Avondale Zig MK 104

Grazy

I have one of the above installed in my newly acquired 2002 Avondale avocet. It has three rocker switches on,  one labelled carver heater and two labelled water heater. As far as I can make out there is only one water heater. Can anyone shed some light on this please. Can’t find a manual anywhere.

thanks

Grazy

• Jay changed the title to Avondale Zig MK 104

Look at the head of this Avondale section and there are handbooks for 2001 and 2003. Yours will be similar. The topics are pinned to keep them at the top of this section of the forum. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

50 minutes ago, Grazy said:

. It has three rocker switches on,  one labelled carver heater and two labelled water heater.

My Avondale only has two switches - one for the heater and one for the water heater - so can't help you other than to say, dont switch either of them on till you've filled the water heater from the Aquaroll - otherwise you will burn out the element.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

1 hour ago, Grazy said:

I have one of the above installed in my newly acquired 2002 Avondale avocet. It has three rocker switches on,  one labelled carver heater and two labelled water heater. As far as I can make out there is only one water heater. Can anyone shed some light on this please. Can’t find a manual anywhere.

thanks

Grazy

Can you post a photo ?

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Grazy said:

I have one of the above installed in my newly acquired 2002 Avondale Avocet. It has three rocker switches on,  one labelled carver heater and two labelled water heater. As far as I can make out there is only one water heater. Can anyone shed some light on this please. Can’t find a manual anywhere.

thanks

Grazy

I am unfamiliar with the term Mk 104 but unless it has been replaced by a previous owner I believe the panel in your caravan will look something like the image below, and will be a cream colour. If this is the case then the individual coloured trip switches at the top right act like fuses and should all be in the "up" position when in use. The socket and space heater one should be 10 Amp rated, and the water heater charger and fridge 6 Amp. The yellow button at the top left is a test button and should trigger the black master switch adjacent to it - raise this switch again to reset.

The two rocker switches below are normally green in colour, illuminate when on, and are the local isolator switches for the space heater (room heater) and the water heater respectively. The meter below should indicate the state of battery charge.

image.png

Thanks Gordon mine is very different to yours ! Never mind .

That's interesting as the image I posted is what was fitted by Avondale at the time. Maybe you could post an image of what you have as it may be known under an alternative model number?

26 minutes ago, Gordon said:

That's interesting as the image I posted is what was fitted by Avondale at the time. Maybe you could post an image of what you have as it may be known under an alternative model number?

Agreed, I can't think of anything ZIG with those numbers.

The only thing MK wise I can think of is that he's looking at a bit of MK kit, a switch or an MCB  which would read MK 10A and is mistaking the  A  for a 4.

At it's age it could have been replaced / modified with a mix and match with other components not made by ZIG.

A bit remote but that's all I can think of, lets hope that he comes back with a photo so we can give him more help, but as in many instances like this..................................sadly, any more input ends here.

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

That's a thought Silversurf. I hadn't considered that MK may have related to the breaker manufacturer rather than the Zig unit complete - obvious now I come to think of it :blush:

Anyway if Grazy can drop a picture into this thread I'm sure between us we'll be able to solve the mystery.

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.