Hi folks,  I have a problem. Can anyone please tell me the size of the bolts that mount the hitch/handbrake to the A frame.  These are under the plastic A frame on Bailey Pegasus 646. Many thanks Chris 

Do you mean the actual size of the bolts (I.e. their diameter and thread size) or the size of spanner that’s need to tighten/loosen them??

Second question is why you want that information in the first place as they are not something that ever wear, or need tightening or undoing. 

If its the spanner size you want just measure across the flats of the head, it will be a whole number of mm, probably 17 or 19 

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Hi my son wanted to help change the pads in the hitch head. Instead of working upside down he removed the whole unit from the chassis. Long story the rear bolt that holds the cage together got lost! Note to self don't leave a teenager loose on the caravan. Many thanks Chris 

M12 x 80mm with self-locking nuts. (On my Swift, but I'm sure they're fairly standard).

Edited by Eddie
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

M12 x 80mm with self-locking nuts.

Have a look at the grade which is shown on the head of the screws. Its likely to be 10.8 and not the 8.8 of a standard hardware shop.   (The 10 is the tensile strength in KN).  To be safe why not buy them from an AL-KO service workshop? A bit dearer but safer.

Ern

Have a look HERE

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

3 minutes ago, JanandJay said:

Have a look HERE

Select the one described as 10.9 from the two listed.

Ern

Hi all many thanks for your replies and help but the bolt he lost isn't shown on the AL-KO page how ever the holes are near the number 14 grease nipples. I think I have to find an AL-KO agent. Again many thanks Chris. 

Your local caravan dealership should be able to help.

Take some photos with you if you can't take the actual item.

15 minutes ago, daveat92 said:

Your local caravan dealership should be able to help.

Take some photos with you if you can't take the actual item.

Zeberdee said........................Long story the rear bolt that holds the cage together got lost!

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Zeberdee said:

Hi all many thanks for your replies and help but the bolt he lost isn't shown on the AL-KO page how ever the holes are near the number 14 grease nipples. I think I have to find an AL-KO agent. Again many thanks Chris. 

It sounds like you mean the bolts whch fasten the whole front assembly to the chassis A frame. Presumably you can measure the length of the bolts you have. They are probably 30mm but could be 40mm. They are M12 . All the AL-KO stockists have them and they are fairly cheap. Phone Western Towing at Exeter 01392 216336. They have a web site but its not working at for some reason today.

Edited by Ern

Ern

1 hour ago, Silversurf said:

Zeberdee said........................Long story the rear bolt that holds the cage together got lost!

I did say "Take some photos with you if you can't take the actual item."