We were staying in Swaffham over the weekend , and as usual we visited the Saturday market .

Like to watch the street auction , and it was there that I nearly got sucked in .

Standing watching the auctioneer , I suddenly realised  I was in a crowd of people standing close together , very few masks ( I was wearing one )

I could not got out of the crowd quick enough , just hope I was not too late .

Little wonder the virus is spreading at an alarming rate  , some people just don’t get it .A small market town in Norfolk  in tier 1 , not for long though .

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, WispMan said:

But you were in the crowd! 

Yeeessss I know !!!

Have you ever been so focused on something that you did not pick up what was going on around you ,well  that was me ,it is easy to loose  track,  as soon as I was aware of the closeness of the crowd building up   , I distanced my self  FAST

• I agree completely 1
53 minutes ago, Compass Point said:

Yeeessss I know !!!

Have you ever been so focused on something that you did not pick up what was going on around you ,well  that was me ,it is easy to loose  track,  as soon as I was aware of the closeness of the crowd building up   , I distanced my self  FAST

It’s so easy to do, you ride along with the atmosphere of the moment and lose focus on your surroundings. At least you realised and took action. However, brace yourself for ten pages of judgemental condemnation! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

very very difficult to be totally focussed on several things at once.  

If it was easy, there would be no such thing as an accident... and everybody would be able to remember exactly where they put the keys, even if the phone did ring just as they were putting them down.:blink:

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1
4 hours ago, Compass Point said:

Yeeessss I know !!!

With C19 you have to be aware all the time. I just keep away from people all the time and avoid groups of people. 

Cases are increasing in nearly every country and soon, deaths will also increase. You have to be focused on what is around you all the time. 

• I agree completely 1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

2 hours ago, WispMan said:

With C19 you have to be aware all the time. I just keep away from people all the time and avoid groups of people. 

Cases are increasing in nearly every country and soon, deaths will also increase. You have to be focused on what is around you all the time. 

We’re at the CMHC site in Cheddar and since Saturday we have noticed that shops and people fall into two distinct categories, the “stay away from me” or the “it’s all over” type. Most of the local businesses have been great and encourage social distancing but some individuals really lack common sense to the point where I wonder how they manage to walk.

One local restaurant (the Bath Arms) has it just right. Excellent food and a high level of COVID awareness. Highly recommended.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

7 hours ago, Compass Point said:

I distanced my self  FAST

Possibly a little thought earlier on would have kept you away from the market in the first place?

6 hours ago, Richie43 said:

Just get on with life

Life will return to normal much sooner if we all avoid going anywhere non-essential for the time being IMO.

6 hours ago, GaryB1969 said:

. . . brace yourself for ten pages of judgemental condemnation!

If that is what it takes to finally get people to realise the seriousness of the situation, then a little well meant

criticism surely is appropriate.

• I agree completely 3

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

I’ve been banging on about ‘low risk’ Norfolk on this forum. 

A significant number of the Norfolk populous (like other areas of the country) belief they are safe and don’t need to take precautions.

Add to that, the number of visitors to this area, who also believe it’s a haven of safety and it’s only a matter of time before it’s no longer low risk.

1779B480-8ED9-4CB4-A555-806D2694C9F9.jpeg

But if they catch it who will get the blame? Answers on a postcard. 

• Like 1

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

10 hours ago, ericfield said:

A significant number of the Norfolk populous (like other areas of the country) belief they are safe and don’t need to take precautions.

Add to that, the number of visitors to this area, who also believe it’s a haven of safety and it’s only a matter of time before it’s no longer low risk.

What the hell are they all thinking?  They're risking catching bird flu as well..

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, MalH said:

But if they catch it who will get the blame? Answers on a postcard. 

Everybody else!! (But never them.)

Just like the stupid woman who was interviewed on Durdle Door beach when lockdown was first eased, "We left home at 5.00 AM this morning and drove for 2 hours to get here, but I didn't realise that all these other people would be coming here as well!!"

• Haha 1

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

11 hours ago, Gordon said:

Possibly a little thought earlier on would have kept you away from the market in the first place?

Life will return to normal much sooner if we all avoid going anywhere non-essential for the time being IMO.

If that is what it takes to finally get people to realise the seriousness of the situation, then a little well meant

criticism surely is appropriate.

My thoughts exactly and the best reply in this thread.

• Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 1
16 hours ago, ericfield said:

They did not want to give up the first chance in 40 years to see a rufous bush chat bird. The pictures of the bird look like a sparrow so to me not worth bothering with. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-54583461

1 hour ago, Paul1957 said:

They did not want to give up the first chance in 40 years to see a rufous bush chat bird. The pictures of the bird look like a sparrow so to me not worth bothering with. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-54583461

Worth dying for?

• I disagree 1

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

1 hour ago, Paul1957 said:

That’s because you are not obsessed like these people.  They have to see it in the UK ...when they are as common as sparrows in Spain.

Last year I came across a young guy who had driven up overnight from Cornwall in a tiny ‘city’ car on the off chance  he would see another rare migrant. He saw it for 15seconds before it flew further up the coast ... and he was trying to catch some sleep in a lay-by before driving back in time for work the next day.

Bizarre.

17 hours ago, ericfield said:

Last year I came across a young guy who had driven up overnight from Cornwall in a tiny ‘city’ car on the off chance  he would see another rare migrant. He saw it for 15seconds before it flew further up the coast ... and he was trying to catch some sleep in a lay-by before driving back in time for work the next day.

Bizarre.

To use a polite term, for "twitcher" read "twit". 

When a hobby overrules common sense - it has clearly become an obsession, that if not curbed could currently result in additional innocent deaths. Like many other sensible members of society, I am currently restricting myself from all avoidable travel.

Campervan.

If you don't like something but can't change it, change the way you think about it.

The Twitchers can be a weird lot.  We were recently on a site up at Wells next Sea.  

Took the dogs for a walk on a very public footpath and they were all there with their zoom camera thingy's obviously looking for a lesser spotted whatchamacallit.  As we walked by, the disapproving looks and murmurings (just low enough so I couldn't hear - very brave), because we had the temerity to use a footpath that they were on.

I walked by them 4 times before I realised that it may have been because we were disturbing the birds.  I guess a bounding 30kg dog will do that :D .

Edited by karlak
  • Haha 2
18 hours ago, MalH said:

Worth dying for?

Start a rumour on social media that the birds have been seen on some remote uninhabited island and they will all clear off there!

Silly sad people !

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

Seen whilst in Devon, a guy entering a shop was told he needed a mask on to go in,  his reply was,.... but I'm on holiday!!   ;)

Dave.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Pickled Onion said:

Seen whilst in Devon, a guy entering a shop was told he needed a mask on to go in,  his reply was,.... but I'm on holiday!!   ;)

Dave.

so apart from emmets and grockles they now have covidiots ;)

On 19/10/2020 at 15:10, Richie43 said:

Just get on with life

I'm getting on with life cautiously as I prefer life to the other option !    :)

John.

• I agree completely 3

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?