Radio in a Compass Camino

Hi, I hope somebody will know this , I have order a new Compass Camino 554 and my dealer, Compass web site , Compass customer services can't tell what model of Pioneer radio is in the van. I currently have a good Sony dab bluetooth radio in my current van and don't know if I should take it out before I trade it in . Thank you 

Baza

I have a Bailey and do not know if they work same as Compass but my new caravan came to dealer with radio still in its box unfitted .

Why not ask your dealer when he gets your caravan to look at box to give you make/model of radio and then decide which you prefer and get him to fit your choice.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

I note your Sony is DAB why not look at the brochure specification of your new caravan to see if that is a DAB also.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

6 hours ago, David 38 said:

I note your Sony is DAB why not look at the brochure specification of your new caravan to see if that is a DAB also.

Unfortunately it doesnt state the model or if its a dab or not

The only people to know for certain will be the manufacturer and/or dealer...

I once had a (very minor) battle with a dealer over a new caravan radio - the one supplied was not the one shown in the brochure pictures (and lower grade)...  Soon got it swapped for the correct one.  As said they are all kept boxed in 'the stores' and what you get may be 'pot luck' if they don't have proper processes to keep parts allocated by VIN or similar  ;)

Bat it back to Elddis CS and get them to investigate and come back with a definitive answer?  Someone in technical and/or purchasing and/or quality control will have that info.  Ask the MD / CEO if you get the brush-off?

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

You may well find that the radio make and model varies according what the maker's buying dept could get at the best price at the time!

That will vary in time, not caravan model.

The only way to find out is take it out and look.

Didn't you get any instructions with it that said make and model?

Sorry, just reread your post and you haven't got the van yet, but the principle still applies.

Edited by daveat92
49 minutes ago, Baza Preston said:

Unfortunately it doesn't state the model or if its a dab or not

Well I guess it won't be DAB.   On the sales brochure for optional extras does it give ones for better entertainment systems being chosen?

Regards, David

Hi this is my first post so here goes...

Ive just received my new Compass Kensington 586 2020 model a very long wait as ordered from the NEC back in February and this van came with a Pioneer MVH-S110UB Car Stereo they retail for £35, Very basic with no cd slot or bluetooth but does have 1 usb slot. I traded in a 6 year old lunar that  had a very nice unbranded sterio with an sd slot, usb slot,bluetooth and cd slot typical;) I hope this helps?

2 hours ago, Mark 29 said:

Ive just received my new Compass Kensington 586 2020 model a very long wait as ordered from the NEC back in February and this van came with a Pioneer MVH-S110UB Car Stereo they retail for £35, Very basic with no cd slot or bluetooth but does have 1 usb slot. I traded in a 6 year old lunar that  had a very nice unbranded sterio with an sd slot, usb slot,bluetooth and cd slot typical;) I hope this helps?

I would be inclined to check with Compass to ensure that you have the correct radio. It is not unknown for some unscrupulous dealers to fit an alternative cheaper radio - after all where is the make/model of radio included in the sale documentation? You will only confirm it by the radio handbook provided.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

9 hours ago, Woodentop said:

I would be inclined to check with Compass to ensure that you have the correct radio. It is not unknown for some unscrupulous dealers to fit an alternative cheaper radio - after all where is the make/model of radio included in the sale documentation? You will only confirm it by the radio handbook provided.

Why would a dealer do that? The radio is not provided by the dealer, it comes with the van from the manufacturer. I’d take the radio out of the van I was trading in and fit it to the new one. Do you still have the original radio that it replaced. If not and the fact your trade in doesn’t have a radio is a deal breaker you can buy a cheapie off eBay for a few quid and throw that in it.

when we bought our current van I fitted a DAB radio with Bluetooth USB etc etc. I don’t think we’ve ever used it as we us an iPad linked to a mifi  Bluetoothed to a Bose Soundlink Mini  and either use the BBC sounds app or Spotify. 

10 hours ago, Woodentop said:

.....You will only confirm it by the radio handbook provided.

I would think handbooks will contain all types that might be fitted, for whatever

reason.

Tuningdrew

I think your suggestion of getting a cheapo from Ebay etc. and putting that in present caravan is best after taking his upmarket unit out along with any adapters for aerials he had to provide for it.

I's the DAB aerial arrangement where getting the dealer to fit it would go wrong, is my thought.

So best doing everything himself.

Selling the brand new unopened radio on Ebay at the end or keeping it safe until he next changes caravan.

Edited by David 38

Regards, David

14 hours ago, Mark 29 said:

Thank you Mark , that was very helpful