New Bailey Pegasus owner!

Hello Bailey gang!

We've sold the Swift Fairway (Challenger) 554 and getting a 2017 Bailey Pegasus Palermo... we're all pretty excited in our house!

Did look an Orion 6 year ago but this is our first time considering a Bailey.

To all Pegasus owners, what do you love about your caravan and what would you change?

Ted :) 

13 hours ago, joanie said:

:D hello bailey gang!  it sounds like you felt left out,..... nice van BTW

haha, yes agree.... it was late and I might have been getting over excited about the prospect of a new (to us) caravan!  :)

• Haha 1

Snap .. we collected our Bailey Pegasus II Verona on Sunday. 2011 Model.  Due to go away this weekend in it. 

16 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

Snap .. we collected our Bailey Pegasus II Verona on Sunday. 2011 Model.  Due to go away this weekend in it. 

Tremendous, well done you, hope you have a great time.

First van or a change?

Just now, Teddy Edwards said:

Tremendous, well done you, hope you have a great time.

First van or a change?

Really looking forward to it.  My parents had caravans whilst I was a kid, and many fantastic memories of caravanning holidays. 

Wife and I decided that we'd stay home this year, and invest the money we would have spent taking the kids to Center Parcs on a caravan, and fell in love with it.  Got a 19 year old one, for what we thought was a reasonable price. Long story short, had two great trips out in it, then booked it in for a service and they condemned it! Joy. 

Bit the bullet and bought another one to replace it. 

13 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

Really looking forward to it.  My parents had caravans whilst I was a kid, and many fantastic memories of caravanning holidays. 

Wife and I decided that we'd stay home this year, and invest the money we would have spent taking the kids to Center Parcs on a caravan, and fell in love with it.  Got a 19 year old one, for what we thought was a reasonable price. Long story short, had two great trips out in it, then booked it in for a service and they condemned it! Joy. 

Bit the bullet and bought another one to replace it. 

Blimey, you must have really loved it.

Would have been easy to turn your back on caravanning for good after that experience. Good you didn't.

Took my wife 6 years to convince me we should get a caravan, now (6 years in) I love it, we all do. My kids were 6 and 3 when we got our first van, was a good age for them to get into it. Can't image life without one now.

Oh that's a perfect age to let the kids run riot around a field. I've got teenagers who tell me they are bored, and when we get back that they had a fantastic time! 

The caravan is great for them, as they have to find something to do, and I'm not going to keep them entertained.  Good for their imagination and creativity. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

Oh that's a perfect age to let the kids run riot around a field. I've got teenagers who tell me they are bored, and when we get back that they had a fantastic time! 

The caravan is great for them, as they have to find something to do, and I'm not going to keep them entertained.  Good for their imagination and creativity. 

Agree. Mine are 9 and 12 now and we're changing to a van with bunk beds and their own area at the rear of the Caravan; sacrificed a fixed bed to keep them happy (or really it's to keep us happy as the longer they keep loving Caravan holidays the more we get to enjoy to!)

I do think it's good for kids be be still and calm and get to a place where they are 'bored' as that's when the imagination and creativity kick in, so agree completely, yes.

Hi Ted, we've had our Pegasus Verona for 4 years now and have clocked up a fair few miles with her, Scotland, France ,Spain & Portugal as well as a few trips at home. We love the front window! When you stand up you don't lose the view. I know other makers have followed this idea but I know we wouldn't go back to the old style windows. The layout on ours really suits us with the fixed bed, and we like the large fridge, apart from the fact that some wine bottles don't fit in the door!! It's a great van just a shame that it hasn't had much use this year, fingers crossed for 2021:blink:

Landrover Freelander 2 towing a Bailey Pegasus IV verona

As a newcomer to Alutech, be aware that thermal cycling (cold morning-hot sunny afternoon-cool evening) depending on how it is parked can cause the body to change shape slightly. We noticed it with a Peg 462. Breakfast OK, go out for the day, come back teatime and the glass lid over the cooker would foul the cupboard above. Late evening the glass lid would clear the cupboard easily. Likewise you may come back at teatime and find you unlock but cannot open the door. Simple answer, re-insert the door key and turn the catch using the key - the key will pull the lock blade back further than the handle!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

9 hours ago, ianfish said:

Hi Ted, we've had our Pegasus Verona for 4 years now and have clocked up a fair few miles with her, Scotland, France ,Spain & Portugal as well as a few trips at home. We love the front window! When you stand up you don't lose the view. I know other makers have followed this idea but I know we wouldn't go back to the old style windows. The layout on ours really suits us with the fixed bed, and we like the large fridge, apart from the fact that some wine bottles don't fit in the door!! It's a great van just a shame that it hasn't had much use this year, fingers crossed for 2021:blink:

Thanks for this, very pleased to hear you love your Pegasus. We've got everything crossed!  

It was a 2010 model (then the top of the range - the Unicorn didn't come along until 2011) and we had it from 2012 until 2018 when we traded it in for the U4 Seville. We couldn't have kept such an old van going much longer but IMO the U4 Seville is nothing like the build quality of the Peg. Crikey, the bed collapsed on the third night of use!!!

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

3 minutes ago, Woodentop said:

It was a 2010 model (then the top of the range - the Unicorn didn't come along until 2011) and we had it from 2012 until 2018 when we traded it in for the U4 Seville. We couldn't have kept such an old van going much longer but IMO the U4 Seville is nothing like the build quality of the Peg. Crikey, the bed collapsed on the third night of use!!!

Yes, I noticed they do get a bit of a bad rep but then, most makes have those that are in favour and those that aren't. Thanks for your insights :) 

Hello Teddy Edwards.  We had the original Pegasus for 8 years. Loved it. And now own a Pegasus GT70 Palermo.  Not had any major problems so far  (touch wood).  

• Thanks 1