How do i fit a mast for a wifi antenna?

Hi,  I've bought a Kuma wifi booster and I need to attach the antenna to a mast on the exterior of my static caravan. I've bought the mast but very worried about drilling into the exterior of the caravan. Could anyone give me some advice on how best to do this please? 

As you have a static caravan is the A frame still fitted in which case you could use the jockey wheel holder. Alternatively do you have any decking that you could attach the pole to or utilise the TV aerial bracket if fitted

Try something like This

• I agree completely 1

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

Most static caravans have a reinforced location for fixing TV aerial mast brackets to.

eg from Willerby's owners manual 

Television Aerial

The holiday home is internally pre wired with coax cable and terminated into a TV faceplate with the other end usually coiled up under the holiday home ready to be connected to an aerial. There is a fixing point at high level on the side of the holiday home (marked with a label) to attach the aerial mast if needed.

Check out with other caravans of same make and model or ask the site managers if they know where it is located on yours?

But the Vision Plus clamps are used on touring and statics quite often.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

After finding the 3 mast I put my antenna on my tv aerial mast excellent single on 4g. 

23 hours ago, Artleknock said:

Try something like This

Had this on previous van easy to fix easy to use

now retired and loving it

I have the Kuma too, it's a great bit of kit.

I made my own mast for the USB antenna and it was cheap as chips.

I used a double suction pad £5.99 and a double C-clamp from Amazon (The C clamp I bought last August was by Phot-R and cost £8.99 but it's currently unavailable and the alternative is £14.99 but identical so, shop around if you're considering this) plus a length of plastic waste pipe I had lying about. It's sitting on the roof of my caravan as I type and it's rock stable.

I put it on the roof through the front skylight and drop the USB over the side and into the awning where I've sited the router.

Just out of interest are you aware that the Kuma V2 only works on  2.4ghz and not 5ghz. I spent ages trying to get it to use the 5ghz network before I found out from Kuma support who responded within hours to my query.

I have a solid 2.4ghz which is more than ample for Facetime, Sky Go and YouTube.

Cheers,

Steve

PS. Sorry the pictures are sideways??

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

Edited by SCP1959
1, Repeated word. 2, Tried to rotate pictures.

2016 Coachman VIP 575/4: 2018 Kia Sorento GT Line S.

Sorry folks, I hadn't realised I was on the static caravan page. The roof of my touring caravan is flat, I'm not sure what the roof of a static is like. The sucker clamp will fit vertically too but there is a risk that the suction pads may leave marks on a side panel. Having said that, the antenna hasn't budged during the two weeks it's been on the roof of my caravan while on a windy South Wales site.

Moved to Coachman section

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hi Graham.

I believe the OP was in the correct place as it refers to the fitting of an antenna mast to a static caravan.

Although my solution is used on my touring caravan it may be of use to other owners of both static and touring caravans.

Thanks,

Steve

• I agree completely 1