Waste Pipe Support Straps

I have made up some adjustable 'hook and loop' straps for supporting rigid waste pipes and had material left over so if anyone is interested they can be obtained here...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caravan-Rigid-Waste-Pipe-Adjustable-Support-Straps-SET-of-3/392965187536?hash=item5b7e8ce7d0:g:efQAAOSw2SVfdj-Q

IMG_2207.jpeg

• Like 1

Hyundai Santa Fe Premium SE 2015 with Lunar Clubman si 2011

Tattoos - who would want to make their body look like the wall in a public urinal - they are going to look amazing on a 75 year old - not!

Looks like a great idea. I would like to know how the support fits to the caravan? 

Opp's, I have just seen your ebay advert and it shows that it's threaded through the awning skirt slot.  

Edited by Doosan

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

• 2 weeks later...

Updated link for purchase...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caravan-Waste-Pipe-Adjustable-Support-Straps-for-rigid-pipes-SET-of-3-FREE-POST/392976776913?hash=item5b7f3dbed1:g:efQAAOSw2SVfdj-Q

Tattoos - who would want to make their body look like the wall in a public urinal - they are going to look amazing on a 75 year old - not!

Tried mine for the first time this weekend, absolutely superb.

2016 Audi Q7 3. 0 - Towing a 2012 Sterling Elite Emerald

Persistent Love2Stay user

Must admit I made my own - very simple and very effective

Cheers

Paul

Kia Sorento KX3 towing Bailey Unicorn Barcelona 2011

Would these work with the Collapz system?  ( flexible hose but with rigid connectors ). Perhaps an extra strap or two to keep it flowing ?? 

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

On 19/10/2020 at 19:42, ivan leslie said:

Would these work with the Collapz system?  ( flexible hose but with rigid connectors ). Perhaps an extra strap or two to keep it flowing ?? 

Can't see why not, I have added some more photos to the listing....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caravan-Waste-Pipe-Adjustable-Support-Straps-for-rigid-pipes-SET-of-3-FREE-POST/392976776913?hash=item5b7f3dbed1:g:efQAAOSw2SVfdj-Q

16 hours ago, The road toad said:

Thanks for that, appreciated.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

I have never used support straps or pegs or similar.

Our serviced pitch waste pipe is made up of interconnecting lengths of 40mm pond hose which has the benefit of being flexible with a nice smooth inner bore (reinforcing spiral is on the outside) and being very easy to stow away as each length forms a tidy closed loop.

Sometimes the drain on site is raised and so yes, water does collect in the pipe near this.

As part of our packing up routine the last of the hot water goes into the washing up bowl with detergent and a dash of bleach. This is then tipped down the sink to flush the system.

As we separate and pack away the hose sections we ensure any trapped water goes down the drain.

After two years of using it we have had no blockages, reduced flow or smells. Looking through each section we have not seen any evidence of any residue staying in the "low points" after our "packing up flush".

However, 14 days is as long as we have stayed in one place, so I can't say how it would perform for a seasonal pitch full duration stay which I guess is what these straps and similar are designed for?

On 15/10/2020 at 19:58, The road toad said:

For many years I used 2 inch cut-offs from a spare awning skirt and they worked very well.  I have just bought these - same job but a lot smarter.

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

• 4 weeks later...