Chinese diesel heater: lowering the heat output

Hi everyone 

I have a chinese diesel heater and I am thrilled with it. Fantastic bit it kit. The only issue is its too powerful for my 10 foot Cadet caravan...even on its lowest setting.

The controllers are able to be overwritten within its  advanced settings which are protected with a pincode. Settings you can override are pump frequency, fan speed, voltage etc.

The minimum factory fuel pump pulse rate i believe is 1.4hz. The advanced setting allow this to be changed to a minimum of 0.8hz.  My questions is to any experts with one of these units.....if I lower the minimum pulse rate in order to reduce the heat output, will i do any damage to the machine or risk a malfunction?

Thanks 

Edited by Willbiker

I would suggest looking on Facebook as there are a few user groups on there that appear to have very good technical areas. If you don't do FB search google or similar as there are various forums that may have the answer you require

Is “ Chinese “ diesel different to  European Diesel then??:P ;)

• Sad 1

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

You may find that the flame will go out if you reduce the fuel flow below the current minimum.  Can you fit a thermostat so that it will switch off and on as required to maintain a set temperature?

Thanks for the replies. These heaters take 5 mins to start up and shut down so they can't be switched on and off by a thermostat, only up and down. The lowest setting is too powerful.  I have found very little on the topic other than a few threads where people have run the units on a lower fuel to fan speed ratio but it affects efficency and can soot up the burner.

I decided to invest in a bilge fan to blow fresh air into the caravan along with the heat..this way I should be able to balance the temperature. 

Thanks anyway.