Hobby prestige 2006 transformer problem

Hi!

I have tried to sort out the transformer problem by asking hobby if they can send a wiring diagram. This was 2 weeks ago and no diagram yet. I have confirmed power going in to the transformer via the kettle type plug. All fuses were checked ok. I want to check with my meter the cables going out to supply the 12v lights and pump and tv aerial. However it is difficult to confirm what the colours are. I want to confirm that the problem is with the transformer 

0CAEDC02-B1FA-43FA-B3CD-AD75903672D4.jpeg

This any use?

Ignore the red arrow...

56358451_2302830380000263_7193368964309712896_n.jpg

Edited by JayTea

Hobby 575 VIP

Re-check the kettle plug is pushed all the way in, the earth pin protrudes further out than the Live & Neutral  and the spring clips on the earth could be holding the plug back, meaning it needs a more firm push to engage the other two connections.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

9 hours ago, JayTea said:

This any use?

Ignore the red arrow...

56358451_2302830380000263_7193368964309712896_n.jpg

This diagram is for a later year, different system.

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

On 28/09/2020 at 09:11, Vinny278 said:

Hi!

I have tried to sort out the transformer problem by asking hobby if they can send a wiring diagram. This was 2 weeks ago and no diagram yet. I have confirmed power going in to the transformer via the kettle type plug. All fuses were checked ok. I want to check with my meter the cables going out to supply the 12v lights and pump and tv aerial. However it is difficult to confirm what the colours are. I want to confirm that the problem is with the transformer 

0CAEDC02-B1FA-43FA-B3CD-AD75903672D4.jpeg

Yours is a Dometic Transformer 12 V 240 W, I had a wiring digram, if I can find it I'll post it.

Hobby 12v wiring colours, especially early ones, are an absolute pain all black and white (pos and neg) with a few odd colours thrown in 🤷‍♂️

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply all. I have tried pushing plug further in and no effect 😊considering fitting a leisure battery and charger. Any experience with this?

On 02/10/2020 at 07:25, Vinny278 said:

Thanks for your reply all. I have tried pushing plug further in and no effect 😊considering fitting a leisure battery and charger. Any experience with this?

Try contacting https://leisureelectronicrepairs.co.uk/  about the transformer problem.

Post the model of transformer and I may have some wiring diagrams for adding a battery and charger.

Thanks. I have checked the company you gave a link to and looked in their online shop and they don’t have the dometic  model I have. I will look for the model number soon. I have moved out of the caravan for the season.

After 3 weeks, hobby have replied and said they can’t provide a wiring diagram for the transformer! 🤷🏻‍♂️I despair... anyone put their own leisure battery and charger in? Do I need a smart charger?