Bessacarr caravan - can anyone tell me if this van charges the battery when the van is plugged into the mains

Hello 

we have a Bessacarr 470/2 1994 with the original control panel 

the panel has water pump on right, middle says battery meter and left switch says car, off, van. 

sooooo can anyone tell me if this van charges the battery when the van is plugged into the mains 

thank you for reading 

internet pic for clarity

25759CD1-5526-45C6-B099-4D713AD43A0C.jpeg

The 'car,off,van' switch selects the source of caravan 12v .. nothing to do with charging .. the battery should be charging whenever connected to mains ..

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

Almost certainly yes. Assuming you have a battery fitted! 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

If you have the ehu plugged in, the two left switches down, the lights on and the battery monitor shows 13 or 14 volts it is definitely charging!

Thank you all - Very much appreciated and glad I waS proved wrong with the title. The title came from complete exhaustion of trying the find the answer on the internet. I’m surprised anyone knew as the van seems apparently too old to find any useful technical info.......

although we’ve got lucky (we’ve only just bought it)  and it’s been obviously very well looked after all it’s life it also seems to have been retrofitted with certain bits and There’s just a few niggles to iron out before taking it out 

with our previous caravans we always packed the toolkit before the clothes so we’re trying to get this one right while it’s still at home! 

• Grandpa Steve changed the title to Bessacarr caravan - can anyone tell me if this van charges the battery when the van is plugged into the mains

Hi Sophie - suggest you join the Bessacarr Owners Club - look it up online. You can get answers to most questions from the members - and join in social events ( when they are allowed again ! ) 

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

5 hours ago, ivan leslie said:

Hi Sophie - suggest you join the Bessacarr Owners Club - look it up online. You can get answers to most questions from the members - and join in social events ( when they are allowed again ! ) 

Thank you I have looked at that and considered it. I think it may be worthwhile due to the difficulty in finding technical info online about the van