Increase in Covid rates throughout Britain

5 hours ago, Dave Capiro owner said:

That's my half term trip cancelled, Boris says I can drive away from Merseyside to work, but I can't tow my caravan to a site for a holiday.

That isn't true, the government website states you can go on a booked holiday:

"You can still go on holiday outside of the affected local areas, but you should only do this with people you live with"

From

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/merseyside-halton-and-warrington-local-restrictions#travel-restrictions

If I were you I would contact the site, and if they are still happy for you to stay there, I would be going. We're in the Scotland central belt, which has similar restrictions, and have three nights booked on a site near Annan. We have contacted the site and they are expecting us as usual.

As with the two weeks we spent in England in July, and the four weekends we've enjoyed closer to home since then, we will be staying on a fully serviced pitch, using our own facilities, taking our own food and drink, and enjoying walks outdoors, no sitting in pubs or mixing with anyone outside our family. We'll just enjoy a change of scenery.

So long as sites remain open, and we are allowed to visit them, we will. They need our custom, now more than ever, if we want them to be still operating at the end of all this. Our stays involve minimal risk, so we enjoy them without guilt. I recommend others do the same. :)

• I agree completely 4
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I just say a big thank you to all the Covidiots throughout Britain who spent "lockdown" trying to find reasons why "the rules" didn't apply to them. This is aimed at various politicians on ALL pol

Don’t you just love the Aussies approach....      

Seriously? Are we being imprisoned in rat infested gaols? Are we being tortured and maimed for our beliefs?  Are we being sent to foreign lands to fight for years?     NO...we are being asked

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, ericfield said:

You are of course quite correct in your assessment of the risk.
However, the perception many people (who don’t have caravans) will have is that ‘it’s not fair’. That leads to them setting their own agenda.  

We had to stay at home when we were under official lockdown and saw the results.  Do we really need to be similarly ordered to stay at home or can we not behave like adults and apply some self discipline? 

If it were the case that a few weeks of staying inside would see us through to the other side of this then I'd agree, but the issue I have with that is that this is not a short term thing that is going to be over by Christmas.  Our shot at eradicating SARS-CoV-2, New Zealand style, passed in the Spring.  Now we have to live with it.

This pandemic is going to be with us well into 2021, and the virus itself is most likely going to become endemic and become 'one of those things' that flares up from time to time, much like bad 'Flu strains.  Even with a vaccine in early 2021 there is no quick end in sight.

I am absolutely not one of the 'open up and let it rip through the young population while shielding the vulnerable' bunch.  Because it won't work, it's not ethical to try and it intrinsically devalues the lives of those you are asking to shield.  But neither can we afford to carry on the way we have been for another year or more.

It is becoming clear what the high risk activities are.  Indoors, long dwell time and poor ventilation.  It means a great deal of the economy can't function.  It means that we really should restrict inter-household mixing of both families and friends.  Those are significant sacrifices to be asking people to make, and ones that I think people on the whole understand the need to make.  We shouldn't be taking away things that are low risk and leaving people with no outlets at all.

This is a 'wicked problem'.  There are no good solutions, only shades of bad.

• I agree completely 3
34 minutes ago, Susan D said:

That isn't true, the government website states you can go on a booked holiday:

"You can still go on holiday outside of the affected local areas, but you should only do this with people you live with"

From

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/merseyside-halton-and-warrington-local-restrictions#travel-restrictions

If I were you I would contact the site, and if they are still happy for you to stay there, I would be going. We're in the Scotland central belt, which has similar restrictions, and have three nights booked on a site near Annan. We have contacted the site and they are expecting us as usual.

As with the two weeks we spent in England in July, and the four weekends we've enjoyed closer to home since then, we will be staying on a fully serviced pitch, using our own facilities, taking our own food and drink, and enjoying walks outdoors, no sitting in pubs or mixing with anyone outside our family. We'll just enjoy a change of scenery.

So long as sites remain open, and we are allowed to visit them, we will. They need our custom, now more than ever, if we want them to be still operating at the end of all this. Our stays involve minimal risk, so we enjoy them without guilt. I recommend others do the same. :)

That was on October 2nd, the update hasn't loaded up.

Liverpool region level three now states :

People should try to avoid travelling outside their local area, or entering another area rated Very High other than for work, education, accessing youth services, or to meet caring responsibilities

People should avoid staying overnight in another part of the UK if they are resident in the Liverpool City Region and avoid staying overnight in the Liverpool City Region if they are resident elsewhere

8 hours ago, ericfield said:

Regrettably, that’s an attempt to ensure we are still alive and still have jobs next year....to enable us to use our caravans.

Doing what sage wanted to do three weeks ago would have been a better attempt,  follow the science :lol:

• I disagree 1

And 3 weeks ago SAGE/Witless  predicted Armageddon . When I got up this morning the world was still going around the sun .

Caravan almost packed ready for trip to Norfolk later today , from low risk area to low risk area , fully loaded with supplies , so no need to make close contact with anyone , well except SWMBO :D

• Like 3
  • I disagree 1

That's alright then Jack, have a nice time.  I feel for  the ones in band 3. 

"..I am made the most unhappy of men; my liberty is taken from me"

• I agree completely 2
28 minutes ago, SilverSurfer said:

Yes indeed, blaming the government for tardy/lack off/too much/too little action will chase the virus away, eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

I feel for those people as well , but to a certain extent , they are the authors of their problems ,without getting too deep , ignoring distancing and face coverings during certain festivals , students being complete idiots ( so much for higher  “education”)    also  politicians and an advisor who are above the rules make the rest of us look like lemmings .

Yes I am alright Jack because I followed the rules , gave up 3 holidays during lock down , suffered 14 days quarantine having been caught out whilst in France , always have a face covering when out , kept my Daughter at arms length because there was a case at the special needs school where she works ,although well outside her working “bubble” we are taking no chances whilst away but are  NOT missing this trip ,

• Like 3
  • I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 1

3 minutes ago, joanie said:

did you see the crowds in Liverpool on the TV news this morning, it beggars belief that any adult  can act in such a way.  These people pouring out of the pubs, these people who are old enough to vote , to drink, to shoot, to do as they damn well please.

Edited by joanie
  • Like 2
  • I agree completely 1
16 hours ago, Dave Capiro owner said:

That was on October 2nd, the update hasn't loaded up.

Ah, boo! :( I hadn't realised that, sorry. I'm sorry you won't be able to get away then. :(

In our case, I think gov Scot is being rather cowardly about the whole business, effectively saying, if you've booked beforehand, go ahead, but if you hadn't, you really shouldn't, but umm, arr, the sites are still open as usual, so we can't stop you, we'll just try to guilt trip you, because we daren't shut all hospitality and tourism down again, like in March, because of the uproar that would cause. This move has led to people cancelling bookings and losing money, or deciding against booking a trip, thereby depriving a business of a potential booking, despite the fact that it's not actually against rules or regulations up here. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Compass Point said:

I feel for those people as well , but to a certain extent , they are the authors of their problems ,without getting too deep , ignoring distancing and face coverings during certain festivals , students being complete idiots ( so much for higher  “education”)    also  politicians and an advisor who are above the rules make the rest of us look like lemmings .

Yes I am alright Jack because I followed the rules , gave up 3 holidays during lock down , suffered 14 days quarantine having been caught out whilst in France , always have a face covering when out , kept my Daughter at arms length because there was a case at the special needs school where she works ,although well outside her working “bubble” we are taking no chances whilst away but are  NOT missing this trip ,

Yes indeed sorry I didn't mean it to come across like that and really do hope  you'll have an excellent time away and also other people who want to go away right now. I agree,   yes it's been ruined and to a certain extent by the usual narcissistic actions of the few.

Edited by SilverSurfer
  • Like 1

Nice to see that the Scottish MP, Ms Margaret Ferrier, looks to have got away with her disgraceful behaviour due to a "technicality". She will NOT face punishment under English law due to the fact that the LEGAL requirement to self isolate didn't come int effect until a few days after she took the test.  She is "unlikely" to face punishment under Scottish law because the requirement to self isolate is "only a guideline rather than being written into law". (The Telegraph, 15/10/20).

How do "they" expect the rest of the population to abide by Covid restrictions when the very people who make the laws behave like this woman? I can only hope that her own constituents have the sense to call for her resignation and then boot her out at the next by-election.

• I agree completely 6

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

On 14/10/2020 at 08:22, SilverSurfer said:

Better to lose your liberty than your life 😉

• Like 3
  • I agree completely 1

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

On 14/10/2020 at 09:01, Compass Point said:

As mentioned on another thread, I lost an old friend to Covid in Kings Lynn hospital yesterday, so maybe my emotions are a bit raw.  This area is not as low risk as you might think. The area is full of people who already think they are in a low risk area and don’t need to bother with stringent self protection measures.  There are many families leaving the cities for the safety of their Norfolk 2nd properties.  My next door neighbour and his cronies are going ahead (lockdowns permitting) with a boozy coach trip to Blackpool next week.

I have no desire to encourage people from whatever risk area they believe they are in, into this area.
Or indeed freedom fixated Norfokmen visiting high risk areas because according to them  “we can’t live as hermits forever”.  Forever? Seriously?

You may conduct yourselves with immaculate safety.  However, your free movement is an example sufficient to promote free-for-all movement by others who may not be as tuned into personal safety as you believe yourself to be. 

Complacency is infectious just like the virus.

Footnote: 

while writing this post I just received a txt to say a (distant) relative had died 5 days after contracting Covid...admittedly in West Yorkshire.

• I agree completely 3

Email from  CMC:

Following the latest Government announcements for England regarding local lockdowns and the introduction of the Local COVID alert levels the majority of our Club campsites are within the Local Alert level of Medium and remain open to members and guests. 

Members and guests who reside in a Local Alert level of Very High should not travel to any of the Club’s other campsites whilst the alert is in place but can continue to stay at a campsite within their own very high alert area. 

Please also be aware that on arrival at one of our campsites that is within a very high alert area, our sites teams have been asked to monitor home address details to ensure we are keeping all of our guests as safe as possible.

Beat me to it DC.

20201017_080922.thumb.png.3590e96ff7ca526470c6308e1d58d3df.png

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

59 minutes ago, Griff said:

Beat me to it DC.

20201017_080922.thumb.png.3590e96ff7ca526470c6308e1d58d3df.png

as the CMC staff will be monitoring  the home address , will they be turning away people from the 'wrong' area,  do you think?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, joanie said:

as the CMC staff will be monitoring  the home address , will they be turning away people from the 'wrong' area,  do you think?

strange one this Johnnie, the camp sites ‘ within the high alert areas’ are looking at addresses, but I would have thought all sites should be monitoring their visitors.

I was booked for York next week, but cancelled. Had I not done so, and decided to go I would be travelling from high risk tier 3 to A medium tier two area, surely it would make more sense to check my movements.

On 16/10/2020 at 10:24, Silversurf said:

Better to lose your liberty than your life 😉

In the 1940's tens of thousands of people gave their lives to preserve your liberty.

• I disagree 2
  • I agree completely 1

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

The message should be in this order  DISTANCE/ MASK /HANDS......bottom line, stay at home as much as you can and keep away from infected people....

Edited by gtepete
  • Haha 1
  • I agree completely 3

Just as an example how with the best will in the world we can find ourselves in unsafe surroundings. Low risk areas can become higher risk overnight.

The North Norfolk Coast is a hot spot for birdwatching at the best of times but especially in autumn (ie NOW) being peak season for bird migration , when the area is always flooded with ‘Twitchers’.

A Rufus Bush Chat (it’s a bird) has been spotted near Stiffkey according to Birdline (don’t you love instant messaging?)  It’s the  first sighting of this bird in the UK in 40years and as I type around 200 birders are already gathered (many having driven through the night ) from all corners of the UK....including  high risk areas. (The bloke who discovered it was here for the weekend from South Manchester!)

It doesn’t take much to upset the apple cart.

• Like 3

Good to see the covidiots out in force in London last night so that they can have "one last night on the lash" before the new restrictions come into force today. Also, it was good to see Piers Corbyn explaining to one and all that Covid is a hoax and that these new restrictions are just a government ploy to control the great British public. I wonder if HE'D care to tell that to the families of all those who've died of the "hoax"?

No wonder there's an increase in Covid rates, (sorry, hoax rates).

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

47 minutes ago, Townie said:

Good to see the covidiots out in force in London last night so that they can have "one last night on the lash" before the new restrictions come into force today. Also, it was good to see Piers Corbyn explaining to one and all that Covid is a hoax and that these new restrictions are just a government ploy to control the great British public. I wonder if HE'D care to tell that to the families of all those who've died of the "hoax"?

No wonder there's an increase in Covid rates, (sorry, hoax rates).

No one seems to ask Corby how and why the British government is applying the hoax across every country on the planet.  Except North Korea which has refused to give into this hoax and therefore has no Covid infections. 🙄 

We should stamp the hand of everyone who thinks it’s a hoax, and refuses to abide by the rules, with an indelible message to the NHS....     “DNR. I don’t want treatment for the hoax.”

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 3
1 hour ago, Artleknock said:

In the 1940's tens of thousands of people gave their lives to preserve your liberty.

Seriously?
Are we being imprisoned in rat infested gaols? Are we being tortured and maimed for our beliefs?  Are we being sent to foreign lands to fight for years?  

NO...we are being asked to stay apart from friends and family for a few weeks or months, to wear protective clothing and be sensible in our movements....in the hope of keeping deaths to a minimum till a solution is found.  

Using the word liberty when it comes to ‘going on a caravan holiday’ is totally out of context and frankly an insult to all those people who have suffered and continue to suffer for far more worthy causes than the relative inconveniences we are being asked to endure.

• I agree completely 7
55 minutes ago, ericfield said:

Seriously?
Are we being imprisoned in rat infested gaols? Are we being tortured and maimed for our beliefs?  Are we being sent to foreign lands to fight for years?  

NO...we are being asked to stay apart from friends and family for a few weeks or months, to wear protective clothing and be sensible in our movements....in the hope of keeping deaths to a minimum till a solution is found.  

Using the word liberty when it comes to ‘going on a caravan holiday’ is totally out of context and frankly an insult to all those people who have suffered and continue to suffer for far more worthy causes than the relative inconveniences we are being asked to endure.

:goodpost:

The attitude of the whingers ranks alongside those who bleat we are living in a “Police State” I just wish some of them were actually made to live in  a real Police State just to see  what that’s really like. My nominations for them would be

1. North Korea 
  2. China (I have first hand experience, nearly got arrested for saying Tibet wasn’t part of China! It was close :unsure:)
  3. Russia 
  4. Saudi Arabia (especially if female) 
  5. Taliban-land 
  • I agree completely 1

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills