Is it too early to start talking about Christmas and New Year plans?

We’ve never considered using the caravan at Christmas or New Year, given we’ve young children and usually with lots of family and friends to meet with (we are very fortunate yes). However, this year we thinking of a few days away over New Year given the likely restrictions around parties, social events and mixing within households. 

Do we (as a forum collective) think there will in a spike in booking on sites this year?

Have you started making your own plans and making bookings?

How do you select what sites to book during the Christmas/holidays and New Year?

Interested in your views and experiences.

Ted :)

Being retired, we are away in the van all year round (in normal times) and have at least a week away, every month - including Christmas. I don't think we've had Christmas at home for at least the last 7 years. I booked Sandringham CMC site months ago on the basis that I expected a particularly high demand, this Christmas.  Whether or not we get to go is very much in the lap of the gods - and Boris!

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695

I booked a site near keswick in the lake district this year for Christmas new year. We have done Christmas in the van several times now but struggled this year to get in any where when we started to look in September as our usual site has been taken over by the camping caravan club and not open due to refurb.

my advice is do it as its great but certainly this year you may find that sites are all ready fully booked

“Is it too early to start talking about Christmas and New Year plans?”

Definitely not Teddy  …. Maxcat at started a thread on this over a month ago … 

John