Sprite Major 6 2012 issues

Hi All - I am considering a Sprite Major 6 - year 2012 - what are the main issues with these caravans?  Is there a known damp problem with them - have been advised to swerve the Leaky Lunars from 2010 onwards ... need a 6 berth - with bunks but max tow weight for car is 1500 ... thanks in advance of your advice and information - Liz

SOME 2012 Swift group caravans had the wrong sealant used on the front window seals leading to moisture ingress and damp. Ensure it has a recent damp report and check this area (and everywhere else) carefully. 

• Thanks 1

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Great caravan, only negative we found was the slimline bunks (only 1ft 10 wide I think) but that's not unusual is caravans.

We had a 2012 Swift (Fairway 554) for 6 years, loved it,  only issues we had was locker closures/hinges breaking.

Edited by Teddy Edwards
correct

At that age any problems should be sorted, but all caravans need a damp check before purchase. Given the age, there is a possibility of things just wearing out, but that is common to any make. Just make sure that before you buy that they are all working.

I do not know of any problems peculiar to that make or model for that year though.

Just now, Wildwood said:

I do not know of any problems peculiar to that make or model for that year though.

The window seal issue mentioned previously is about the only one, covered in detail on Swift's forum and one that needs careful attention.  Not all suffered this but several were built using the wrong adhesive which leads to severe damp in the front.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB