Skoda Superb a good tow car?

Depends what its towing! They're relatively light for a large car. 

2018 Octavia vRS 245 TSI Estate & 2016 Adria Altea 552 DT Tamar

I tow with a 190 bhp TDI Superb estate and it is without doubt the best towcar I have had. My caravanning friend tows with the 150 bhp saloon version and he too is seriously impressed.  Spacious, very stable and both towing 1500 MTPLM caravans. You won't regret it.

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

5 hours ago, millerhouse12 said:

I tow with a 190 bhp TDI Superb estate and it is without doubt the best towcar I have had. My caravanning friend tows with the 150 bhp saloon version and he too is seriously impressed.  Spacious, very stable and both towing 1500 MTPLM caravans. You won't regret it.

John M

Thank you. 

Superb in every way. If we didn't have a truck we would have one. The 4 motion can tow a higher weight.

At 1345kg the 190PS Superb will have no problem at all with power or stability.

Yeti 2.0TDi DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Citigo ASG, Swift Challenger.

They have a superb reputation !     

John.

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

Hi Pattajones

We have been caravanning for nearly 20 years, both around the UK and in France and Spain, usually towing about 5k miles per annum (but not this year!). We currently tow a Coachman Pastiche 460 (MPTLM 1350kg) with a 16 plate Superb III SLE Estate 190 manual. For the previous 5 years I had a 2010 Superb II estate 170. They have both been excellent tow-cars. There is plenty of power and torque when you need it and it is extremely stable even in some vigorous side winds.

There can be some confusion about ‘kerbweights’ with Skodas. The brochure quotes a ‘kerbweight’ without a driver, whereas the owners manual quotes an ‘operating weight’, which includes 75 kg for the driver. (The two do tally). The latter operating weight including a driver should be used as the ‘kerbweight’ for matching purposes.

With the 170 we towed a Coachman Pastiche 460/2, which had a MPTLM of 1420kg, which was a 92% match. I never had any indication of instability (and I tend to tow fairly briskly). I believe that the Superbs are particularly stable towcars, which has contributed to them winning towcar awards on several occasions.

You will have absolutely no problem towing a 1345kg caravan.

Go for it and enjoy it.

Cheers

Paul RT

8 hours ago, Paul R T said:

Hi Pattajones

We have been caravanning for nearly 20 years, both around the UK and in France and Spain, usually towing about 5k miles per annum (but not this year!). We currently tow a Coachman Pastiche 460 (MPTLM 1350kg) with a 16 plate Superb III SLE Estate 190 manual. For the previous 5 years I had a 2010 Superb II estate 170. They have both been excellent tow-cars. There is plenty of power and torque when you need it and it is extremely stable even in some vigorous side winds.

There can be some confusion about ‘kerbweights’ with Skodas. The brochure quotes a ‘kerbweight’ without a driver, whereas the owners manual quotes an ‘operating weight’, which includes 75 kg for the driver. (The two do tally). The latter operating weight including a driver should be used as the ‘kerbweight’ for matching purposes.

With the 170 we towed a Coachman Pastiche 460/2, which had a MPTLM of 1420kg, which was a 92% match. I never had any indication of instability (and I tend to tow fairly briskly). I believe that the Superbs are particularly stable towcars, which has contributed to them winning towcar awards on several occasions.

You will have absolutely no problem towing a 1345kg caravan.

Go for it and enjoy it.

Cheers

Paul RT

Many thanks for your reassuring words.