Lost Wedding Ring

Hi

My wife lost her wedding ring down the plug hole in the basin in the bathroom

We have a Crusader Aurora it has the plunger type plug which you can screw of and it doesnt have a trap

We emptied the waste container over grass but wasnt there so we tried filling up all sinks and shower tray hoping the purge of water would reveal it but no luck then watched for days too see if it had came out we even hoped it might move when travelling back home

So do you think it may be still trapped in the pipe work forever or might appear someday

Put a curtain wire/drain cleaner wire down the pipe and see if it pushes the ring out. If trying to flush it out it will help if any horizontal sections are raised to give a slope to the outlet. If any sections of pipe can be easily taken apart that might help.

I assume it is flexi-waste pretty much throughout your caravan?

If so, I would suggest going along the pipe, if accessible, and flicking it with your finger. You should hear if there is something loose inside of that weight, and then you know where it is.

Then you just have to get it out somehow, personally I'd just cut the pipe and re-join with plenty of sealant.

If solid pipe, the above still may work.

2016 Audi Q7 3. 0 - Towing a 2012 Sterling Elite Emerald

Persistent Love2Stay user

As you checked it wasn't in the waste container, it must still be in the drain piping.

Carry out the above tips. Good luck.

Gold is a heavy metal--if you have the covoluted pipe it is spoilt for choice where to stop ! Perhaps if you ask round friends etc for someone with a pocket metal detector (the sort of thing that finds conduit/nails etc in walls) then go along the plastic pipe till you get a signal. Dont know the present price of the above item (mine cost £6years ago, perhaps Ebay or a tool hire shop...

Dave

• I agree completely 1

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

14 minutes ago, david 1220 said:

Gold is a heavy metal--if you have the covoluted pipe it is spoilt for choice where to stop ! Perhaps if you ask round friends etc for someone with a pocket metal detector (the sort of thing that finds conduit/nails etc in walls) then go along the plastic pipe till you get a signal. Dont know the present price of the above item (mine cost £6years ago, perhaps Ebay or a tool hire shop...

Dave

Not being ferrous, gold may not be detected.

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, daveat92 said:

Not being ferrous, gold may not be detected.

Since these detectors detect copper wire (dead or alive) i rest my case.....

Dave

4 hours ago, david 1220 said:

Dont know the present price of the above item (mine cost £6years ago, perhaps Ebay or a tool hire shop...

Dave

Mrs P's wedding ring cost far more that £6, where did you manage to get yours from ? :D

Hi,

As it was many years ago i can not remember the sorce BUT i had a look on Ebay -the price has gone up but what price sentiment...

Here you are--https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311&_nkw=wall+stud+detector&_sacat=0

best of luck,

David