had the Oxford jab and had man flu for a day.   I have to agree about the needle , the first time I never noticed that she had done it .

It’s is clear that different people are having different experiences in respect of side effects (if they have any)  The only really important thing is to get the jab! 

Any side effects are much less of an issue than contracting the thing :rolleyes:

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

24 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

It’s is clear that different people are having different experiences in respect of side effects (if they have any)  The only really important thing is to get the jab! 

Any side effects are much less of an issue than contracting the thing :rolleyes:

I was actually quite pleased to have a slight temperature after the jab since I did not feel anything when I had it and thought maybe it was not given. In one of the news reports on the BBC it was said that younger people are more likely to have side effects as their immune system will be stronger and more likely to react, just as some people get man flu from a slight cold. If somebody wants side effects from a jab they should try hormone therapy jabs for 3 years to stop prostate cancer, compared to the COVID jab the COVID one is trivial and has a far greater good outcome whereas I was told the HT plus radiotherapy gave about a 55% chance of still being here in 5 years (2 months to go and still going strong).

People having side effects weeks after their jab might possibly have something wrong that is nothing to do with the jab. Yesterday I had the urge to wash both cars and that was just over 3 weeks after our jabs, first time in half a year but it is not a listed side effect so I suspect not related to the jab

Edited by Paul1957

I had my first pfizer jab on the 28th jan and no side effects atall apart from a slight pain at the injection site for about 24hrs, my second jab is sometime around the 22nd april

I had the AZ jab just over a month ago and have basically felt fine until this week, when I've felt really rough, headache, temperature, vomiting etc. Whether it was connected to the vaccine in any way, I have no idea but while it is easing now, the past 48 hours have been horrible.

Will I have a second jab? Of course I will.

It's scheduled for May and I have no intention of missing the appointment.

Gordon

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

40 minutes ago, Gordon said:

I had the AZ jab just over a month ago and have basically felt fine until this week, when I've felt really rough, headache, temperature, vomiting etc. Whether it was connected to the vaccine in any way, I have no idea but while it is easing now, the past 48 hours have been horrible.

Will I have a second jab? Of course I will.

It's scheduled for May and I have no intention of missing the appointment.

Gordon

I had my AZ jab two weeks ago and was really rough this last weekend and Monday. Felt just generally unwell.  Hot one minute, cold the next. Hands clammy, and lips tingling, legs tingling. Didn't put me off food though.:D.

Had a lateral flow test yesterday and was negative. TG. No idea if connected to jab. 

On 24/03/2021 at 11:13, Paulines7 said:

My husband and I, both in our 70's, had our Oxford AZ vaccinations on 8th February and neither of us have had any side effects.  I didn't even feel the needle going in as it was so thin compared to the one used for blood tests.    Our second jabs are due on 8th April.  

Thats quick, only just over 8 weeks. I had mine on3rd Feb, 2nd due 28th April

Not directly under the thread title but ....

We are seeing steady numbers (over 5000 a day) of new infections, though admissions and deaths are falling ..

There doesn't seem to be any published data about age groups, nor of infections in those who have had the vaccine .. 

People are being encouraged to have tests even if no symptoms .. they are not saying anything about those who have or have not the vaccination.  

It would be nice if they told us more .. 

My wife and I both had our first AZ jabs on 3rd of Feb and then second one on 17th of March.

No side effects and no discomfort for both of us.

Just had the call from GP for our second jabs next week.

Speaking on the phone to those I know personally, the vast majority in my area have had the AZ vaccine and have experienced no side effects at all, a couple have had minor short term discomfort in the arm, and only two have felt really unwell. I also know people that have been hospitalised prior to a vaccine being available and sadly not all survived, so whether to have the vaccine or not, for me is a no brainer.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I had the AZ jab yesterday. No arm pain at all (I certainly felt the needle though!). Woke up this morning feeling a bit grotty a bit like mild cold symptoms. Nothing serious but I’ll milk it all I can today in an attempt to sit in front of the TV all day!

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB