I’m new to static caravan owning and been told by the person who sorts my letting for me that they have found mice droppings, my van is spotless as i clean it myself and her cleaners do it when I’m not there, I really do t know what to do about it as I’ve never had to deal with this before 

can anyone give me advice i don’t want my van recked by mice, I can’t get down there at the mo either due to being in tier 3 lockdown 

ask them to set a mouse trap or put poison down.

find out where the mice are getting in and protect that area

macafee2

• I agree completely 1

The best solution is to cut off the problem at source, i.e. stop the mice getting in, although given that they can get in through a tiny space this can be easier said than done.  Don't leave food in the van as this can attract them - again, easier said than done as even crumbs on the floor can attract them.

Traps will catch some mice, but unless you can stop them getting in, others will just come in to replace those you catch.  The problem with poison is that if the mice crawl off and die in a corner somewhere, the resulting smell is decidedly unpleasant!

You will never be sure that you have sealed every possible entry point so put some traps on guard.

I set six every time we leave ours, have personal experience as to what the family of one pregnant mouse entering can do.

Wouldn't sleep at night without our traps set and not knowing what could be going on.

Work on the basis that they will get in, set traps and you will get no nasty surprises.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

Are you sure business trips are not allowed when in tier 3 since this will be to look after your letting business ? You might have to pay a local professional to sort the mice since you will likely not be able to stay there overnight, they will hopefully put down traps and block any  openings. Could be a past holiday renter left some food down that attracted the mice.