Cracked door window in 2020 caravan

I have a 2020 Buccaneer cruiser. The outer pane of the door window has cracked. Can this be repaired? 

• WispMan changed the title to Cracked door window in 2020 caravan

No, only replaced which shouldn’t be an issue as it’s under warranty unless it’s accidental damage of course ;)

• Like 1

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Don’t know how it happened, might end up paying for it. Am told you must buy a new door. Sounds ridiculous   Surely it is possible to replace in situe 

First off try for a warranty claim.

If the only option is a new door then I would suggest you get used to the idea of living with a cracked window.

A new door will require you to take out a mortgage for it, they are a  an utterly ludicrous price :o

Edited by Mr Plodd

If its accidental damage what about an insurance claim if the price is exorbitant? 

Edited by yorkyguy
typo

Surely the window can be replaced.? If I could get the window a windscreen company could possibly put it in ??

I would imagine it’s a fairly easy DIY job but the door will have to come apart to do it. Someone put the door together in the first place, it’s “just” a question of figuring out how.

That’s  IF and it’s a big if, you can source just the window part and not have to go down the route of a whole new door assembly.