Buccaneer Bermuda 2021

Does a new Buccaneer come with the ALDE battery backup fitted ?  ( 2 x AA batts I believe)

Thanks for all the info , we could be in luck and collect next week 

Edited by outnumbered

KIA SORENTO KX3 2012 Bailey Pageant Limousin SERIES 7 1700 kg

volvo xc70 D5 se

Jacko 1

Do consider carefully if the L shaped lounge really works for you. We were wowed by the boutique nature of the 2020 Barracuda but where do two of you sit to watch the telly? Having a 30 kilo dog bombing around and having to put up the table from the side locker to eat (or eat off your knees whilst fending off the dog), we went with the conventional dinette/Commodore layout with the simple pull out table for eating. Telly watching is comfortable for both occupants with the TV mounted on the bulkhead by the door. Dog is well out of the way on the floor between the front lockers. Its only a thought but worth considering. Works for us. Our Bucc dealer was over an hour away - enjoy the tow home!

Edited by yorkyguy

6 minutes ago, yorkyguy said:

Jacko 1

Do consider carefully if the L shaped lounge really works for you. We were wowed by the boutique nature of the 2020 Barracuda but where do two of you sit to watch the telly? Having a 30 kilo dog bombing around and having to put up the table from the side locker to eat (or eat off your knees whilst fending off the dog), we went with the conventional dinette/Commodore layout with the simple pull out table for eating. Telly watching is comfortable for both occupants with the TV mounted on the bulkhead by the door. Dog is well out of the way on the floor between the front lockers. Its only a thought but worth considering. Works for us. Our Bucc dealer was over an hour away - enjoy the tow home!

Thanks we have had an L shape before many moons ago . No dogs lost both 18 months ago , it will only be two adults. This is a treat for both of us and as said the first New van in over 40 years so really looking forward to it . 
thanks for your help appreciated 

Mike 

volvo xc70 D5 se

Write a list of everything you would like to know or check and cross the items off one at a time.

SIT DOWN and TAKE YOUR TIME, dont be rushed!

The idea of using your phone to video or just record what you are told is excellent.

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No battery back up on the Alde panel easy to do. Mind you it remembers all your settings ie day night mode, leccy or gas priority and temp any way=the only thing it forgets  is the time-v easy to set so can't see the point!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Collected the Bermuda today as it was ready for collection earlier due to not going away to the lockdown measure. The handover went well and a couple of small issues where rectified there and then, we received full part x price which was good . So all in all a good experience. I will have a few questions later about the levelling system later on 

thanks for your time 

mike

2FE6ECAD-2D9A-43CC-8E01-FFC38D931614.jpeg

• Like 1

volvo xc70 D5 se

Looking good.

Very interested in your thoughts on how the XC90 tows it.  What did you tow before ?

6 hours ago, karlak said:

Looking good.

Very interested in your thoughts on how the XC90 tows it.  What did you tow before ?

Swift Conqueror 645 , the Xc is the 200 bhp with polestar upgrade. Although the the van was not loaded it felt okay 

Mike 

volvo xc70 D5 se

Ask away 're ep. Amazing system.

• Thanks 1

Must be a mid life crisis, we've not had a caravan for almost 20 years but can't wait to take delivery of our 2021 Commodore.

Has anyone any experience with Satellite tv? 

Aircon anyone?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Might be wise to ask the dealer to put the heating on Using electric only for at least 24 hours before you collect.

I read an article about an Alde system that stuck on heat (if I recall correctly) on a new buc & the owners had to get it fixed. It didn’t come up on the handover as the dealer only demonstrated it operating for a short while.

We’ve a new Commodore due for collection in February, can’t wait & I’ve a long wish list of gadgets & boys toys to add.

Thinking of adding aircon, we had it years ago wouldn’t be without it, anyone any experience?

7 minutes ago, SteveH2020 said:

Thinking of adding aircon, we had it years ago wouldn’t be without it, anyone any experience?

We had aircon on our last van and had it fitted to our recently acquired new one. It's a boon in very hot weather abroad especially for a blast before retiring to help one sleep. We don't like running actually overnight to avoid any potential disturbance to others. Don't expect a van aircon to be as effective as that in a car - bigger volume, less power, but for us worthwhile.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

Would recommend A/C even if you only stay in UK.

As has been correctly stated the cooling effect is much less than in your car because the current draw must be limited and there is a large volume to cool. Brilliant if can be left on for extended periods on "Auto". Also the bonus of dehumidification :)

Two choices:

1. Roof mounted.

Pros: Cheapest, quickest option. Ideal for open plan layout. No impact on storage.

Cons: May have to lose a roof light. Less effective in multi room layout unless you leave all doors open. Can be noisy, both inside and out (may be an issue with neighbours).

2. Locker mounted.

Pros: Ducts take cool air to where it is needed even in multi room layout. No unit on roof. Quieter inside and much quieter from the outside (can run 24/7 with no guilt!). No loss of roof light.

Cons: Much more expensive to fit (units similar price, but high labour charge for ducting, etc). Lose some locker space. Not as many places will fit it.

If you've not seen an locker mounted install before you can see my DIY install by following the link below.

Sorry but you'll need to scroll down a bit to the A/C install section.

https://www.ukzero.com/CaravanM.htm

Hi Ukzero,

Thanks for your reply, you’ve done some amazing work on your van, thought I was alone beating the manufacturers at their own game!

I take your point about your air on installation but think we”ll have to take the roof mounted domestic install or I’ll end up invalidating the warramty

• Like 1

No problem. Hope it was of use anyway.

Regarding warranty, my supplying dealer and Swift were unusually sensible, which is why I did this work on a new van.

If a defect is due to my DIY, for example a leak around a hole I have drilled, then it's down to me.

If a leak occurred around a window, which I hadn't touched, then it's a warranty issue.

This attitude was refreshing and unexpected! No idea how Elddis would approach this.

• Like 1

Morning & Happy New Year!

I forgot to ask, what make of float switch have you used pls?

Can’t see the point of reinventing the wheel so I’d like to copy if that’s ok?

On 03/01/2021 at 09:29, SteveH2020 said:

Morning & Happy New Year!

I forgot to ask, what make of float switch have you used pls?

Can’t see the point of reinventing the wheel so I’d like to copy if that’s ok?

Which float switch? Aquaroll or Wastemaster? Either way I used a cheapo Ebay item such as 

This type of thing...

You flip the float to give NO or NC contact. Low current, so relays will be needed if running pumps.

You are welcome to copy. But I should warn you - if you are referring to my Aquaroll changeover system, when I first devised it back in 1999 I was told then (and on this forum just last year by some) that it is pointless and a waste of time and effort ;)

Cheers,

I was referring to the waste & funnily enough ordered the same float switch earlier today :)

I’ve a feeling we’ll opt for the roof mounted aircon & get it dealer fit before taking delivery (if we’re not all locked down anytime soon) to make life easier 

• 6 months later...
On 28/10/2020 at 07:33, Jezzerb said:

Also don't look for the flush tank for the loo-there isn't one-it comes from the water supply . One less job!

But most of all enjoy-we are out in ours now with feet warmed by the underfloor heating cosy and enjoying the sunrise.

My inside temperature says 30 degrees and it’s nowhere near that! Where’s the temperature reading taken from and will the heating stay off whilst the temperature is reading 30 or above?

Temp sensor is behind that panel i think-not the best-and we have our offset set to -4 From memory-that makes it far more accurate.

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.