Mokka 1.4T SE AUTO 140BHP

Hello everyone I just wanted to ask has anyone towed a caravan with a mokka 1.4t if so can you please let me no what it is like to tow as I don't no if I want to tow with it as few people are saying yes tow and try it and others are saying no they would never tow with it. 

It's all subjective Benny, one person will tell you its terrible and the next person will sing its praises.

As long as your weights are okay, I'd say go for it. The car is type approved to tow and it has the power to do it.

• Like 1

Lunar Solaris 524

Isn't this the same discussion as your other thread? 

Ern

I've never towed with one but I've read three towing reports about them including whattowcar awards and they are marked down for poor stability in every test.

Yeti 2.0TDi DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Citigo ASG, Swift Challenger.

11 hours ago, Ern said:

Isn't this the same discussion as your other thread? 

No!!! The other post was about the weights and this is to see if anyone has towed with a mokka I hope this is OK with you.. 

2 hours ago, logiclee said:

I've never towed with one but I've read three towing reports about them including whattowcar awards and they are marked down for poor stability in every test.

Yeah I have heard this as well. 

Thanks for the comment 😊

12 hours ago, littlebasher said:

It's all subjective Benny, one person will tell you its terrible and the next person will sing its praises.

As long as your weights are okay, I'd say go for it. The car is type approved to tow and it has the power to do it.

I understand mate it's just I have kids and don't want to put them and myself in danger so I think I will upgrade thanks for your time.. 

Happy caravaning 

If you do decide to change it don't go asking for recommendations! You'll get about 200 options with everyone convinced theirs is the best! lol

• Haha 1

Thought that I would comment on here I have purchased a caravan and towed it back with the mokka in a storm of 50mph winds the car is brillaint stable and comfortable, I will say though when you are going up hill she takes a while to pick up speed and drops to a low gear but take your time and it's fine.. The weight of the van is 1230kg and miro of 998kg so as long as I don't fill her up she will be in weight.. 

If anyone is wondering will the mokka be a good tow car then the answer is yes if you are an experienced driver.. Don't be put of by what people have put on this forum because the car has a weight limit for a reason.. 

Because of its very low towing limit I doubt there are any people on here using one. The car looks a decent tow car in that it has the wheels right in the corners which is always a good point but Vauxhall do not seem to put them into towing tests, presumably as they have some doubts as to the sales they can get, even from a good review. 

If you can find a caravan it can tow and you are happy with that caravan then there should be no problem trying to tow with the Mokka, but otherwise a car with more towing capacity looks the best option at the moment.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

Because of its very low towing limit I doubt there are any people on here using one. The car looks a decent tow car in that it has the wheels right in the corners which is always a good point but Vauxhall do not seem to put them into towing tests, presumably as they have some doubts as to the sales they can get, even from a good review. 

If you can find a caravan it can tow and you are happy with that caravan then there should be no problem trying to tow with the Mokka, but otherwise a car with more towing capacity looks the best option at the moment.

Thank you for the comment I understand that the car is not massive tow car and may not of been in any awards for towing but the vauxhall is stated brillaint tow cars as the insignia 2.0 has been rated very good. 

I will be upgrading as I would like something bigger but at this moment in time I do not have the money to upgrade as I'm half way through a finance on it. I have towed the caravan 300 miles home in a storm and she towed surprisingly very well but that is with myself a hgv class 1 driver I wouldn't suggest to people who are new to towing to tow with one.. 

But for me it's not a bad tow car