Will you be having the covid vaccine?

I had mine yesterday - really impressed with the way it was managed and credit to all those on the front line including the volunteer martials stood outside in a freezing wind.

Some side effects today but nothing that I wasn't warned about.

Had mine today. So efficient and fast. Entering to leaving less than 2mins.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Anyone over 70 booked direct on line as I did without a contact from GP?

Had mine today at Fordingbridge (67 with breathing issue) whole process well thought out and worked like clockwork. Really impressed.

My wife did yesterday - both 1st and 2nd booked. 

8 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

We had ours Saturday morning at 09:00 , lovely to see some friends on the door spraying people with anti bac ,  they are the type of people that a community needs , on another day they will be picking up litter around our small town. As others have said we were in & out in 2 minutes , just had to sit for 10 minutes in a sanitized area afterwards & then off to the butchers for some bacon & black pudding . 

Today is a different story , we both ache all over our arms are sore where the needles went in & we feel generally terrible . Hopefully this won’t last too long & we’ll be back to normal.

They have started rolling out the jabs for us at work. There only doing 20 a week on station as some staff been slightly unwell the next day with temp and aches. They think this is due to the amount of exposure we have been getting to Covid 

when I get a chance I’ll be having it and making sure I have plenty of paracetamol in 

6 minutes ago, stevew1 said:

we both ache all over our arms are sore where the needles went in & we feel generally terrible . Hopefully this won’t last too long & we’ll be back to normal.

From what I’ve been hearing at work it’s normally only couple days. Hope you feel better soon and take paracetamol if your allowed 

the way I understand it is that you have to wait for your invitation letter and that gives you the date and time and also the place where your vaccination will take place.  The NHS booking line is for NHS workers, frontline staff to be able to book an appointment, but apparently someone gave the number out  on line and it's being used by people other than NHS workers.  Where did you get your info from  David 38 ?

1 hour ago, David 38 said:

I had my jab last week at our local sports centre. The whole process was run like clockwork in a friendly way . I'm happy to say that other than a sore arm for a day or so no side effects at all. 

On 11/11/2020 at 09:32, hymermad said:

As I have become  extremely optimistic regarding the coming vaccine and I live in hope of the beginning of the end of this pandemic I am wondering,  how many of you are happy to have the vaccine?  hubby and me are going to have the jab when offered and can only see this as a way of eventually getting rid of this virus.  How about you ?

We will be having it think it will  be like the flu jab that you will have to have it every year as the Virus Mutates into different strains it will have to be altered each year 

I have just been reading that the flu virus is nearly non  existent this year as they suspect it is because of the hand washing  keeping our distance and wearing  a face mask.  Nice to see something good  coming out of all this.

1 hour ago, James749 said:

They have started rolling out the jabs for us at work. There only doing 20 a week on station as some staff been slightly unwell the next day with temp and aches. They think this is due to the amount of exposure we have been getting to Covid 

when I get a chance I’ll be having it and making sure I have plenty of paracetamol in 

From what I’ve been hearing at work it’s normally only couple days. Hope you feel better soon and take paracetamol if your allowed 

Cheers mate .

Joanie it was from Google.

Worked for several people now but if your area not vaccinating your age group it does not work until they are.

Yes, I'll be having it. My Daughter is a Care Home Manager, and hearing the stories of how fast and devastating this virus is, and how fast it has spread, I'm happy to stand in line to have the jab as soon as possible.

5 hours ago, David 38 said:

Yes, booked for Thursday for both of us and second appointment in April.  Got letters from the NHS on Friday, offering the chance to book on line.

8 hours ago, David 38 said:

Joanie it was from Google.

Worked for several people now but if your area not vaccinating your age group it does not work until they are.

I had my letter and it just told me where to go, time and date,  I just don't understand , were you queue jumping, as you say it worked but now you have to wait for your age group to come up  

We each got TXTs from our surgery with unique to each of us website links where we only needed to confirm our identities and were then offered a range of "slots", but only for our 1st jabs. We got back confirmatory TXTs, reiterating the venue and time, to a  surgery not ours with an abutting community centre with a fair sized car park.

Later in the week after making our appointments and before them, we also received a standard letter from the NHS, inviting us to make bookings if we had not had it already. That we ignored,  could not see how other we ought, which turned out to be the  right thing to do.

Apart from standing in a long queue in the rain after a struggle to park it all when okay though the small rural facility was clearly being overwhelmed.

Great and friendly spirited effort from the whole team involved, particularly those apparent volunteers stood out marshalling the parking and queuing on a horrible weather morning.

Jabs and after effects was as painless as the countless others I have had during a long career travelling to some very unhealthy parts of this globe.

Re the second jab we were only advised another TXT will come for fixing an appointment in about 12 weeks.

We got a credit card sized info card to carry in our wallets etc with product batch and timing info.

Edited by JTQ

1 hour ago, joanie said:

..........., were you queue jumping, ..............

NO!

No queue jumping.

If you are 77 it only allows booking if the 75 to 79 are being done in your area.

I'm sorry you not understanding what I said twice before.

2 hours ago, joanie said:

I had my letter and it just told me where to go, time and date,  I just don't understand , were you queue jumping, as you say it worked but now you have to wait for your age group to come up  

There are many different systems even in the same locality.  Here some are receiving one of Phone, Email, Letter.

26 minutes ago, SamD said:

There are many different systems even in the same locality.  Here some are receiving one of Phone, Email, Letter.

thanks for the explanation, my understanding was that we all had to wait for a letter, but now you have told me that  there are  different  systems in different places it makes things a bit clearer. 

18 minutes ago, joanie said:

thanks for the explanation, my understanding was that we all had to wait for a letter, but now you have told me that  there are  different  systems in different places it makes things a bit clearer. 

Hi Joanne,as i posted somewhere here last week,   We both had sms mobile text, easy to book,went like clockwork,  but ten days later we received a letter full of information,in many languages,asking us to book vaccine!      Wasted money again.!

Just be aware of scam emails,texts,and letters,I have read of lots going on.

Joanie, I’ve just had a telephone appointment for my diabetes check up and whilst I was on the phone asked the nurse about the jabs.

At our surgery we will be telephoned by the surgery,  asked if we want the jab and then an appointment will be made for us to have it at the local sports hall.

This week, in our area, they’re still doing the over 75s, next week will be the over 70s and vulnerable (me). 

2 minutes ago, Pheasant said:

Hi Joanne,as i posted somewhere here last week,   We both had sms mobile text, easy to book,went like clockwork,  but ten days later we received a letter full of information,in many languages,asking us to book vaccine!      Wasted money again.!

Just be aware of scam emails,texts,and letters,I have read of lots going on.

I agree but perhaps it had to be so.  The system appears to be only partially de-centralised.

3 minutes ago, Vaguely said:

Joanie, I’ve just had a telephone appointment for my diabetes check up....

You did well our GP surgery are not doing the annual diabetes checks, we both over due.

That’s a shame, David, I had one in August too, had a blood test before both, and have recently had my B12 jab.

To be honest, the phone appointment was pretty much a waste of time regarding my diabetes. The nurse gave me my blood results which I already knew as I’d rung the results line last week, I was asked are my feet ok..yes, my eye test is due...not doing that till I’ve had my jab.

The most useful thing was finding out about how and when jabs are being done.

• Steven locked this topic
  • Steven unlocked this topic