Will you be having the covid vaccine?

21 minutes ago, P101 said:

My wife had the AZ jab on Friday and is still ill. 

My daughter had the Pfizer jab some time ago (NHS front line) and other people I know on the NHS have all had the Pfizer (is that a clue?).

I thought some of the things you quote had been discredited as sour grapes from within the EU.

Regarding your as she reported back the problem, think we are supposed to?

Hospitals have the Pfizer due to the -80deg storage requirements.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No way on this earth would I let them give me this vaccine.    99.7 chance of survival Covid 19  that's good odds.   Danny  

This has not been rushed by the govt. You surely don't believe the govt has any thing to do with the development and testing of this vaccine. It has had normal proper testing that any vaccine has. 

Posted Images

Had a letter late on Saturday. Said to either wait for own doctor to get in touch or book online for a vaccination centre appointment. Was able to book for Sunday at 1.10pm.Had to book 2nd appointment at the same time for early May. All went very smoothly at a local Community centre. Everybody there very helpful and friendly and not a single jabsworth(see what I did there?) to be seen.

15 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Hospitals have the Pfizer due to the -80deg storage requirements.

This is one of the reason NHS staff got the Pfizer jab plus it was available for a month before the AZ vaccine. 

Regarding AZ side affects - Pfizer also has its side affects.  All 4 members of my team that had the Pfizer vaccine suffered very little discomfort following the first vaccination.  However all 3 (one still left to be done) who had the 2nd vaccination felt a bit on the rough side the next day (including a slight fever).   Very mild symptoms and were gone by the next day.    They were warned by vaccination staff that many NHS staff had suffered similar affects after their 2nd dose of the Pfizer.  

If you get offered the vaccine Pfizer or AZ - take it. 

Edited by Aitch
clarity
11 hours ago, P101 said:

I understand many countries are limiting the approval of the AZ jab due to concerns over its efficacy.

Some countries are not approving it for over 65s.

An article in the Times has stated that in France there is now a rolling programme for Medics because the side effects are frequent and can be severe.

Medics in Italy are complaining that the jab is second rate to Pfizer / Moderna and they are demanding the latter jabs.

My daughter had the Pfizer jab some time ago (NHS front line) and other people I know on the NHS have all had the Pfizer (is that a clue?).

I'm seriously thinking about declining the AZ one if that is the one offered. If we move in the direction of vaccine passports for travel, will the AZ one be sufficient for international travel? Will we eventually get a choice of vaccine - either NHS or privately?

So many questions...

I can not understand people saying i may not have this or that jab because i've heard this or i've heard that. Your gambling  and my life and everybody else's life depends on it. Unless you have the correct info regarding the EFFICASY of said  jab then where are you coming from. I'm sick of all these people quoting this person and that person have had this problem, unless you have a medical reason for not having the jab then  have it!!!

I've had the Astra Zeneca jab three days ago and haven't grown another head yet!!!

Steve

11 hours ago, MDM said:

Hi Paulines7,

I agree with you totally, however your statement about passing on to others, even if you have had the jab you can still contract the virus and pass it on regardless. I feel many people "wrongly" think once you have had the jab life will continue as before and you will have total immunity. Many precautions and safety measures will still stay in place unfortunately.

Kindest Regards

M

Do people really believe that when they have had the jab they will have total immunity?  Certainly I am not of that opinion and none of my relatives or friends I have spoken to think that either!    Surely if people watch the TV News, the Special coronavirus updates, Question Time, Panorama, Peston  and the many other programmes that have covered Covid, they will know that they are not immune.   If people do believe that, as many of you say on here, then I can see us being in lockdown again after Easter. I can see Covid spreading at an alarming rate with numbers being far greater than in April 2020 or last month.   Israel are thinking of opening theatres and cinemas when their people have had their second jabs but I think they may be jumping the gun a bit.   I would rather act on the cautious side.  

Lunar Clubman 475EK towed by Vauxhall Zafira Design 1. 9Cdti 150

8 hours ago, P101 said:

Had my first AZ jab about three weeks ago had most of the common side effects for just over 5days before clear, second one April looking forward to getting it done.

Wife had no side effects at all , I was overwhelmed by sympathy such as what do you expect your a man go and wash the car you’ll feel better.

the uptake of the covid  vaccine was expected to be 75%, but it has achieved over 90% in England & Wales . Although we have to wait for the immunity to build  and then with the second dose  and the lock down, things are looking good for the future.  We shall probably need a booster each year . 

P101, when I had my jab I was told that if any side effects lasted more than a week to get in touch with the surgery, thankfully I didn't have any side effects , but of course we can still catch covid so we must be aware of that. 

JCCD, of course having the vaccine is up to you , but the more people that have it the less chance of the covid 19 finding a way of gaining a foothold . 

This is not over yet and we all still need to be careful.

11 hours ago, P101 said:

I'm seriously thinking about declining the AZ one if that is the one offered. If we move in the direction of vaccine passports for travel, will the AZ one be sufficient for international travel? Will we eventually get a choice of vaccine - either NHS or privately?

I don't think you're allowed to pick and choose.  IMO we will end up with an annual jab of whatever is proven to be the most effective at zapping mutant strains.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

There is a term in the medical profession known as sympto symatic,

excuse spelling,    If your body expects something it will get it!

my cousin suffers from every thing, cause she expects it! she had the Pfizer vaccination, felt so ill for days,as I expected! Her daughter a nhs podiatrist was in bed,off work for two days!after hers.

just saying like.

17 hours ago, JCCD said:

I think there's something a lot more worrying than the issue of those not wanting the vaccine, and that's those who think that having the vaccine stops them getting Covid and passing it on. Thats very worrying indeed, and some of them lurk on these very pages, whilst tutting a others.

Some on here have said those not having the vaccine are selfish, and go on to suggest that to have it means you can't then pass it onto anyone else. These very same people will then be going about their lives ignorant to the fact they could still be infecting and killing others. I think these are the people we should be worried about.

We have already been told that restrictions such as masks and social distancing are likely to be around until the autumn so there is no excuse for anyone thinking that one quick prick in the arm and it's down the pub tonight and football on Saturday. But there will come a time when the vaccination program is nearing it's completion and these restrictions are relaxed and by that time I for one will be very glad to be able to meet and hug friends, and I'm sorry but if you have chosen not to have the vaccine then the risk is yours, not mine. I cannot, and will not go on forever observing restrictions because some in society choose not to protect themselves from this virus. There are those who may not be able to be vaccinated, the vaccine minister was quoted recently saying that number is less than 1 in 1000 people. Most people with allergies will be suitable for one or other of the vaccines, medical staff are trained to cope with patients with trypanophobia, These are excuses for not having the vaccine, not genuine reasons of which there are very few, mostly linked to existing medical conditions. I know this first hand as my son suffers with trypanophobia and suffering with a congenital kidney disease he has had more than his fair share of needles for any ten year old. 

Mercedes E350 CDi AMG Cabriolet, Lunar Freelander 640EW Twin Axle @1700kg

12 hours ago, JE5OL1J4C said:

I can not understand people saying i may not have this or that jab because i've heard this or i've heard that. Your gambling  and my life and everybody else's life depends on it. Unless you have the correct info regarding the EFFICASY of said  jab then where are you coming from. I'm sick of all these people quoting this person and that person have had this problem, unless you have a medical reason for not having the jab then  have it!!!

I've had the Astra Zeneca jab three days ago and haven't grown another head yet!!!

Steve

Good post may I quote you.😉

1 hour ago, Pheasant said:

excuse spelling,    If your body expects something it will get it!

my cousin suffers from every thing, cause she expects it! she had the Pfizer vaccination, felt so ill for days,as I expected! Her daughter a nhs podiatrist was in bed,off work for two days!after hers.

just saying like.

My cousin is the same.  She has only had the flu jab once over 10 years ago and because she had a reaction to that the next day, she never had any more.   She was undecided on the Covid vaccination but I persuaded her to have it.  Yes, she had a reaction for the next 2 or 3 days after the jab (nothing serious).   Her son  told her it was because she worried about the vaccination that she got the symptoms.  Maybe there is some truth in that.  Pheasant, I looked up Sympto  Symatic and Symptom Symatic but didn't think either fitted the condition you and I have both mentioned.   Maybe I misinterpreted what I read or maybe there is another name for it.

Lunar Clubman 475EK towed by Vauxhall Zafira Design 1. 9Cdti 150

2 hours ago, Pheasant said:

excuse spelling,    

The word  is Psychosomatic

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

50 minutes ago, PMW said:

But there will come a time when the vaccination program is nearing it's completion and these restrictions are relaxed

The two don't go hand in hand though, the only time restrictions should be relaxed and eventually removed is when infections and deaths are falling consistently to very low figures, hopefully eventually to zero.

The vaccination programs at the moment are a quite small part of the solution until and when 100% positive results of their success is seen, up to now it is, to some extent an experiment and is an addition to distancing etc.

At the first lockdown, without any vaccines the infection rate dropped, the same with subsequent ones including this one, where many folk have been vaccinated but are not yet fully immune.

So what does this tell us and what is the solution ?

Any ongoing restrictions will upset some, so what, do we want the continuous see saw, as we have been having, of lockdown doing its job and infections falling, removing them and infections raising.

Why do infections fall in lockdown and rise when restrictions are removed, basically simply because it forces the majority of those who couldn't give a ..............to actually do their bit of complying to some degree, with the, very, very, simple, easy precautions, the same folk,  who when restrictions are lifted and we and they are told time and again that we must still religiously keep up with the precautions till told otherwise, just throw caution to the wind and carry on as before, then whinge and whine when the next lock down is forced on them, too thick to realise why.

As ever, the actions of the few who don't comply, punish the many who do comply !

I'm not a betting man but, would be interested in the odds a bookie would give for other lockdowns to be needed, especially after next Christmas.

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Silversurf said:

The two don't go hand in hand though, the only time restrictions should be relaxed and eventually removed is when infections and deaths are falling consistently to very low figures, hopefully eventually to zero.

It is very unlikely that that will ever happen. Annually an average of 8,000 people die every year from influenza, in the two years before lock down the figures were much higher. Covid may just go away, such happenings are not unknown but it is most likely that it will linger for years and we will have to deal with it like we do other similar diseases such as Flu. Permanent social distancing to do that, just because some choose not to have a vaccine is not an option. 

Mercedes E350 CDi AMG Cabriolet, Lunar Freelander 640EW Twin Axle @1700kg

29 minutes ago, PMW said:

Covid may just go away, such happenings are not unknown but it is most likely that it will linger for years and we will have to deal with it like we do other similar diseases such as Flu

I totally agree, what is getting fascinating is the ongoing research into the history of viri, where they came from, from which animal did it leap to humans from etc.

Two interesting ones among many, are having their history re-written, one is measles which was thought to have appeared in the early 800's now appears to have appeared much earlier and to have arisen from the cattle rinderpest virus  from around, or earlier than 1,000 BC.

The second is smallpox where during studies of its history it is now thought to have made the jump to humans around 500 BC , it can be seen in some Viking remains from around  250 AD and that the modern one emerged around 1600 AD which is now hopefully eradicated.

An interesting find from this study is that the virus that infected the Vikings, isn't a direct descendant of the modern smallpox, it appears to have evolved from a different source and at some time simply died out, had sufficient herd immunity developed, did the hosts die out, did the virus mutate into an unsustainable type, the reasons are unknown at the moment, similar findings are being found with other viri.

Though this research is nothing to do with Covid per se it is giving valuable insights into how the leaps, animal to animal, animal to human occur and how mutations and strains appear and develop, some for the good, some for the bad, for all and any viri, known and unknown.

As more info is found, there is the realisation that there is more than ever was dreamed of still to be found.

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

The word  is Psychosomatic

A colleague of mine was diagnosed with this year's ago ....He had been a soldier in the 1st gulf war ...

.A few years after he demobed .....He found that a lot of his also "demobed colleagues"  were suffering P.T.S.D....Etc...One day he thought he was having a heart attack and after being rushed into hospital ...He was examined and found to be fit and well.....They put it down to his " psychosomatic ..condition".And said after being subjected to seeing his colleagues suffering .....His mind went into ...Overdrive and got him to think ...."I should be suffering from P.T.S.D too" ...In layman's terms ...It was all in his mind !.

If interested in psychosomatic illness, I highly recommend a book called "Its all in your head" - true stories of psychosomatic illness written by a neurologist - it an easy and (I found) an enlightening read  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Its-All-Your-Head-Imaginary/dp/0701189266

I have been booked in to have my jab next Saturday at the GP's. They must be doing 55-60 years now. I have mild asthma, PAF and another co morbidity which dont count towards having it early, although it is reported that heart arrhythmia is common with COVID, so this could make mine worse.

On the news this morning it reported that the jab is 75% effective at stopping the spread by reducing the viral load. This data has come from Israel where they are ahead in the vaccinations.

The most important take on it for me, is that during trials the jabs stopped the hospitialisation and serious complications. Fingers crossed this is the case.

Had ours(AZ) two weeks since. Had no ill effects whatsover.

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

13 hours ago, PeterR said:

A colleague of mine was diagnosed with this year's ago ....He had been a soldier in the 1st gulf war ...

.A few years after he demobed .....He found that a lot of his also "demobed colleagues"  were suffering P.T.S.D....Etc...One day he thought he was having a heart attack and after being rushed into hospital ...He was examined and found to be fit and well.....They put it down to his " psychosomatic ..condition".And said after being subjected to seeing his colleagues suffering .....His mind went into ...Overdrive and got him to think ...."I should be suffering from P.T.S.D too" ...In layman's terms ...It was all in his mind !.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56116101     this link is the BBC News from yesterday, may be of interest to you.

Had my jab yesterday, back on 6th May for the second one in order to activate the “tracking devices” in the first one B) :lol:

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

26 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Had my jab yesterday, back on 6th May for the second one in order to activate the “tracking devices” in the first one B) :lol:

Nice one Andy! So THAT'S why I've got to go back on April 26th for MY activation at the same time as my second jab.:D

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

54 minutes ago, joanie said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56116101     this link is the BBC News from yesterday, may be of interest to you.

Very interesting I've passed on this link to him ....Thank you !..

Youngest daughter is just in her early fifties and works from home so she'd become reconciled to a long wait for a covid jab.   However, an email today from her employer said that she was now classed as  a front-line hospital worker, and could go on line and book an appointment.   She's over the moon and all geared up for next Monday at a hospital six miles away.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com