So! are all club sites closed from Thursday?

6 hours ago, kiaboy said:

I think come Monday when everyone is back to work, be it from home or office, we will soon find out. Boris was not going to give his speach until Monday but as usual the press got wind of it from an inside source so had to come on TV to tell the nation, it is time those that leak information from the government to the press are sacked and fined for breaching 

As we sat with great expectation last nigh all the leaking was from the bbc and sky think johnson or cummings were doing the leaking 

1 minute ago, mickfishing said:

As we sat with great expectation last nigh all the leaking was from the bbc and sky think johnson or cummings were doing the leaking 

Hardly irrefutable proof though !

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

33 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Sadly a lot of people seem to have the attitude “These new rules apply to everyone except me because (insert your reason of choice here) “

Dominic Cummings

5 minutes ago, MelHigham said:

Dominic Cummings

Plus Boris s dad Stanley

Not forgetting Jeremy Corbyn

Or Margaret Ferrier (SNP MP)

Or Nicola s  Chief Medical Adviser Dr Catherine Calderwood.

These are the one s caught out-so far😊

After  Prof Whitty had finished his "death by powerpoint" Talk  I had almost lost the will to live!:angry:

Club sites in Scotland?

Read the Covid rules for up here.

It appears I can caravan within my area West Lothian.

Do nt know if the gate on our CASSOA Gold site will be in electronic lock down from today though.

Boris cannot realistically be held responsible for someone else’s actions (his dad) 

But all of the others can and should be held responsible for their personal actions.

20 minutes ago, MelHigham said:

Dominic Cummings

I mentioned him (among others) earlier, and my post mysteriously disappeared.

3 minutes ago, Townie said:

I mentioned him (among others) earlier, and my post mysteriously disappeared.

Likely it will happen again once a moderator/admin get chance to read everything. This site is really busy so it is almost a full time job for them looking after this site.

Please EVERYONE obey ALL the rules. If you do not, never mind a holiday next week,  we will not get one next year!!!!

Never underestimate the power of the moderators! 

I have had a fair few posts removed, some for possibly reasonable reasons, and others for no obvious reason. 

We sign up for the forum and agree to abide abide by the rules, and one of them gives power to the moderators. ‘Spect this one will get removed as well, but at least some will see it first ;)

1 hour ago, Mr Plodd said:

I am amazed that others seem to be surprised that their plans are now off.

This virus is ripping through the population at a terrifying rate, without positive, and decisive, action, hospitals run the very real risk of being totally overwhelmed by Covid cases in a short period of time. 

Wake up people!! This virus is still a killer and we all need to severely limit all types of social interaction to minimise the (currently out of control) spread. If we don’t then frighteningly  large numbers of the population are going to die! 

Missing out on trips away, meals out etc is certainly annoying, but the alternative of death, or long term serious debilitation is infinitely worse.

Suck it up everybody and just be grateful you are able to complain about it,  over 46,000 are not.

I don't always agree with Andy but he is dead to rights on this one!!

What does it matter in the present situation if you can't trip off in your vans and get bleary eyed on wine.  Its irrelevant if sites are open or not YOU JUST CANNOT GO

My heart just bleeds

Edited by robertB
mistake

Putting myself up for a roasting but I have sympathy for Boris and the government. He hasn't delayed lockdown because of some pig-headedness or personal agenda but to protect the economy until it became undeniably evident that a lockdown is required. If the virus could be controlled by targeted measures, that is absolutely preferable to a total lockdown which threatens to bring the country to its knees. 

Criticising him for making a perceived U-turn is just stupid. The government reacts to ever changing circumstances doing the best they can to protect the NHS, save lives and maintain some sort of economy. They are not without fault but its a ***** impossible job!

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

If you are not aware Wales is entering week 2 of a total lockdown (circuit break). Which means I cannot leave Wales, Unless for work, education! Being an NHS employee, I may have to go out of Wales. But as it Stands at the moment, those from England, Scotland, should take a common sense approach and stay away. When BJ announces, what we think will happen, just heard on Radio 2, that it may go way past the 2nd of Dec, if the 'R'  not get to 1 or below.

We were looking at getting a weekend away  at Cheltenham in Dec, but this does not look viable.

If the lockdown dose go on past the 2nd, you may be looking at the type of Christmas, we as a household has experienced for all of our married lives, JUST another Day spent in Work, when the rest of you celebrate, all be it very different for the majority.

I don't think the lock down will go past the 2nd  Dec.   think of the shops over flowing with Christmas shoppers. I know that a lot of folk shop online but  a lot do not and protecting the people has to balance with the economy of the country. This year we will not be buying stocking fillers, just one  or two decent presents each so that we wont be in the shops for too long. 

Edited by joanie

4 minutes ago, joanie said:

I don't think the lock down will go past the 2nd  Dec.   think of the shops over flowing with Christmas shoppers. I know that a lot of folk shop online but  a lot do not and protecting the people has to balance with the economy of the country. This year we will not be buying stocking fillers, just one  or two decent presents each so that we wont be in the shops for too long. 

those areas already in lockdown are still seeing increased covid hospital admissions. They may open the shops for Christmas but keep the leisure venues closed and restrict travel.

10 minutes ago, joanie said:

What shops?? 

All but essential ones will be closed, or have you not been paying attention to what is happening? 

apparently the results we see are a couple of weeks late, sort of, as by the time someone gets the virus and then gets so ill that they need hospital treatment we see the results 2 weeks later, I hope this makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Mr Plodd said:

What shops?? 

All but essential ones will be closed, or have you not been paying attention to what is happening? 

as Dave Capiro said , the shops will be open for Christmas, when the lock down ends.  Toys and gifts will only be sold after the lock down so people have 3 weeks to buy their Christmas gifts and food etc.  which is why I said the shops will be over flowing with Christmas shoppers.

So who's not paying attention now Mr P ?

16 minutes ago, joanie said:

apparently the results we see are a couple of weeks late, sort of, as by the time someone gets the virus and then gets so ill that they need hospital treatment we see the results 2 weeks later, I hope this makes sense. 

as Dave Capiro said , the shops will be open for Christmas, when the lock down ends.  Toys and gifts will only be sold after the lock down so people have 3 weeks to buy their Christmas gifts and food etc.  which is why I said the shops will be over flowing with Christmas shoppers.

So who's not paying attention now Mr P ?

I think most will buy online , they do anyway cyber Monday  etc , the shops won’t be that full . 

Since this whole thing started we do everything online including food shopping it’s brilliant , what a revolution not to have to go into a supermarket to see people having a family day out with their kids feeling all the veg ! The last place I was when I was a kid was shopping ! Even though we are not in lockdown and the shops are open will still use online , it’s brilliant and works for us 

Edited by Guest

44 minutes ago, joanie said:

as Dave Capiro said , the shops will be open for Christmas, when the lock down ends. 

But WILL the shops indeed be open, or the lockdown end,  after 2nd December?? 

Even Boris is saying that it all depends on how things go, and with the attitude that many seem to have in respect of complying with the restrictions I have serious doubts everything will be opening up in a months time. 

We will both know in a months times ,

I hope that you are right and I am wrong, but I’m certainly not holding my breath on it. !

Time will tell (my fingers are crossed anyway)