Ranger underbody blown air

Hi caravan hive-mind.

Does anyone who has, or had, a S5 Ranger know if the blown air heating pipe for the bathroom passes under the floor outside the body?  I’d look at ours but it’s 90 minuets away in storage so I’m hoping someone here knows.

We are planning a week away in November, regulations permitting, and if it does pass under the body I’d like to plan to insulate it before we go.

thanks 😀

We used pipe lagging on ours where it went outside, to make it mor efficient! It worked well!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

We lagged ours with thin lagging then some insulation bubble wrap and insulation tape from screwfix, finished off with some tie wraps to hold in place.

20190825_145403~2.jpg

Edited by Mrpotts

I have some split high density foam insulation that is the correct size to lag the heating ducting. if anyone is interested  PM me 

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Sadly, it looks as if the November week away will not be happening now.

What wall thickness of insulation are people using on the underneath ducting, it seems the foam type in 64 mm ID can be 9 or 13 mm ?

The thicker the better would be my choice UNLESS there’s an issue with the space available around the trunking.

• Thanks 1

I will have to look under the caravan next time I go to the storage and see what will fit. As it is, the back end of the caravan does not get warm enough on the blown heating, probably due to the piping being underneath.

13 minutes ago, Paul1957 said:

As it is, the back end of the caravan does not get warm enough on the blown heating, probably due to the piping being underneath.

Undoubtedly true! I had exactly the same problem with the front not getting warm due to the uninsulated heater trunking being routed outside. Rubbish design that should never have been allowed to happen.