Hull - Zeebrugge Ferry news.

It seems that this P&O Ferry service may be axed.  Certainly it was not a cheap option ,  but for those of us living in the north of UK it has been a very convenient way of reaching the continent.  I will be sorry to see it go and have to journey to the south coast to make my crossing.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/po-ferries-crossing-hull-zeebrugge-4563832

John .   

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

It’s really sad news. We’ve used that crossing for years and make the ferry part of the holiday. It was always a great start and end. I detest arriving back at either Dover or Portsmouth and the rat-race of the south-east. 

No, on the face of it, it wasn’t cheap, but when you consider the saved fuel, overnight stops and meals (as you could pre-pay for the meals on-board) it wasn’t that expensive, and certainly a heck of a lot better value than Brittany Ferries longer overnight crossings. And then there’s what money can’t buy, the lovely relaxed feeling and relative sanity of Hull when you get back from holiday as you’re not battling with the volume of lorries, coaches and other vehicles that you do in the SE. 

• Like 2

1958 Morris Minor towing 2012 Hobby Landhaus

2 hours ago, Leedslad said:

I will be sorry to see it go and have to journey to the south coast to make my crossing.

John .   

There's always Hull/Rotterdam John.

A thread in this section is already running on this topic. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion