What do you tow your valencia with

Good Afternoon All

not sure if this should be in this area as its a bailey or in the towing section. I am sure if it is in the incorrect area the admin will move it . apologies if this is the case

Please may I ask what you tow your Valencia with, we are really struck with it and busy doing our numbers to see if we can get one. At present looking at one around £11k and as you will know its a big beastie and our wee seat ibiza will have to go.

If you kind folks could let me know thoughts on towing , the one that sticks out for our on our small research so far is the Antaria . It comes in at a good price for a 2015 model and it appears to be more than capable.

thanks 

Can't speak for the Antaria.  Daughter no 2 has one but never tows.  We have had 3 Valencia mks 1,2,3.  Now a Alicanto Estoril.  All towed by a couple of Kia Serento autos.  ( always go for the auto )  Super towing car and equally good solo.  

There are 20 for sale on Auto Trader in your price range.  Most with part of the manufacturers warranty still to go and some already fitted with tow bars.  Why risk anything else with no warranty left.  ?

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Thanks so much for that, I am wanting an automatic , cant see any other way to be honest

your Alicanto Estoril looks amazing 

Will have a look at the Kias 

I tow our 2011 Valencia with a 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe auto.  The Valencia has been upgraded to 1600kg.  Very good tow car, much like the Sorento.  Prior to that I towed with a 2007 Freelander 2, 2.2 Tdi manual which was equally as good but much prefer an auto.

Edited by Trek

Mike

• 1 month later...

Had 2 Antaras, 2012 and 2014 4wd manual, towing Elddis Avante (1500kg) no probs stable and able tow car, go for the 4wd.

We have a 2015 Valencia.  For the first couple of years it was towed by a Mondeo estate, 2 litre diesel automatic.  In terms of weight the Valencia was close to the limit for the Mondeo, but never had any stability issues and found the car coped well in terms of power.  Now have a Mercedes E class E350 estate, again automatic, which is a superb towcar.  Loads of power and very stable when towing.  Being a rear wheel drive with self levelling rear suspension probably helps.

We have had 3 Sorrentos and now have Santa Fe, all have towed Bailey vans, currently a Unicorn 4 Cadiz. All are good towards, being powerful and reliable.

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

Same as above 

2016 Kuga 180 AWD, Manual. Does ok returns avg 25 mpg whist towing. 

<p>Live for the weekend!!!!

I towed mine with an xtrail manual and two 2.2 cx-5's both manual and auto, the latter is the best tow car I've owned,

On 01/12/2020 at 15:54, xtrailman said:

I towed mine with an xtrail manual and two 2.2 cx-5's both manual and auto, the latter is the best tow car I've owned,

What better than the Tiguan