Bailey Alicanto Sintra Build Quality

I purchased a new Bailey Alicanto Sintra on 18/01/20 and i wish i had kept my previous caravan my experience with this £29700  caravan has been horrendous.

From delivery solar panel not working and a flat battery cheap and shoddy bed set so bsd Bailey suppled a new set same as the original one with the same faults. ATC stopped working 2 trips to get the unit replaced  front rooflight trim retaing clips broken trim below microwave coming off  trim strip on kitchen cabinet coming off  side reflector fell off  insect screen clips fallen off breakaway cable clip came off  led lights over cabinets stopped working light switch loose  due to cutout  wrong shape to fit switch. In all 5 trips back to the dealer round trip of 106 miles am i sorry i bought this caravan you bet i am

Not good for a new van but some people except this as the normal. We need to keep pushing back these poor build quality’s. 

Yes i am in dispute with the dealer to get the caravan replaced or my money back dont know how that will go as i am still waiting for a response from them

We were thinking of taking the plunge next year and getting rid of our 2008 Pageant Burgundy for a new Phoenix 640. But when I read some of these horror stories about poor quality and even worse dealer service, I wonder if we might be better going for one a year or so old that has had its niggles already sorted. 

WE had a brand new 2017 model Pegasus-very well made-bit too much sealant-part blockage of the awning rail, loo door a bit tight but the only real faults we had that needed warranty service was a leaky thetford loo cassette and a dechromed caraflo tap-not Bailey's fault at all-hopefully yours is just a one off -so sorry for you and hope you get it sorted asap!

12 hours ago, Carcol92 said:

We were thinking of taking the plunge next year and getting rid of our 2008 Pageant Burgundy for a new Phoenix 640. But when I read some of these horror stories about poor quality and even worse dealer service, I wonder if we might be better going for one a year or so old that has had its niggles already sorted. 

Changed our 2008 series 7 burgundy for a 2014 Pegasus Gt65 Verona, there are times when we wish we hadn't made the change 🤔🤔

• Sad 1

We also had a S7 Burgundy and it was our perfect caravan and was as dry as a bone. The front area (no chest) gave me a 6ft sq enormous bed, once shared with two grandsons. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Caravans being such a new and innovative thing, never been seen before ,it's no surprise and to be expected that things go wrong, bits drop off, they let water in, windows crack, panels crack, and so on..............................

What's that you say, they are not new and have been made for decades and still can't get their acts together,................ohh dear. 🤣😂😱😉

Edited by Silversurf
  • Haha 2
  • I disagree 1

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

We bought our Unicorn IV Cabrera new in March 2019... One minor issue, which was the stupid sliding door hold back (a webbing strap with a press stud screwed in with a 3/8" screw into MDF) Dealer replaced with a turn buckle catch and two decent screws...  No other issues, and very happy with it...

Edited by Guzzilazz
typo
  • Like 1

Larry from Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera 2017 Kuga 2. 0 TDCi 150

2019 Bailey Phoenix (basically a de-tuned Cabrera but  £6k cheaper) no problems at all  (other than the almost universal brake squeal, fixed under warranty) 

I agree with Guzzilazz about the sliding door retainer, at least mine hasn’t come off (yet) Hadn’t though of a turnbuckle instead. Guess that’s my next purchase.

• Like 1

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

There are many happy caravanners out there with few issues; we're on our third caravan-nothing has dropped off any of our uk made caravans and we've had very few faults and excellent dealer service. Most people have and do -those who don't make the most noise!!(quite rightly so of course but trying to put it into perspective).

Our 2018 Cadiz has had a few faults. Squealing brakes, faulty water pump.smoke detector. All replaced under warranty. Latest issue the winding mechanism for the spare wheel stuck after having a flat tyre due to leaking valve.

Warranty claim in. Spare wheel is under the bed where it will probably stay as safer access!

No other issues. We love the van and use it a lot covid not withstanding!

Our dealer, Cosford Caravans, sorted all the issues in their usual efficient manner!

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

Buying a newly released model early unfortunately i think you run the risk of being the product testers . We bought our U4 at the 2017 NEC first of the new model! Don’t think I’d do it again.

2019 Ford Transit DCIV Limited 190bhp Auto / 2007 VW Transporter Kombi 2.5 TDI 174bhp  4 Motion  +  2018 Bailey Unicorn lV Valencia 

On 11/10/2020 at 21:51, cb300 said:

Buying a newly released model early unfortunately i think you run the risk of being the product testers . We bought our U4 at the 2017 NEC first of the new model! Don’t think I’d do it again.

Same here new U4  and yes a production tester.

On 08/10/2020 at 21:25, COCKNEYBOY said:

Yes i am in dispute with the dealer to get the caravan replaced or my money back dont know how that will go as i am still waiting for a response from them

Same problems all round, (same van) I'm also in dispute, our headboard fell off as well, it's put on with velcro. I also posted about my issues about a week ago. My main concern was the front bumper blowing back when towing and catching the A-frame cover causing damage. Good luck with your dispute. 

Don't hold your breath. I've gone down the repair and make good route in agreement with the dealer in writing that will extend our 30 day return rights, this is allowed under Sect 22 Para 1 of the consumer credit act 2015.