New Covid restrictions in Wales start 18:00 on Fri.16th, how will it affect you?

As the title more restrictions in Wales and elsewhere.

It would have been nice if the Welsh government had decided on the caravan access terms and published  them at the same time of the travel ban.

The Welsh Government are introducing a travel ban into Wales at 6pm on Friday 16th October from the following areas:
- Northern Ireland
- Central belt of Scotland
- Tiers 2 and 3 - High and Very High – areas of England. 

We see from your postcode that you are in either ......................

BHHPA are waiting for guidance from the Welsh Government. 

Our understanding at the moment from the Government website is 

“Can I visit my … caravan … to collect my belongings and secure it for Winter? 

Yes, we consider that you have a reasonable excuse to do this even if the trip involves travelling into, or out of an area with local restrictions.  You may need to agree a time and date with the site owners to visit, and you should remain at the location for the shortest period possible before returning straight home. 

While on site you should of course continue to maintain social distancing and practise good hand hygiene.   

But you should not stay away from your local area overnight while local restrictions are in operation either where you live or where you would be staying.” 

Therefore, visit for the day is allowed just to pack up and prepare the caravan for winter but not to stay overnight. 

We will let you know if we get any clarification. 

It is worth mentioning that the rate of the coronavirus infection numbers in .................... are increasing and that the Welsh Government might introduce a local lockdown on us. 

We were supposed to be going to Welshpool next week but as we are in a tier 3 area, albeit with a falling rate, we've had to cancel and won't be going anywhere, alas.

Let’s hope it doesn’t cause an influx of people from high risk areas into Norfolk as an alternative holiday destination.

Ive just had a friend die in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kings Lynn today.

Stay home, please.

Our van is on a seasonal pitch in North Wales and the area has been in lockdown since the beginning of October.  If we had been told that we could have gone for the day to sort the van out for winter we would have. As it stands, we cant get there today and so now have to live in hope of getting there when we are again allowed into Wales.  To have given people until Sunday night before we were shut out of Wales would have at least helped working folk, this year has made us realise that having your caravan a 2hr drive away is not good st all.  

Our van is on a seasonal pitch in Wales and we live in Merseyside. We shut it down for the winter this week. Its seen as essential travel. Not allowed to stay the night. But at least its done.

You must be relieved,  if only we would have known we could have gone last weekend .

I read something in the press that suggests it's OK to go to your holiday home or caravan in Wales for the purpose of winterising it. 

14 hours ago, Silversurf said:

"New Covid restrictions in Wales start 18:00 on Fri.16th, how will it affect you?"

Being brutally honest, this latest move by the Welsh government is unlikely to affect me personally, however I empathise with those affected by this restriction as I too have been affected since March with all sorts of cancelled travel plans. I fear that we will all be subjected to further restrictions in the coming weeks, and while this is not palatable, I do understand the reasoning behind it, so if we all stick strictly to the rules, then the sooner we should be able to enjoy a relaxing of the rules, and a return to some semblance of normality.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

9 minutes ago, MalH said:

I read something in the press that suggests it's OK to go to your holiday home or caravan in Wales for the purpose of winterising it. 

That's what I posted yesterday to help anyone with a van in Wales.

You are not being prevented from winterising your van, no matter what area you are coming from or going to as long as you stick to some simple rules.

Very similar to the simple rules, that too many have disregarded, to prevent the spread of Covid and now as Ollie would say " " Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me us into."😱

...........................................................................................................................................................

Our understanding at the moment from the Government website is 

Yes, we consider that you have a reasonable excuse to do this even if the trip involves travelling into, or out of an area with local restrictions.  You may need to agree a time and date with the site owners to visit, and you should remain at the location for the shortest period possible before returning straight home. 

While on site you should of course continue to maintain social distancing and practise good hand hygiene.   

But you should not stay away from your local area overnight while local restrictions are in operation either where you live or where you would be staying.” 

Therefore, visit for the day is allowed just to pack up and prepare the caravan for winter but not to stay overnight. 

After 6pm tonight we are not allowed into Wales at all so being able to winterise our van wjll not be possible. It would have been helpful if the site owners would have informed us that we could have made arrangements to go.  

33 minutes ago, hymermad said:

After 6pm tonight we are not allowed into Wales at all so being able to winterise our van wjll not be possible. It would have been helpful if the site owners would have informed us that we could have made arrangements to go.  

Read what Silversurf has written in the post immediately above yours. You will be allowed into and out of Wales if you have a valid excuse, indeed I have a cousin who lives in Bristol but works in Magor so he has been travelling to and from Wales since lockdown started back in March. I also have a friend who lives in Cwmbran and works in Bristol and he has been making the reverse journey since lockdown started.

I have read what has been written thank you. I have just been in contact with the caravan park owner and they are not sure if we are allowed to travel into Wales after 6pm today even to winterise our van. They are going to see what they can find out,  nothing is quite as clear as simple as you think Townie. 

Edited by hymermad
2 minutes ago, hymermad said:

I have read what has been written thank you. I have just been in contact with the caravan park owner and they are not sure if we are allowed to travel into Wales after 6pm today even to winterise our van. They are going to see what they can find out,  nothing is quite as clear as simple as you think Townie. 

I know it's not "clear and simple". 1 day after lockdown started, I got a notification that the alarm on my caravan had been activated, I called the police helpline to see if I could visit and was eventually told by a police sergeant, "I'm not sure, but visit your caravan and check it. If you get stopped, tell them that I said it was OK, (he gave me his name and police number)".

Maybe you could try doing the same instead of posting sarky comments on here.:)

you will know more on Monday when Mark Drakeford will  or may come to some decision  over a  fire break lock down. Perhaps then people will realise that this is serious stuff.  

2 hours ago, hymermad said:

If it is any help, I personally and will be, going by these recommendations and rules below from the Welsh government at the moment, until, or if  Drakeford manages to come to a decision before Christmas and they change !

The fallacy  that " After 6pm tonight we are not allowed into Wales at all ........" is that, just a fallacy, carefully read and understand what the restrictions are from 18:00 tonight, subject to you keeping to the rules and suggestions , you can in fact travel to and from anywhere in Wales at the moment, again subject to change and rules.

Our understanding at the moment from the Government website is:

So I would poddle off this weekend whilst you can, to do what needs to be done and see what changes Monday evening brings....................if any.

Thank you Silversurf,   when I rang our caravan park they couldn't give me a definite answer.   You watch, as we are in the Greater Manchester area we will probably be put into the very high category and not allowed to travel.  I cant keep up with it all but like to abide by the rules. Finger ( and everything else ) crossed that a vaccine becomes available sooner rather than later.  Keep well. 

11 hours ago, hymermad said:

Our van is on a seasonal pitch in North Wales and the area has been in lockdown since the beginning of October.  If we had been told that we could have gone for the day to sort the van out for winter we would have. As it stands, we cant get there today and so now have to live in hope of getting there when we are again allowed into Wales.  To have given people until Sunday night before we were shut out of Wales would have at least helped working folk, this year has made us realise that having your caravan a 2hr drive away is not good st all.  

We are in a Tier 2 area.  We went up today to collect ours from North Wales and bring it home..  we too are a 2 hr drive away 

:( 

Edited by alibabaxx
7 minutes ago, alibabaxx said:

We are in a Tier 2 area.  We went up today to collect ours from North Wales and bring it home..  we too are a 2 hr drive away 

:( 

We would have gone today ourselves but couldn't due to work. 

1 hour ago, hymermad said:

We would have gone today ourselves but couldn't due to work. 

I know it's not great lack of notice!!! Luckily we could take the day off but not good

My nephew (6 year old) asked today, if this virus is so clever why does it kill people? If they die they cant spread it.

He s got a point.

Answers on a postcard as they say.

8 minutes ago, Towtug said:

My nephew (6 year old) asked today, if this virus is so clever why does it kill people? If they die they cant spread it.

He should be on the Government's advisory team.  Smart lad!

7 minutes ago, Towtug said:

He s got a point.

Answers on a postcard as they say.

did you tell him that a virus is much more clever than that.  It knows not to kill off the host, it will just lay dormant  or  mutate, after all  coronavirus  is  not just one virus hence the name covid 19

Apparently, our glorious leader, (Mark Drakeford), will make an announcement today regarding the next stage of lockdown in Wales. I can hardly wait.

28 minutes ago, Townie said:

Apparently, our glorious leader, (Mark Drakeford), will make an announcement today regarding the next stage of lockdown in Wales. I can hardly wait.

I think dilatory Drakeford will announce that he will be making an announcement next Monday. 😂