Gloucester Services Northbound

Hi, travelling back north at weekend. Looking for a dog walk& refuel stop. Gloucester Services looks good for a stop but the petrol station looks not to be a drive through. But a left turn to pumps then you are facing a wall necessitating a sharp right to get out. Anyone let me know if it is as tight as Google makes it look. Towing an 8” wide caravan, thanks John

6 minutes ago, connorefc said:

Towing an 8” wide caravan.

I reckon an 8 inch caravan will be fine :D

I had no problem with  a 7’6” plenty of room to get out pumps are at angle for driving out forward 

plus the dog walk was good 

Great place to stop. Not noticed any problems with the fuel stop!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Gloucester services are good, I have never bought fuel there though,as I come off at next junction northbound 11A I think, and travel towards Gloucester follow superstore signs and fill up at Sainsburys, first 2 pumps have plenty of room for car and caravan.

11 hours ago, Hort2074 said:

I reckon an 8 inch caravan will be fine :D

Thank you for your advice, luckily for me other contributors have been more helpful. 

6 hours ago, connorefc said:

Thank you for your advice, luckily for me other contributors have been more helpful. 

Get over it, it was a little joke.

As said a great stopping place however often no spaces and not the cheapest. The access and egress are fine, if you look on Google maps streetview there is an artic using the last pump, and it appears far better than the mentioned Sainsburys.

As also mentioned I would not be aiming to get fuel at a motorway services and when travelling abroad fuel stops are planned, and access researched, as its all too easy to get in a very awkward situation.

Same can be done here, just pick an area that you think will be a suitable fill up point and search on Google maps.

I know fuel is a lot dearer at services but you only need to put in enough to finish your journey  safely