Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

Given the second wave numbers of infections  around the world  it’s hard not to question what exactly is happening in China.


Aside from the fact they have supposedly had only 10% of the UK deaths, why are they not experiencing a second wave?

 

Last month they claimed to have tested 9million of the 11million residents of Wuhan ...and found 10 cases. Apparently, all people who had arrived from overseas. 
Two weeks ago they planned to test another city of nearly 9million in 5 days.  There has been no increase in their cases despite this extensive exercise.


They have recorded less than 20 cases each day over the last week.
 

So are they just lying?  
Do they already have a vaccine in operation? 
If so how come they aren’t sharing development information with the west?

 

I read they were planning to send their ‘test ‘ vaccine to Brazil. 
 

It will be interesting to see if Brazil’s fortunes start to reverse like China’s.

 

 

7D4B3685-A180-42AD-8778-326E2F4FEC22.png

Edited by ericfield
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work with a lot of younger people and am hearing the same thing from them and I think they have the right attitude.  Why should we listen to a government that change their minds every other day and

My take is that as it’s man-made they’ve  had the vaccine for the virus they created right from the word go before deliberately releasing it into the world to cause economic mayhem. 

I am not saying money is more important than life, just that somebody will have to pay for this mess and for a long time. I know from previous posts that if you disagree with lockdowns on here the maj

Posted Images

My take is that as it’s man-made they’ve  had the vaccine for the virus they created right from the word go before deliberately releasing it into the world to cause economic mayhem. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • I agree completely 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for direct comparison.
One of the best European performers, Germany’s active cases with China’s figures superimposed on same scale and timeline....

B381070A-E600-44AA-9B4B-522BA89ED184.jpeg
 

The point is, leaving aside their supposedly successful draconian response to controlling the contagion, IF the immunity to the virus diminishes rapidly as per today’s Imperial College revelation....how come they haven’t started even a minor second wave from repeat infection, given their earlier start in the pandemic?

 

Very puzzling and to be honest I can’t see why the West haven’t got an answer to these questions.

Edited by ericfield
Link to post
Share on other sites

With different methods of counting being employed in different countries at different times and the reputation of certain countries for being economical with the truth it is impossible to draw meaningful conclusions. 

  • Like 1
  • I agree completely 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stevan said:

With different methods of counting being employed in different countries at different times and the reputation of certain countries for being economical with the truth it is impossible to draw meaningful conclusions. 

I can understand that, but you would think if China’s was wanting  to refute the claims it was engineered by them and they had a vaccine already...they would at least give fudged numbers that mirror every other countries trends.

 

They are glaringly so far out of step, that surely it cannot be down to how numbers are counted? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ericfield said:

I can understand that, but you would think if China’s was wanting  to refute the claims it was engineered by them and they had a vaccine already...they would at least give fudged numbers that mirror every other countries trends.

 

They are glaringly so far out of step, that surely it cannot be down to how numbers are counted? 

You could be right, but I suspect that they understated the first wave so badly that there is hardly anybody left who has not had the disease to be caught by the second wave.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are so many lies and untruths coming out of the media all round the world it's difficult to know exactly what figures to believe from anywhere.  With so much mistrust between China and the rest of the world any figures that do get released are possibly massively manipulated beforehand.

 

The only news I ever believe is the weather forecast that I personally forecast by sticking my head out of the window.  It's currently cool and dry right up to the end of next doors garden.

  • I agree completely 4

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stevan said:

You could be right, but I suspect that they understated the first wave so badly that there is hardly anybody left who has not had the disease to be caught by the second wave.

If you  believe the Imperial College findings released this morning, the immunity subsides rapidly meaning a re-infection (without a vaccine) will be possible.  It’s behaviour is more like the common cold, in that you don’t build up lasting immunity. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GaryB1969 said:

There are so many lies and untruths coming out of the media all round the world it's difficult to know exactly what figures to believe from anywhere.  With so much mistrust between China and the rest of the world any figures that do get released are possibly massively manipulated beforehand.

 

The only news I ever believe is the weather forecast that I personally forecast by sticking my head out of the window.  It's currently cool and dry right up to the end of next doors garden.

Ordinarily I would agree with you, but if someone has the answer to improving our lives right now, then I for one would appreciate them sharing it... to save me stood staring out of my window for the next 12months or more. 😀 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I read that the Chinese government does not count those who test positive but are asymptomatic, only those who test positive AND have symptoms.

2017 Lunar Solaris 462, Mercedes B200 Exec CDI Auto

Link to post
Share on other sites

...and bearing in mind that their economic growth has grown over 10% and growing.  Whereas the rest of the world is flagging.   Yes, I would think its man-made, and they send their infected population abroad to spread it all over the planet, and will keep re-infection the planet so it will never go away.  Also, even if it wasn't manmade, are they really going to tell us whether a lot of their population is infected but making sure they have still to go to work to keep their economy growing, whilst everywhere else is dropping

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing for sure is that it started in China,  they've been hardly affected by it, & it has spread all round the planet with devastating consequences.  The only country benefiting at all from it being China, with world-wide sales of PPE equipment & future vaccine sales........They have had (supposedly) a 10% increase in production whilst the rest of the world flounders. Call that a coincidence if you like but it's a mighty big one don't you think?.
There is (hopefully) going to be a backlash against widespread importing from China & a repatriating of much needed currency & jobs.  The security of this country has been sacrificed for the benefit of a few greedy entrepreneurs (assisted by equally greedy  politicians!) & we are now paying the price.

  • I agree completely 2

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Russia announced 2 months ago it had a vaccine, but theres been nothing about it since, and their figures are increasing.

So governments tell you what they want to and conspiracy theorist rush to fill in the gaps.

 

I'm still inclined to believe a scientist overall politician.

 

  • I agree completely 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tuningdrew said:

My take is that as it’s man-made they’ve  had the vaccine for the virus they created right from the word go before deliberately releasing it into the world to cause economic mayhem. 

I think that circulating conspiracy theories like this is very unwise.  The vast majority of the scientific community agree that it is a natural development of a virus that was infecting bats.

  • I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DACS said:

I think that circulating conspiracy theories like this is very unwise.  The vast majority of the scientific community agree that it is a natural development of a virus that was infecting bats.

Until China allows an international investigation into the origin of the virus we will never know, even if China does.

  • I agree completely 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Paul1957 said:

Until China allows an international investigation into the origin of the virus we will never know, even if China does.

"Researchers led by Shan-Lu Liu at the Ohio State University say there is “no credible evidence” of genetic engineering (Emerging Microbes & Infections, doi.org/dpvw). The virus’s genome has been sequenced, and if it had been altered, we would expect to see signs of inserted gene sequences. But we now know the points that differ from bat viruses are scattered in a fairly random way, just as they would be if the new virus had evolved naturally."  New Scientist.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DACS said:

"Researchers led by Shan-Lu Liu at the Ohio State University say there is “no credible evidence” of genetic engineering

Researchers led by Shan-Lu Liu ?

Ohio State University ?

Unfortunately the researcher has an oriental name and is working in the land of fake news - Hmmm :unsure:

  • Haha 1

A researcher will reason, while the ignorant argue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t believe it was a deliberate release of the virus by China. Viruses don’t want to kill off their hosts or they themselves die also.  Similarly China wouldn’t want to kill off the markets for their continue expansionism.


Leaving aside the question as to the exact origin of the virus (natural or accidental release) the issue for me is not so much the absolute numbers coming out of China, which could be manipulated, but the complete prevention of a second wave in their country.  

Right now, if nothing else, you would think that they might at least be sharing with the world how they are achieving it...even if they involve methods that aren’t readily embraced in western societies. 
 

 

Edited by ericfield
  • I agree completely 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/10/2020 at 15:03, Tuningdrew said:

My take is that as it’s man-made they’ve  had the vaccine for the virus they created right from the word go before deliberately releasing it into the world to cause economic mayhem. 

And your proof is what?????? The US, despite Trump's desperation to find any, has failed to do so.

And what would they gain from it?

 

Anyway, I have it from a reliable source that it's all just a hoax and part of a world wide plot to allow the elite to control the world. And 9/11 never happened, nor did man land on the moon.

Edited by daveat92
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric, I can't speak for mainland China and can only give you  the latest news from a son in Hong Kong. They had a spike of cases in July but stamped firmly on it and controlled it. Total deaths since the virus first started are still only 105 in a crowded city population of 7 million. 

 

They had just one local case last week and none  this week   They are finding a few imported cases every week - five were on an Air India flight so they have banned Air India again.  They test everyone coming through the airport . United Kingdom still  doesn't . 

 

Absolutely everyone in  Hong Kong has worn masks all this year right from the beginning when outside the house and  has carried sanitiser wherever they go.  They have taken it much more seriously than we have and have been much more successful at identifying infected people and isolating them - compulsorily if need be.  Test and trace in UK has failed utterly. 

Edited by moorgate
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn't surprise me if China has perfected and already has an effective vaccine. I believe any Covid vaccine will be annual just like the current flu jab. 

I am sure at some stage the vaccine might be offered to the rest of the world but on Chinese terms which might not be good. 

The trouble with China is that it is a very secretive Communist state they will only release what they want the Western world to know. They could have lost hundreds of thousands of lives in wave 1 but they are unlikely to admit it. 

The trouble with the UK is people have failed to do as they are told and we are now paying the price with the second wave the sooner we all take this seriously the sooner the situation and our lives will improve. At the moment this is not happening. 

 

Edited by David55
  • Like 1
  • I agree completely 3

David

Nissan X-Trail Adventura KIA Sorento & Elddis Affinity 554

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, David55 said:

The trouble with the UK is people have failed to do as they are told and we are now paying the price with the second wave the sooner we all take this seriously the sooner the situation and our lives will improve. At the moment this is not happening. 

Well said David and this is something I have been banging on about since March!

  • I agree completely 3

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, David55 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if China has perfected and already has an effective vaccine. I believe any Covid vaccine will be annual just like the current flu jab. 

I am sure at some stage the vaccine might be offered to the rest of the world but on Chinese terms which might not be good. 

The trouble with China is that it is a very secretive Communist state they will only release what they want the Western world to know. They could have lost hundreds of thousands of lives in wave 1 but they are unlikely to admit it. 

The trouble with the UK is people have failed to do as they are told and we are now paying the price with the second wave the sooner we all take this seriously the sooner the situation and our lives will improve. At the moment this is not happening. 

 

Like, going to the pub and back to work and restaurants, the latter of which was encouraged by HM Gov to the extent they were subsiding the meals with your taxes? And remember, there was no need to wear face masks in the restaurants until very recently.

  • I agree completely 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Melbourne, Vic, Australia. We have just emerged from a very strict lockdown that started in early July. All  cafe's, retail, pubs, etc have just reopend, but with strict limitations re distancing and numbers. Hopefully, we have learnt to avoid the mistakes that caused the 2nd wave (miniscule compared to your part of the world but large compared to the other states and NZ). We are still limited to travel within 25K of home, but this will be lifted on the 8th/11 hopefully. We still cannot travel to other states, let alone OS. We all wear masks, no argument. Community discipline certainly helps. I went for a walk along Puckle st today (our 'high' street), and it was pretty busy, cafe's etc, but everyone was wearing their mask.  Once the travel limit is lifted, we will dust off the caravan and head out into regionall Victoria. We have a daughter in Dubbo, mid west NSW, about 800K from here. If Gladys (NSW premier) opens the border,  we may be able to get up there for Christmas.

Diesel Pathfinder 140kw/450nm towing off road Trakmaster 16' Nullarbor caravan.
690 watt solar, 300 amphr Lifep04, 3 x 85 L water tanks. Airbag suspension.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...