Help with gas connector types please

Took my time to came back and confirm that the connector that was recommended by @Laurent works great! I just hooked it up and fired up my oven as a test and it works great.

as I mentioned above, i never used gas in camper before. one side has NO rubber washer, is it suppose to be like that? I didn't smell nor hear any leakage, so I think it's fine? I tightened it really hard with wrench, so I guess copper is soft enough to smoosh it a bit and create perfect seal?

I mean I put my ear against the connector and didn't hear any sizzling coming from it and after a minute or so I didn't smell any gas either. (it's the regulator side, with that cone-shaped end)

On 27/10/2020 at 02:30, Silversurf said:

Has he purchased, or obtained, the wrong bottle where he is at the moment ?

You can't buy UK bottles in EU, maybe in some special places, but I'm not aware of those and we had one bottle laying around, there's no point wasting money (which i don't have) on another bottle if I already have one, filled up and ready to use!

Thanks again everyone for help and suggestions.

24 minutes ago, Morlord said:

as I mentioned above, i never used gas in camper before. one side has NO rubber washer, is it suppose to be like that? I didn't smell nor hear any leakage, so I think it's fine? I tightened it really hard with wrench, so I guess copper is soft enough to smoosh it a bit and create perfect seal?

If you are using a butane connector with a male thread on the cylinder and a flat mating surface then it needs a rubber washer.  There is only one washer and it normally stays in the female connector on the hose or regulator.  Calr Gas propane cylinders come with a plastic cap on them which also contains a washer.

The propane connector has a female thread on the cylinder and the mating surface, which you can see on the regulator or hose fitting, has a rounded, conical end which des not need a washer.

5 minutes ago, DACS said:

If you are using a butane connector with a male thread on the cylinder and a flat mating surface then it needs a rubber washer.  There is only one washer and it normally stays in the female connector on the hose or regulator.  Calr Gas propane cylinders come with a plastic cap on them which also contains a washer.

The propane connector has a female thread on the cylinder and the mating surface, which you can see on the regulator or hose fitting, has a rounded, conical end which des not need a washer.

thx, yeah it's the "cone" shaped connector, so common sense told me it doesn't need a washer. other side has 2 washers. either way I don't see nor smell any leaks, so i'm quite sure it's ok. Even if there's a tiny, tiny leak that is not detectable, who cares. It's outside and it would take like a year for bottle to run empty, so not really worried if there's some micro leak.

The image of the regulator you put a link to in the opening post, has a (European)  POL standard  connection. These are as standard a metal to metal connection.  There are versions of non standard POL connections that have a "rubber" nose piece, yours has not. 

Your image of the bottle, with  what is  commonly called a  male LH "butane" thread, has a captive washer, already fitted correctly.

Edited by JTQ