Jump to content

Increase in Covid rates throughout Britain


Recommended Posts

Can I just say a big thank you to all the Covidiots throughout Britain who spent "lockdown" trying to find reasons why "the rules" didn't apply to them. This is aimed at various politicians on ALL political parties, (and their advisors) who decided to ignore travel advice, (even when one of them decided to travel from London to Scotland when she KNEW that she was infected). This is also aimed at the "supporters" of football teams who turned up at grounds to "celebrate" their teams league victory, despite being told to stay away by the team. Also the fools who have attended illegal raves, large gatherings of drunken fools and especially the imbeciles who decided that lying on a beach was far more important than trying not to spread the virus. To one and all of you, THANKS!!! Covid loves fools like you, but unfortunately it kills the innocent victims of your stupidity. I'm sure that you know who you are, but I doubt if you care.

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I just say a big thank you to all the Covidiots throughout Britain who spent "lockdown" trying to find reasons why "the rules" didn't apply to them. This is aimed at various politicians on ALL pol

Statistics Every 6 years the chances of dying IF you contract the virus, doubles.  I am 74 so my 40'ish children are 30 times less likely to die.  To a 20 something I am 1,000 times mor

Don’t you just love the Aussies approach....      

Posted Images

Statistics

Every 6 years the chances of dying IF you contract the virus, doubles. 

I am 74 so my 40'ish children are 30 times less likely to die. 

To a 20 something I am 1,000 times more likely to die. 

We wear a mask to collect our grandchildren from primary school. This is to protect the other parents, 30 years younger than us. They wear nothing and stand around in groups nattering though we are told by the school not to arrive early. 

I despair of these parents who are risking my life. 

 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone's take on the risks are different. Most people I have met on my travels have differing opinions on the virus from scared to death to couldn't care less mainly dependent on their age.

Link to post
Share on other sites

fwiw ...

Await critic but ...

Have returned today from a 7n (Package) Holiday trip to (lower risk now than UK ) Italy - much enjoyed.  

Understand Italy had one of the longer total lockdown periods after many early days mistakes & Deaths. Has re-opened late and now operates, we were instructed & witnessed, a very firm Face Mask Policy anywhere 'public' inside or outside - can remove mask only to eat or drink when seated - it's all very simple (Donald T). Public accosting & pointing to non wearers with 99% adhering & complying to this ruling + lots of temp checks and hand sanitize stations so all felt very safe and re-assuring. Italy has rising numbers due they say now  to younger age groups & Disco's etc re-opening (didnt go to any) but same thread as per OP. 

I do not have sufficient qualifications or intelligence to comment on the merit of this very simple Policy some 9 months after CV19 first appeared.

Agree the greatest risk of contracting for the more mature is from younger kids & or grand-kids

NB - We innocently contracted CV19 in late March from our fit & well Daughter (10 days & un-pleasant). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It beggars belief that people in this country are so blasé about a virus that kills.

Whether it’s vanity, a misguided sense of invulnerability or plain stupidity it’s hard to imagine anyone of a right mind not wanting to take every step, however minimal, to safeguard themselves and their loved ones.
 

Scientists dismissed the effectiveness of face masks in the early days. In fact what they were doing was politically ‘holding their tongues’ due to the shortages of PPE. Now there are adequate stocks in the field, there is a complete about turn. But it’s too late.
The UK population has happily latched onto the original message...because it’s suits them.  There isn’t a hope in hell of getting them to adopt the self discipline and social responsibility required, that we see in other countries.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the start of this in March a newspaper columnist queried whether we as a country are too selfish to be able to contain the virus , I think we now know the answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixed messages coming out of USA too.  
If Trump has only mild symptons...why are they giving him Dexamethasone?

 

“......the drug does not work on people with milder symptoms, because suppressing their immune system at this point would not be helpful....”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ericfield said:

Mixed messages coming out of USA too.  
If Trump has only mild symptons...why are they giving him Dexamethasone?

 

“......the drug does not work on people with milder symptoms, because suppressing their immune system at this point would not be helpful....”

I frankly don't buy the statement in Italics but I do appreciate it is coming from official sources. 

 

I suspect it is effective given early on but stocks wouldn't be sufficient for such pre-meditated use. Clearly they are throwing everything at Potus.

 

As a similar comparison, my asthmatic wife is prescribed steroids whenever there is a sign of an impending chest infection and it seems to be more effective the sooner it's prescribed. Dr certainly doesn't wait until its developed into pneumonia.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those of us of a certain age are not only at greater risk but I also like to think we more likely have a greater sense of respect for others and self discipline. I hate to generalise but but feel compelled to say that judging from what we see of the behaviour of the younger generation many of them lack the same qualities.

I do believe some of the restrictions being imposed would be less severe if everyone could adhere to the simpler guidance.

We're retired and in the fortunate position of having a garden and living on the edge of town adjacent to open countryside. Even full lockdown was not particularly arduous and I genuinely feel for those who have to endure much less amenable environments e.g. those living in city centre flats . 

But the fact of the matter is this is a pandemic that potentially kills and it is going to remain with us for the foreseeable future so all people need to start taking it seriously and consider their own actions and not just their own health.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we should let the virus rip through the young people such that as a population we achieve herd immunity? Just isolate the over 60s?

 

The danger with the "slow burn" approach is that we could be locked down or partially locked down for years with many other untold consequences...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyrus said:

Maybe we should let the virus rip through the young people such that as a population we achieve herd immunity? Just isolate the over 60s?

 

The danger with the "slow burn" approach is that we could be locked down or partially locked down for years with many other untold consequences...

If you want to let it rip through around 50 million younger people then at say 100k a day it would take 500 days for them all to get it and if it lasts about 7 days in each of them there could be up to 700k people needing medical help each day. That means the older people isolating for 1½ years and if any immunity does not last forever, then this will not help.  Also it is not possible for older people to have nothing to do with the younger ones, they work and do all the jobs the older people need such as working in the shops and the NHS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Paul1957 said:

If you want to let it rip through around 50 million younger people then at say 100k a day it would take 500 days for them all to get it and if it lasts about 7 days in each of them there could be up to 700k people needing medical help each day. That means the older people isolating for 1½ years and if any immunity does not last forever, then this will not help.  Also it is not possible for older people to have nothing to do with the younger ones, they work and do all the jobs the older people need such as working in the shops and the NHS.

We are at 10ks per day already so not far to go to 100k and because it's exponential, it wouldn't take 500 days. 

Sweden?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

We are at 10ks per day already so not far to go to 100k and because it's exponential, it wouldn't take 500 days. 

Sweden?

You would need to still control the infection rate since if it continued to be exponential within a few weeks it would badly affect the country and the NHS with the numbers being ill. I can see another full lockdown happening if the existing controls do not take effect.

I think Sweden had about 10 times the death rate of surrounding countries so not something to be recommended.

Edited by Paul1957
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was on the BBC website just now, suggesting if there is a vaccine it will only be for over 50s...

 

Meanwhile, the head of the government's vaccine taskforce, Kate Bingham, has told the Financial Times that less than half of the UK population could be vaccinated against coronavirus.

"There is going to be no vaccination of people under 18," she said. "It's an adult-only vaccine for people over 50, focusing on health workers, care home workers and the vulnerable."

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

This was on the BBC website just now, suggesting if there is a vaccine it will only be for over 50s...

 

Meanwhile, the head of the government's vaccine taskforce, Kate Bingham, has told the Financial Times that less than half of the UK population could be vaccinated against coronavirus.

"There is going to be no vaccination of people under 18," she said. "It's an adult-only vaccine for people over 50, focusing on health workers, care home workers and the vulnerable."


Perhaps they should also exclude all those that have refused to either wear a mask or social distance, that too would cut down the number of vaccines needed.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

 

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gordon pinned this topic
16 hours ago, montesa said:

fwiw ...

Await critic but ...

Have returned today from a 7n (Package) Holiday trip to (lower risk now than UK ) Italy - much enjoyed.  

NB - We innocently contracted CV19 in late March from our fit & well Daughter (10 days & un-pleasant). 

Montesa,

So you travelled from a higher risk area to a lower one, with the potential of spreading the problem afar and believe that to be a considerate action for 'a holiday'. I question your decision making. The use of the word 'pandemic' as opposed to 'epidemic' to describe Covid-19 should have sounded the alarm bells and dictated that to not travel anywhere was the best course of action. 

I know that others such as yourself disagree with me but fundamentally I am opposed to ALL non-essential travel under the current situation. Travel for a holiday, while desirable, is definitely non-essential.

 

13 hours ago, compact said:

At the start of this in March a newspaper columnist queried whether we as a country are too selfish to be able to contain the virus , I think we now know the answer.

Compact,

I believe that newspaper article has hit the nail on the head as selfishness is currently rife across the generations.

 

13 hours ago, KnausCol said:

Those of us of a certain age are not only at greater risk but I also like to think we more likely have a greater sense of respect for others and self discipline.

But the fact of the matter is this is a pandemic that potentially kills and it is going to remain with us for the foreseeable future so all people need to start taking it seriously and consider their own actions and not just their own health.

KnausCol,

Sadly selfishness and lack of respect for others affects all generations. While life's experience may mean the older generations are possibly more likely to be more respectful of others, that is not true of all.  I also know of several in their 20s and 30s who have shown great restraint in recent months in order to protect both themselves and others.

 

9 hours ago, Paul1957 said:

I can see another full lockdown happening if the existing controls do not take effect.

Paul1957,

Unfortunately until the whole country realise the seriousness of the situation, then I fear another full lockdown will be inevitable. 

 

Think about it! Those who disregard the rules and government advice WILL ultimately cause others to die!

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gordon said:

KnausCol,

Sadly selfishness and lack of respect for others affects all generations. While life's experience may mean the older generations are possibly more likely to be more respectful of others, that is not true of all.  I also know of several in their 20s and 30s who have shown great restraint in recent months in order to protect both themselves and others.

 

Gordon

I did qualify it with a reluctance to generalise as I agree there is good and bad in all generations. But the fact unfortunately remains that it is large non distancing gatherings of 'younger' people that seem to be representing the worst  offenders.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KnausCol said:

Gordon

I did qualify it with a reluctance to generalise as I agree there is good and bad in all generations. But the fact unfortunately remains that it is large non distancing gatherings of 'younger' people that seem to be representing the worst  offenders.

KnausCol,

I don't disagree with you and I accept your caveat. 

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ericfield said:

Mixed messages coming out of USA too.  
If Trump has only mild symptons...why are they giving him Dexamethasone?

“......the drug does not work on people with milder symptoms, because suppressing their immune system at this point would not be helpful....”

Perhaps the medical staff debated the issue and came to a 'Democratic' decision  :D

Trevor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gordon unpinned this topic

From what I have heard and read,there is a consensus of opinion among younger,and some older people,that If you get this virus and die,it isn’t the fault of the virus,it’s the fault of the person for being,Obese,Diabetic,Unfit,Old!and not isolating,this is just a few comments I’ve heard.

 It’s not the fault of the young or disobeyers!  It’s us!  Horrible thoughts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon, I fully understand your fears and cautions and opinions over this terrible virus, in fact I pretty well agree with you,   BUT, whether we like it or not, it isn’t going away any time soon, even Boris hinted at this yesterday, I feel it will be the same at Christmas! next June, even next winter, sadly, I don’t feel a vaccine which we feel is safe, to be of much use for a long while yet.

Sadly I feel that nothing on this earth that will change the so called Covid idiots, any where in the world, sad but time will tell.

 I think the time is fast approaching when we have to decide how we can adapt to this virus and get a reasonable life, people of our age, especially say, over seventies simply cannot stay holed up in our homes for ever! no matter how good our homes may be, it just ain’t natural!

The alternative is to work out the best way to get a life as safely as we can not just for us but others as well, otherwise us over seventies don’t have much of a future to look forward to!

Just my opinion.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pheasant,

I find it hard to find fault with your opinion. My thoughts for the moment are that we are all safest if we stay put; that is not to say that this should be the case for ever, and I am sure there will eventually be procedures adopted that will become the new norm. Like you though, I fear that Covid-19 ain't going away anytime soon - vaccine or no vaccine - so we really have to get used to it.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an interesting one for you ..... 2 huge universities here in Newcastle upon Tyne opened up just 2 weeks ago welcoming students from all over the country ....

 

.In the last week over 700 students ( from just one of these universities ) have tested positive for CV 19

 

This weekend (4th/5th October )....

 

4 students have died .."..NOT from CV 19 "....... but drug related !....

 

NO Student died from CV 19 ......Yet !..

 

Puts it into perspective eh ?

Edited by PeterR
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PeterR said:

Here's an interesting one for you ..... 2 huge universities here in Newcastle upon Tyne opened up just 2 weeks ago welcoming students from all over the country ....

 

.In the last week over 700 students ( from just one of these universities ) have tested positive for CV 11....

 

This weekend (4th/5th October )....

 

4 students have died .."..NOT from CV 11 "....... but drug related !....

 

NO Student died from CV 11 ......Yet !..

 

Puts it into perspective eh ?

 

Also of interest regarding area's under lockdown, and those with high infection rates that aren't:

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-lockdown-wealthy-areas-avoid-government-labour-tory-b781344.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PeterR said:

Here's an interesting one for you ..... 2 huge universities here in Newcastle upon Tyne opened up just 2 weeks ago welcoming students from all over the country ....

 

.In the last week over 700 students ( from just one of these universities ) have tested positive for CV 19

 

This weekend (4th/5th October )....

 

4 students have died .."..NOT from CV 19 "....... but drug related !....

 

NO Student died from CV 19 ......Yet !..

 

Puts it into perspective eh ?

Definitely 'Puts it into perspective eh ', in the UK over 42000 had died after a positive corona virus test within 28 days, far more than the numbers who die from drugs each year. Drugs get the attention though due to the criminal activity associated with them which affects many.

Edited by Paul1957
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...