Whale CompleteHeat - Boost feature

A feature of the CompleteHeat system is “Boost”, which I understand is where the water can be heated on a 1.5kw / 6.5 amp setting for a period of time (you can choose 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes). The normal (non-boost) setting seems to be 0.75kw / 3.3 amp. So I select, say, 15 minutes, and when I press the button a countdown begins.

I would expect that once the 15 minutes was up, then water heating would end, or it would return to normal heating if that was already on. But no, the countdown begins again … and would presumably continue doing so all day if I forgot to turn it off.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is it the system that’s not working as it should?

John

I forgot to mention … the system is controlled by the Whale “iVan” control panel.

Hopefully someone has experience of this system.

John

Hi @jonaldo

My name is Hayley and I work in the marketing team at Whale.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team who will do all they can to assist you with your query. You can call them on 0345 9090 911 or email info@whalepumps.com.

Alternatively, please privately send me the best number to get you on and I will get one of our team to give you a call.

Best wishes,

Hayley

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know the outcome of this problem  -  

Whale sent me an SD card which can be inserted into the underside of the control panel to update the software.  This took about 2 minutes and immediately cured the problem.  The Boost feature now runs for whatever time you select, and does not then restart.

Result. Thanks Whale 🙂

John

• Like 1